It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing UFO Over NY

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
The problem with this photo diplayed as a video is that it's already been processed and altered in a multitude of ways before it was presented on youtube. I'd rather see the untouched original and the photos surrounding the shot they fooled around with. Until then I'd say it was a reflection from something in the car or there would have been more than one photo to work with.

I know that I'd have set my camera to continuous and I'd have parked and gotten out of the car. (just my not so humble opinion)

Here is another site that has the photo . Hopefully it has the raw data in it.
www.latest-ufo-sightings.net...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Why has the object much less motion blur then the rest of the picture? Was it 55 miles fast?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

The fact that (if it is a reflection) its lit up with LED's makes it visible.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
if it's a reflection then why in the bottom picture do all the"lights" seem to have shifted down and slightly to the left hence the double exposure. Surely a double reflection would be slightly skewed to the original and not have, proportionally, the same distance between each seeming movement of the lights?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

I have seen that doubled up effect in reflections on car windows on many occasions. Think thats something to do with it being thicker, curved glass. (I could be wrong, i'm not a glass expert, lol. But I have seen the effect before though.)

[edit on 4/7/10 by woogleuk]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well for tose who think it is a speaker reflection guess again. This is how it can't be a reflection on the back glass of a speaker and this is from the mufon report.

Amazing UFO Over NY

2010-06-29 Picture taken by cell while driving Jeep at 55 MPH NY, US

So now if you have ever owned a jeep then you know that a jeep doesn't have a back glass as most vehicles and even if it has a hard top you still would not get a reflection at that angle. Also jeeps do have a speaker that is in a place to show that type of reflection. Even if it did have a speaker that would reflect you cannot get it to that angle. Actually how would you get a reflection like that when it is overcast and rainy. This will give you something to think about.

Sorry it was the front glass my mistake. No dash speakers that big in a jeep dashboard.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

The image can be found on the MUFON site.
mufoncms.com...

The EXIF data has been removed.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Well it isn't in a car it is a jeep and no jeep I have seen have a curved back glass. In fact they are all straight.
Sorry I see it was out of the front glass, but it doesn't matter no jeep has a front speaker you can see.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Plausible ,.. but a 6 by 9 speaker is not going to fit in the front of the car.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
If the story is legitimate, Im certain it's no smudge. People don't see a smudge on the window and take a pic of, "a hole in the clouds", right?

It's not the type of pic taken of random events until they get home and wonder "what's that thing I didn't notice?"

...and I wonder if it's a stretch to support the speaker angle by placing some really cool, rare, lit up speakers in a woman's jeep?

If it is a reflection, then the entire story is false too...deliberately -not a mistake...

They all aren't "hoaxes", some are honest mis-identification...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Maybe it isn't a speaker, it could be anything, but whatever it is, i'm sticking to my verdict that its inside the car / jeep / 4 wheeled vehicle with doors and steering wheel.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

There is more than one model of Jeep. The Jeep Grand Cherokee, Compass and Patriot all have front dash speakers.

Also, here's some speakers for you guys if you want to fake your own ufo through the windshield of your car.

www.sondpex.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

This speaker looks a lot like the object in the video.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by minute2midnight

It may not be rocket science ,but I used my common sense and after a little looking around guess what it is not a speaker reflection so please before telling someone to use common sense maybe you should practice what you preach.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by minute2midnight
Reflection of one of the the cars speakers off the window. This isn't rocket science, just common sense.

[edit on 7/4/2010 by minute2midnight]

Reflection of car speakers? Are you sure about that??????

Doesnt look like it to me.... if this isn't some hoax then i'd say it's definately something else.... something i've never seen before and it's definately above the raindrops so cant be on the windscreen....

Mind you, after seeing those led light speakers it could be.... i'm not saying it is reflection of a speaker though.... just that it's possible...

we need someone with a Jeep and those speaker types to try and get a photo of their car and speakers, windshield at evening time....

[edit on 4-7-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Here's a little experiment you can do. Put a piece of tape on a mirror. Look at yourself in the mirror. Is your face "above" the tape?

[edit on 7/4/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare

This speaker looks a lot like the object in the video.

Only they are round and this is elliptical and has a completely different configuration of screws and LEDS. Believe it or not, the vast majority of people are aware of what a speaker looks like.

As for the reflection outside the window raindrops someone posted. Well duh.... if you take a picture from outside of the car of someone gurring inside the car the reflection of the person outside are going to be different. That's not the same as this pic at all.

If the EXIF data has been removed, I'm thinking this is a clever hoax.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Here's a little experiment you can do. Put a piece of tape on a mirror. Look at yourself in the mirror. Is your face "above" the tape?

[edit on 7/4/2010 by Phage]

Mirrors and glass are not the same and glass without the silvering does not produce the same *depth* effect. Shame on you Phage thought you would have known that.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Can we just use our heads here?

If it is a speaker, where is the cage that surrounds it?

If it is just the speaker minus the cage, why would you put holes in the cone itself? That is sure to affect the sound output, the factory that made the speaker don't put holes in the cones.

If it is the speaker underneath the plastic dash piece, there is obviously not enough "holes" to let the sound reverberate properly, and furthermore, the plastic covers for dashes are snap in type. there usually are no screws to hold it in.

I am stumped as to what it is.......

I found this pic.: www.arizonasportscenter.com...

It's close but not close enough..........

[edit on 4-7-2010 by tbonethedstroyer]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Ok then answer me this where would it be in a jeep? A jeep has its speakers in the door or in the dash located next to the steering column. If there is a speaker on the top of the dash trust me it isn't gonna be one that big.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join