It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing UFO Over NY

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Yes it is a reflection. Here is a pic of the dash of Jeep Patriot.

Notice the speaker. Notice the windshield. Now, replace that with a led lit speaker, which I've already posted. Go do some more research.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I was just getting ready to leave in my car but I wanted to take a picture of a palm tree. Then I saw the UFO. It had to be in the clouds because the raindrops are in front of it.

[edit on 7/4/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by minute2midnight

Yes it is a reflection. Here is a pic of the dash of Jeep Patriot.

Notice the speaker. Notice the windshield. Now, replace that with a led lit speaker, which I've already posted. Go do some more research.

Right lets just hold up for a moment here...

its broad daylight, even if cloudy. There are no internal lights on inside the car, that much we can surmise. Unless of course the person was setting out to create a fake, that's something totally different.

So lets just say, yes, the person has a single elliptical speaker mounted in the dash, that has LEDs on it. Fine, so why is the speaker surround also reflected back in the screen when there's no light source for it? The LEDS yes, but they should also show the cone and the tweeter assembly quite clearly if they show the surround and they don't. The Only light source from inside the car would be the LEDS and even more so in daylight, they would provide virtually no *flood lighting* effect to the rest of the speaker. Even if they do produce enough to reflect the speaker itself, there should be clearly visible pools of brighter areas where the speaker is shown in more detail around the LEDs. There isn't, and there should be.

IMHO it's a hoax, but it's not a reflection.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Ok, the image online - thanks for the link
- is not the original since it's at 72 ppi but it will still work to explain my reasoning.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/561d7d03e6ab.jpg[/atsimg]

Everything outside of the car has motion blur. The object has no motion blur. It wasn't moving relative to the car. It was stationary within the car. The rain drop visible on the object is not as defined as the raindrops without a reflection affecting them.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cd76b2da052a.jpg[/atsimg]

The reflection and the scenery outside the car are blended, not one or the other as some suppose but a combination of both views.

Edit: fixed the links.

[edit on 4/7/2010 by SeenMyShare]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
It's not a reflection or the raindrops would not be in front of it. If you actually bother to take it into a viewer and blow it up, that much is patently obvious. That doesn't mean it isn't a fake. Just remind me never to ride in one of your rockets..

Remind me never to ride in one of your rockets!

"it's not a reflection or the rain drops would not be in front of it"

are you serious?

You can't be!

can you?

very flawed logic there mate.
funny!

as much as Id like this to be 'real'..

Im going to have to go with 'reflection' as well.
It actually seems pretty darn obvious.
Jeez.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I was just getting ready to leave in my car but I wanted to take a picture of a palm tree. Then I saw the UFO. It had to be in the clouds because the raindrops are in front of it.

No its completely different.... now go and do it properly.... its simple make a refection of s speaker with LEDS in it and have the refection of the speaker cone surround interrupted by the rain drops. IE a non directly light emanating source appear behind the rain drops.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare

- is not the original since it's at 72 ppi but it will still work to explain my reasoning.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/561d7d03e6ab.jpg[/atsimg]

Everything outside of the car has motion blur. The object has no motion blur. It wasn't moving relative to the car. It was stationary within the car. The rain drop visible on the object is not as defined as the raindrops without a reflection affecting them.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cd76b2da052a.jpg[/atsimg]

The reflection and the scenery outside the car are blended, not one or the other as some suppose but a combination of both views.

Apart from the w quite obvious double image of the LEDS caused by the motion?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by minute2midnight

That is ok, but the only size that will fit the dash is 3.5 inch and that does not come in any other way except round and picture shown does not even come close to being round. Also you cannot get a speaker that big to fit up there. there is just not enough room.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Actually, this is the first flying object I've seen with four evenly spaced bolt holes around it's perimeter! Wonder what they bolt to... each other?

It's a speaker, else the photographer would have stopped to get more and better photos. No one sees a true object in the sky like that and takes a single solitary photo. It would have been the sighting of a lifetime and with camera in hand they would have photographed till it left or they ran out of memory.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Unbraced camera in the hand of an individual driving.... yeah I can explain the double image of the led's

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Is there anything else which could have been reflecting at the same time?

If that speaker is on the dashboard facing upwards then i'd have to agree with you but is there anything else which should have been reflecting too?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I'm too old to have LED speakers.

It's a flashlight. Used for demonstration purposes.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

That does it for me at least. Planet 10 looks like nice place to live

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Still laughing about this~

Originally posted by FireMoon:
It's not a reflection or the raindrops would not be in front of it.

common sense,

what?

not at all common.

lol

nice reflection though.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

This was taken by a woman that was on her way to work and she took the picture with her cell phone. She probably didn't stop and get out as it looks like it was about to rain and she probably did not want to be late to work. Please tell me how you know these are bolt holes exactly.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

As an auto mechanic I've installed more than my share of speakers, both eliptical and round. I saw the bolt holes right away. I've also seen my share of speakers laying about in cars that were never properly installed, on the dash, the seat, the floor, taped to doors, and even mounted on steering wheels
). That, my good sir, is a speaker.

Edit to add: I could have been on my way to the hospital to deliver a baby and would STILL have stopped to get more photographs! Proof of UFOs versus job... no contest for me!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare

Im not saying that its an UFO or not, I wasnt there so I not going to waste my time making assumptions, BUT, the sky isnt going to have motion blur lol, of course the trees and stuff on ground level has motion blur, but the sky is too far away for there to be motion blur... Just look out the window next time your driving in the car, the sky doesnt move by fast, tress on the side of the road do, "Everything outside the car has motion blur" is a simply inaccurate statement.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
How are you all missing this?? Its obviously a shamwow!! Gosh!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
looks real to me
a speaker mmmmmm
i dunno,but i say real

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I would bet my balls that its a reflection of something in the car, most likley a speaker.

It looks SO much like a speaker reflection that if this was not a hoax you would think she would have uploaded a picture of her dash to show that it wasn't a reflection.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join