It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing UFO Over NY

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
definitly a reflection of something on the dashboard.

sorry this is a hoax.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

This is one of the most amazing photos I have ever seen on this site! Star and flag for you =)

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
just a question because im not sure of the answer..... would an object of that size.... that high up be motion blurred????

regardless i am going to say it COULD be a reflection, but why is that the only thing reflecting?

and please don't jump down my throat.... just a question

thanks

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by minute2midnight

That is ok, but the only size that will fit the dash is 3.5 inch and that does not come in any other way except round and picture shown does not even come close to being round. Also you cannot get a speaker that big to fit up there. there is just not enough room.

Yea the object in question is shaped like 6 by 9 and 3.5's come standard in dashs.

Although, if you really wanted to, you could put a 10 inch subwoofer in your dash. Just because 3.5's COME in the dash doesn't mean you can't take them out, make the hole bigger, and stick a 6 by 9 in there. Not sure why anyone would do this, just saying its possibe.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Edit to add: I could have been on my way to the hospital to deliver a baby and would STILL have stopped to get more photographs! Proof of UFOs versus job... no contest for me!

How long did it appear in the sky ? was it enough to stop the car and get out or roll down the window (probably electric windows) ..
was it standing there or did it fly the same direction as the car?
Would it be cool if the exact cars speaker would be found.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Vicodin]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I took a look at this picture and I do not know whether it is a hoax or real but I know this;

It's not condensation, a raindrop or a reflection.
If it is photoshop it is very cleverly done.

And people, not everyone stops the car to make a picture. We should assume she took a picture of something else and discovered the UFO later while rewatching it.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AncientShade
I took a look at this picture and I do not know whether it is a hoax or real but I know this;

And people, not everyone stops the car to make a picture. We should assume she took a picture of something else and discovered the UFO later while rewatching it.

the original post stated that she didn't take it as a ufo..... she took a picture of the "hole in the clouds"...... would you stop your journey just to take a pic of the hole??? no.... you would probably do what she did..... cell it and keep driving......

just thought i'd add that

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AncientShade

I thought I read that the woman who took the photo was just taking a "hole in the clouds" she thought she saw and didn't notice the "UFO" *cough* reflection *cough* until looking at the picture later.

edit- Oops looks like C-Reilly just beat me to it.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Blender]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

but I know this;

It's not condensation, a raindrop or a reflection

haha

you know that huh?
you are good!

super fail, friend.
congrats on that!

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blender

Yes you could fit a sub in the dash but you will never be able to put it in an area that would show a reflection like that in the windshield. One thing is we do know what year or model that she is driving.If it is say a wrangler or that style there is no way that you get a speaker that big in the dash. Even the newer jeeeps don't have the room which is why they put smaller ones in the dash. I don't even know what car would be able to mount a 6x9 there.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

and what exactly did you just add to the conversation? at least prove him wrong.....

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Blender

Yea the object in question is shaped like 6 by 9 and 3.5's come standard in dashs.

I've noticed a lot of arguing back-and-forth about the shapes of speakers mounted in dashboards, on top, and under the windshields....

YES, they are usually round. Why has no one yet pointed out that the edges of a windshield are CURVED? Concave.

Thus, the reflection (yes, it's a reflection) or a circle would appear oblong, elongated, oval...see?

Oh...AND the reason it's reflecting???

That big ole' HOLE in the clouds, the original reason she took the photo, is letting sunlight through --- thus shining onto the top of the dash, and the reflection is highlighted, in the windshield, against the darker, cloudy sky as backgdrop.

Fascinating how ONE picture can fool so many.....

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
We cannot conclusively say it is a reflection of a speaker until we identify the exact type and model of the speaker that matches it.

Until then, it's speculation.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It is all perfectly symmerical; 8 lights around the outer rim and eight lights on the inner rim. They are all in equal distance from each other. There is some duplication but only due to camera movement.

I would have thought that if it was a reflection, the driver herself would be the first one to come and apologise to her colleagues for having been duped by her own vehicle accessories. No doubt friends and colleagues would have inspected her car. That to me must eliminate the reflection theory.

It cannot be a smudge due to the symmetrical lights.

It is either a hoax using graphic software or a genuine UFO. It could even be 16 UFOs forming a pattern in the eye of a storm. I'll keep an open mind on this one.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Blender

YES, they are usually round. Why has no one yet pointed out that the edges of a windshield are CURVED? Concave.

um.... that was mentioned....

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Blender

I've noticed a lot of arguing back-and-forth about the shapes of speakers mounted in dashboards, on top, and under the windshields....

Thus, the reflection (yes, it's a reflection) or a circle would appear oblong, elongated, oval...see?

Oh...AND the reason it's reflecting???

That big ole' HOLE in the clouds, the original reason she took the photo, is letting sunlight through --- thus shining onto the top of the dash, and the reflection is highlighted, in the windshield, against the darker, cloudy sky as backgdrop.

Fascinating how ONE picture can fool so many.....

Yea I was sure it was a speaker reflecting but I figured it had to be a 6" by 9", but I didn't consider the curviture of the glass...Yea it very well could have been a 3.5" distorted by the curve of the windshield. Nice one weedwhacker.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The woman must be pretty dumb if she cannot identify that as her own car's speaker. Either that or she's deceiving us.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Could be an LED "UFO" lying around on the dash.

Lighting arrays can be variable.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

It's been known to happen on more than one occasion. Intentionally and otherwise.

BTW, the woman who took the picture did not submit it or the description.

He downloaded the picture on to his PC and saw the patterns of lights on the object, the trailing disturbance in the clouds and called me up on the phone. He sent the picture to me for my opinion.

[edit on 7/4/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by crowdedskies

I would have thought that if it was a reflection, the driver herself would be the first one to come and apologise to her colleagues for having been duped by her own vehicle accessories. No doubt friends and colleagues would have inspected her car. That to me must eliminate the reflection theory.

It is either a hoax using graphic software or a genuine UFO. It could even be 16 UFOs forming a pattern in the eye of a storm. I'll keep an open mind on this one.

My theory is that the driver herself WAS the first to realise that it was her speaker, and as her and her colleagues all had a good chuckle they uploaded it as a UFO pic. Perhaps they are chuckling at us as they read this thread.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Blender]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join