It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing UFO Over NY

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by docjohnson9
Hahaha... Reflection of a car speaker, i doubt it.
If it is what you say it is, then why is there no reflection of anything else in the window?

simple, it's a dark colored dash and there is nothing
but the LED Lighted speaker up there.

The outline of the object in the image makes it look
like there is a UFO border around the object.
Actually it is the light reflecting off the woofer
outward to the oval border of the speaker just like
if you were shining a flashlight standing in a foxhole.
The light would resonate outward up to the edges
of the foxhole and the outside ground around it
would still be dark.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

As an auto mechanic I've installed more than my share of speakers, both eliptical and round. I saw the bolt holes right away. I've also seen my share of speakers laying about in cars that were never properly installed, on the dash, the seat, the floor, taped to doors, and even mounted on steering wheels
). That, my good sir, is a speaker.

Edit to add: I could have been on my way to the hospital to deliver a baby and would STILL have stopped to get more photographs! Proof of UFOs versus job... no contest for me!

[edit on 4/7/2010 by SeenMyShare]

My money is on this too.

I thought car modding originated in the US? All these people stating it can't be a speaker because its a jeep really have to learn that things objects people and yes cars change with time.

Where's the motion blur experienced elsewhere in the photo?

To those that say 'If it's a speaker why are only parts of it visible'. Perhaps, just perhaps this could be down to something called reflectivity. Certain parts of its structure are more reflective than others. The LEDs if that's what they are need not be switched on at all and could merely be reflecting natural light.

The rain may appear to be in front of the UWO (unidentified windshield object) but they may just be because it is transparent. Someone should do some analysis of the grey colour within the structure of the UWO with that of the surrounding cloud. surely someone with the expertise can coax out some cloud structure within it and therefore prove it's transparency.

I am not suggesting that the following is the case here but I think it's worthwhile mentioning nevertheless. Every year at one of the festivals I go to the stewards INSIST on slapping a vehicle pass on the outside of my windscreen (windshield). After three days of sun and rain whilst later at home I try all sorts of chemical and labourous methods to remove said sticker. Eventually the traces of glue/gum resideue become invisible to the naked eye and i sit back satisified with a job done. However the 'ghost' of these car passes always rears their head in the rain. NO MATTER WHAT I cannot get rid of them completely. Instead i have a circular transparent pattern that grows in complexity every August.

It woud be very easy to create a sticker in the shape of a spacecraft slap it on the outside of a windscreen for a few days, peel it off and wait for a rainstorm with camera phone in hand.

There really isn't anything about these pics that suggest spacecraft. It's most likely a reflection as many have pointed out and Phage has clearly demonstrated

[edit on 4-7-2010 by spookfish]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

Not if the "object" is in fact at the height of the clouds. If it is hundreds of feet in the air 55 mph wouldn't make much difference. You can get the same effect by taking a picture of a plane from a moving vehicle.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Suction cup mark from the machine that installs the glass at the factory? I have 2 on mine

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I think I have this figured out.

After analyzing the angle of the shot... it's clearly a reflection of a cup of liquid (probably coffee or soda), and looking at the sky, you can also see the reflection of a hand grasping the cup along with parts of the arm. As for the lights, ripple effect caught when a cup of liquid is touched or bass-like sensation hits the cup.

Perhaps I'm wrong. But... that's just my opinion. Keep in mind... that I would LOVE for this to be a real pic of a UFO, but something about the pic seems off...

For instance, pixelation at the top of the pictures, all of them, while the object to the left of the pic sticking out of the glass... has 0 Pixelation.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rat fink

Looks to me too be a car phone holder suction pad. The suction pad on the bottom has tiny holes on the bottom in similar style.

When the phone holder is taken off some moisture could have gotten into the tiny holes causing water vapour. As it looks it had just rained. I am sure the driver had some heating on to stop the windows fogging up.

Similar styled Suction pad - The holes on the bottom vary loads.

More suction pads...

[edit on 4-7-2010 by StealthKix]

[edit on 4-7-2010 by StealthKix]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthKix

Excellent examination, but I still think it's a reflection of a cup in a cupholder. The pic is taken from the passenger side looking at the clouds. Try it in your car, you can usually see it, depending on the lighting.

On a sunnyday, not usually because the light is practically entering the car from all angles.

The lights? Possibly CG, considering how much they stick out....

ofcourse... my opinion.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthKix

That's another credible explaination for this. We seem to be drowning in them.

Why o why are so many members quick and eager jump on these flimsy pieces of evidence as proof without any sort of use of their own little grey cells. It's a shame but the ATS motto no longer fits the ATS membership.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
Sorry but to me this looks like some strange marks on her window screen and maybe some condensation. Not a UFO

Indeed. The allegedly disc is aligned exactly with the win shield angle and not with the ground plane.

So unless this ufo was diving into NY it is a oil spot or something on the win shield of the car.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Not a UFO.

I have worked with Digital Art & 3D Modelling using reflection/refraction to create light so I have a rough idea of how light behaves on different surfaces.

The object: whatever it is, is being reflected on the windscreen as it's following the curvature of the glass.

Secondly the image scale and perspective are not proportionate for an object that is supposed to be at/in the cloud above.

I would have to make an educated guess and say it was an reflection of an object in the car that the driver mistook for something else, on her way to work (Which would explain why the driver didn't stop) and later it was either photoshop'd to seem more dramatic or a genuinely not seen until after the image was put onto a PC.

My question would be: "What kind of phone do you have, does the camera have an LED flash/light built-in and did this come on during the shot?"

This would explain the led lights and the source of the image as well as why the image is appearing the way it is. Rain water will refract light causing the spot to become distorted but I do not see any distortion which suggests this was an in-car reflection (I have had similar experiences, stuff reflecting on my windscreen, only for me to later realize it was something in the car).

That's my opinion..

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I believe the object in question is coming from inside the vehicle.

Most likely from an after market accessory,

list of after market vehicle accessories with L.E.D. lights,

speakers

shift knob

cup holder

cell phone charger

clock

navigational system

compass

gauges

ashtray

vent dressing

climate control knobs

audio system knobs

That's just a small list off the top of my head, when I have some time later I will run through the list and try and find something that matches the pattern seen on the window.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The "UFO" is completely transparent, you can see the clouds through it. It's obviously a reflection of something, we just need to identify what. Something with 16 lights (therefore obviously not a watch or a clock).

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
As for UFO's in general... I think there are genuine unidentified crafts in space or outside of the air domain of this earth but the majority are man made and of earthly origin.

I have taken a look at a variety of UFO photos/images dating back from the 50's and I have noticed the appearance has changed over time - much in the same fashion as car designs changed over time.

Early UFO's had that 50's look to them in comparison to modern shots of UFO's...that shouldn't happen, i.e. our earthly design should not be apparent in these crafts if they are not man made (or influenced by man).

Personally I believe the myth was created by the USA, USSR and other parties to create an elaborate cover for their research into the technology (earth or alien origin).

Sending the public on wild goose chases over the years, creating the perfect cover so they could test their technology in relatively public scenarios without having the explain themselves.

Explains a lot of things imo, alien abductions seem to always remind me of my experience on the dental chair... maybe that is not too far from the truth...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I think it stands out 2 much for a dull day and the lights should be gleeming. Also the edge of the disk looks like it has been blended with the clouds. So a photoshop in my eyes

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I wish there was a way to negatively flag a thread. This is ridiculous. It's obvious what it is and that's a reflection of something from the dash.

I don't have to prove it, the picture is the proof. People just need to start thinking rationally and not jump up at every UFO picture and yell omg it's real!

Look at it first, analyze it, it's not rocket science.

And why didn't she see it? well because she suffered from peripheral blindness. Basically it means that the reflection was always there, she was just focused on something else while taking the pic and just simply didn't see it til the photo was re examined.

whoever argues this is real is just being stubborn.

link   

Originally posted by old_god
As for UFO's in general... I think there are genuine unidentified crafts in space or outside of the air domain of this earth but the majority are man made and of earthly origin.

I have taken a look at a variety of UFO photos/images dating back from the 50's and I have noticed the appearance has changed over time - much in the same fashion as car designs changed over time.

Early UFO's had that 50's look to them in comparison to modern shots of UFO's...that shouldn't happen, i.e. our earthly design should not be apparent in these crafts if they are not man made (or influenced by man).

Or maybe our technology is designed on theirs?

[edit on 4-7-2010 by FOXMULDER147]

link   
What about this thingy:
www.diytrade.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Some nice replies here to explain things.... and quickly too! Good job people. I still think it LOOKS cool.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I actually live in new york, and firecrackers have been going off for the last month. People usually do that, to let everyone know who has what and were the shows will be in the neighborhoods.

I think that is just a fire cracker.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by BiGGz]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Look at the objects along the street. They all glare because of the moving vehicle. But the ufo does not have those in the and seems to be captured in perfect motion wich is really reall hard

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join