It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has 9/11 truth had its day ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
After nearly 9 years there seems to be nothing but feeble re-gurgitated material and fewer and fewer posters are supporting it. Is it time for truthers to move on to more productive pastures ?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
9/11 truth is still waiting for the day when they are proven wrong. It hasn't come yet.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1
After nearly 9 years there seems to be nothing but feeble re-gurgitated material and fewer and fewer posters are supporting it. Is it time for truthers to move on to more productive pastures ?

They SHOULD move on, but it'll never happen to those that are left.

1- the passengers on fl 93 figured out what was happening in minutes. Truthers STILL haven't got it figured out.

2-truthers have presented what they consider to be smoking gun after smokiing gun. And yet nothing has happened. This STILL doesn't affect them in the least.

3-truthers are debunking each other, proving that none of them are right. this STILL has zero effect on them.

Ad infinitum.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
9/11 truth is still waiting for the day when they are proven wrong. It hasn't come yet.

Every point any truther has brought up HAS been proven wrong.

Debunking doesn't require that the lunatic that proposes a "question" about 9/11 admit that his question has been answered and proven to be a non issue.

If you think that it does, then you're sadly mistaken.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The US government is keeping their lips tight, and hold foot with official 9/11 report.

What do think truthers should do? They have already peacefully demonstrated lots and lots of times, is there anything else they can do? While getting almost NO mainstream coverage at all, politically they can do zero to nothing.

It's them against the government, the government will win.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joey Canoli

Wow you really do make some wild claims.

I've been proving you wrong post after post lol, you have been shown to misunderstand the physics over and over...

Maybe YOU should move on? Why are you here if there is nothing to the truth movement? Why is your interest in defending the OS so strong if it's all been proven already? You seem to live in this forum, ready to type your opinion to every 9-11 thread, you must lead an exiting life.

What's the path of least resistance Joey? lol...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Like NIST admitting freefall speed of Building 7, "proving" what Truthers were saying all along. lol

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Congratulations to the OP for starting a well thought out concise two sentence post. This type of earth shattering, cutting edge and thoughtful material is why we all visit ATS and is not exactly unexpected from an amateur debunker.

"What's the path of least resistance"

Through the space between some people's ears. Not only is there no resistance at that location, there is nothing at that location.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cLOUDDEAD

Like NIST admitting freefall speed of Building 7, "proving" what Truthers were saying all along. lol

They never said it didn't.

What has this done to get you a new investigation again?

Nothing, right?

Like I said, this is a smoking gun to you, and yet, nothing comes of it, proving you wrong.

This has zero effect on you though.

Very sad.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

9/11 Truth stopped existing in the public eye once Loose Change 2nd Ed had peaked. Hell, that film was even the reason 9/11 Truth came to my attention in the first place, since Virgin Atlantic Airways apparently wanted to show it onboard their aircraft, and I was (and still am) active on a aviation-related website where that decision was quite fiercely admonished.

Apart from the odd airing on various smaller TV stations, and the odd time when they get some minor publicity (BBC Conspiracy Files, WTC7 report release), 9/11 Truth exists entirely on the internet. They have had 0 impact on the real world. Hell, even the JFK conspiracies managed to bring on a second (and third, I think?) investigation. 9/11 Truth? Not so much.

There has been no new theories forthcoming since what, 2007? when Therm*te suddenly became all the rage. Ever since, it has been the same old arguments that has been trotted out over and over and over and over again.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Joey Canoli

I disagree about "truthers" debunking each other, proving none are right. It is quite true that there are multiple theories, including the official one. But saying that because people cannot determine which is right means they are all wrong, is a false argument. We cannot determine things about the universe's beginnings and scientists are divided on it, but that does not mean they should stop looking. The biggest problem in my view is lumping all skeptics regarding 9/11 into the same group. I do not know what happened on 9/11, however I do know that the government lied and is lying about it. I do not subscribe to foolish arguments like energy weapons and holograms though. I honestly believe those that spout this nonsense are fake "truthers." No one could possibly believe that crap.

Everyone, "truther" or not, should desire the truth about what happened that terrible day. If we stop demanding answers, the government has won.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by roboe

I credit Loose Change for getting people thinking about 9/11, but that is the extent of its value.

What I cannot understand is why "truthers" don't see that the most obvious truth could be the right one: the government knew and let it happen. It's pretty darn simple. Even though I suppose I could be called a truther, I have no desire to engage with others under that label, because some of the arguments are silly beyond belief.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by roboe

What I cannot understand is why "truthers" don't see that the most obvious truth could be the right one: the government knew and let it happen. It's pretty darn simple.

It's certainly simple, but the reason many researchers don't consider this to be so 'obvious' is because the evidence simply doesn't support it. For example, the evidence of the event at the Pentagon and the nature of the collapse of the twin towers seem to prove, almost without doubt, an involvement that goes far beyond merely allowing it to happen.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
9/11 "Truth" is just a facet of the paranoid style in US politics. As such it exhibits all the traits of the paranoid approach: millenarianism, hubris, junk science, egocentrism.

It won't go away, because it fulfils a basic need in a small subsection of people for Jungian narrative clarity, and it makes some feel safer and in a sense initiated, and therefore superior. It has particular resonance in America where trust in the type of capitalism that the government employs, and in the government itself, is at a particular low.

Like all these strains of utopian thinking it'll wax and wane. A national emergency, for example, would see it shrink radically.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade
As such it exhibits all the traits of the paranoid approach: millenarianism, hubris, junk science, egocentrism.

It won't go away, because it fulfils a basic need in a small subsection of people for Jungian narrative clarity, and it makes some feel safer and in a sense initiated, and therefore superior.

One could say exactly the same about the official narrative!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Debunking doesn't require that the lunatic that proposes a "question" about 9/11 admit that his question has been answered and proven to be a non issue.

If you think that it does, then you're sadly mistaken.

LOL

I haven't read any point that is proven wrong. I have seen more and more Mainstream slowly supporting 9/11 truthers. mainstream still doesn't believe though it was an inside job sadly.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
Even though I suppose I could be called a truther, I have no desire to engage with others under that label, because some of the arguments are silly beyond belief.

Dude. Me and you will get along very well. But don't underestimate Joey and folks (no offense you guys). If it wasn't for them, we would be talking to the choir and thinking the world was flat We owe the "debunkers" a world of gratitude here. Without them, we would be stagnant in our thinking.

So, I welcome and cherrise all the debunkers here. Without them, we would be still talking about pods.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by winston_jones
For example, the evidence of the event at the Pentagon and the nature of the collapse of the twin towers seem to prove, almost without doubt, an involvement that goes far beyond merely allowing it to happen.

Care to take that further? I really haven't seen enough evidence to support this theory.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I thought "Popular Mechanics" did a great job shutting this nonsense down.

Every outrageous claim has been thoroughly debunked.

Pretty much a bygone fad nowadays.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

I thought "Popular Mechanics" did a great job shutting this nonsense down.

Every outrageous claim has been thoroughly debunked.

Really, this is what I would expect from OS believers. Boy you people are so easy to fool. "Popular Mechanics" was debunked by sciences a long time ago.

Pretty much a bygone fad nowadays.

Yes, to the OS believers. However, that is your opinion and as long as everyone is supporting “opinions” as credible facts, here is mine.
911 will never go way, as some would like it to, it will always be discussed all over the world for many decades. The reason it will because most open minded people know the US government lied and cover up their crime, ( a false flag operation) and blamed it on a foreign enemy that are not even capable of following instructions in learning how to fly a Cessna 172, much less even figuring out the instruments in cockpit of a Boeing 757/767.

Many people will never know the truth to 911 because they do not want to know.
Many people will never know the truth to 911 because they know they cannot handle the truth.
Many people will never know the truth to 911 because they are ignorant and only listen to what is being told to them by television and nothing else.

Many people will never know the truth to 911 because they are too patriotic and blind.
Many people will never know the truth to 911 because they cannot think logically for themselves.

Has the Truth movement had its day? Some have, but not all. Decades from now when most of us are dead and gone the Bush and Cheney records will be open for the world to see, by then it will be acknowledged that 911 was an in side job ( a false flag operation.)

[edit on 4-7-2010 by impressme]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join