It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing UFO Over NY

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by crowdedskies

Not necessarily. My husband takes photos he swears are UFOs and when I can point out the obvious or even duplicate his photos he still refuses to see the light or admit that he made a mistake.

For the record I do believe that there are UFOs. I just don't believe that every video or every photo claiming to depict a UFO is real, and in many cases people want to believe so badly they'll accept any explanation for the evidence.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The reflection theory really needs to be kept out of the discussion. We have a name for the lady driver. Her colleague is the one who posted the picture. They would already have checked her car accessories. The culprit (speaker) would not have uprooted itself from the dashboard and made a run for it.

The reflection theory must therefore be assuming that all these people (Driver, colleagues,ect) are trying to 'hoax'. I do not think that is the case.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by crowdedskies]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by crowdedskies
The reflection theory really needs to be kept out of the discussion. We have a name for the lady driver. Her colleague is the one who posted the picture. They would already have checked her car accessories. The culprit (speaker) would not have uprooted itself from the dashboard and made a run for it.

The reflection theory must therefore be assuming that all these people (Driver, colleagues,ect) are in on the 'hoax'. I do not think that is the case.

Source?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by crowdedskies
The reflection theory really needs to be kept out of the discussion. We have a name for the lady driver. Her colleague is the one who posted the picture. They would already have checked her car accessories.

The reflection theory must therefore be assuming that all these people (Driver, colleagues,ect) are trying to 'hoax'. I do not think that is the case.

Pure speculation.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think it's a reflection from something in the car. You can see the pattern is doubled. It's hitting the front of the glass and the outside of the glass too, which might suggest the windscreen has a film on the outside of the glass that's causing the double exposure effect of the 'object'. Dunno much about windscreens though. It doesn't look like an object in the sky to me.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

but I know this;

It's not condensation, a raindrop or a reflection

haha

you know that huh?
you are good!

super fail, friend.
congrats on that!

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Ahmose]

Yes I know that for several reasons in fact.

For starts, the iamge is behind a raindrop. Interesting to know is that you can actually see the bottowm of the raindrop and a drop of water reflecting an object creates avery small version in it, much like an object in you eye can be seen completely even thou the original object is much alrger and a mirror would reflefct it much larger because it's not curved.

Also, a speaker with lights or screws in it is plain weird, not to mention that most carspeakers are actually shielded unless it's a custom modded car. Condensation also forms in the inside (I can know with my car, believe me) and a splattered drop ON TOP of a not splattered drop is bogus.

So we can actually scientificully rule them out. That people here hold them up because half of them are send to quel this story in the butt is beyond my imagination.

I am not saying it is real, I'm just saying wha'it's not.
Having said that, it is a littlebit funny it holds to the cliche of a flying saucer. But then again, is a cliche a cliche when flying saucers are just that?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

thats the worst debunk ive heard yet, it looks legit to me, and i rarely ever say that.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
let me add to the reflection theory.....

i would assume that we are looking at the bottom of the alleged "craft"..... sooo that being said.... wouldnt that large craft be flying at an extremely odd angle?

i vote reflection..... i'm just a bit puzzled as to why that is the only reflection.... maybe photoshopped a bit?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

It depends on what model jeep she has, because if the winshield folds down it will not have a big concave on it. It would not have enough to distort a round speaker that much.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I would hate to take a pic of a genuine ufo and have it debunked. In this case though I think the story is a falsehood and the 'ufo' is definitely a reflection in the glass. How can anyone judge the rain drops are in front of it? It's all on the glass.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well I guess we could sit here all day and night going back and forth about what it is and what it isn't. The one big problem that all of us have and would love to know and that is what model jeep she was driving because that would at least keep us from speculating on wether or not it is a reflection of speaker or whatever else might be in the vehicle.
I guess for know we can all agree to disagree until some more info is found then we can really get this thing going.That seems to be the easier way to go instead of BS back and forth. So for now I will leave it at undetermined until further evidence comes forward. Oh and for the record I don't think it is a speaker reflection. But what do I know maybe there is a very logical explanation I just don't know. I will be looking for more info.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicodin

Seriously, if that were a true unknown object in the sky I would not take only one photo through my windscreen. Most people wouldn't. At the very least I would have rolled down my window for a clearer view snapping photos or shooting video as I did!

It boggles my mind that someone could nonchalantly snap that photo on their way to work and not stop to take more. Just keep driving? Seriously?

If it were moving fast enough to be gone for a second shot then where is it's motion in the first shot? Cell cameras do not shoot photos at decent enough shutter speeds to stop motion.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by Vicodin

Seriously, if that were a true unknown object in the sky I would not take only one photo through my windscreen. Most people wouldn't. At the very least I would have rolled down my window for a clearer view snapping photos or shooting video as I did!

It boggles my mind that someone could nonchalantly snap that photo on their way to work and not stop to take more. Just keep driving? Seriously?

If it were moving fast enough to be gone for a second shot then where is it's motion in the first shot? Cell cameras do not shoot photos at decent enough shutter speeds to stop motion.

Again, refer back to the OP. They calim that she was just taking a pic of "hole in the clouds", she didn't see a UFO until looking at the picture again.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
looks very real to me.wow

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Picture is real, just a reflection in the window. Nothing to see folks. Next please...people get so scared about reflection....my gosh if anyone had paid attention in high school basic physics you would be introduced to the concept of reflection.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

The one big problem that all of us have and would love to know and that is what model jeep she was driving because that would at least keep us from speculating on wether or not it is a reflection of speaker or whatever else might be in the vehicle.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

The speakers that come standard in whatever model of Jeep it is doesn't necissarily mean that she didn't install different speakers. I think the only way to make sure it wasn't speakers on the dash would be a picture of the speakers on HER dash.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Blender]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Blender

Refer back to the OP.
"She" didn't see the UFO at all. This was all initiated by the coworker who she gave the camera to.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

It's a water droplet.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Here's the problem. There are so many hoaxes out there that it is literally impossible to tell the real thing from the fakes. Photos are too easy to fake, and video no longer has the merit that it once had.

I know for a fact that UFO's are real. However, until one happens like the Phoenix lights where thousands see it and film it simultaneously, there will always be a question as to the validity of individual UFO reports.

Namaste and Love

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This is my first time posting/replying on this site, but I've been reading for several weeks now. One thing I've seen come up in several different threads is the idea that first impressions, interpretations, and feelings can be important. The first thing I saw when I looked at this photograph was the reflection of a metal, glass and reflective or illuminated wristwatch face on someone's arm. It's been interesting to read other theories...but I still can't help but see a wristwatch.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join