It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all those with siginificnt others, that dont understand.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
You people that break up with your significant others for the reason of them disagreeing with your opinions on the NWO, TPTB or any other conspiracy theory, really disgust me

My girlfriend doesnt agree with half the stuff I say, or think, conspiracy or other topic, and I dont agree with some of her opinions, but we work great. Just because someone doesnt agree with your opinion, or doesnt want to hear it does not make them a horrible match as a partner.

ATS is a place that you can freely vent or put forward your ideas and thoughts, with like minded people. Have you ever thought of anyone elses opinions on such subjects? Maybe they are not interested, hence, thats why ATS is here.

Really, anyone that dumps there partner for the above reason, is selfish IMO, and should really take a step back and look at themselves. When you start using a persons opinion on conspiracy theories as a point for pursuing a relationship, then i think you have some major issues.

Said it perfectly Oz. That's what a relationship is guys, give and take - you aren't supposed to agree on everything! My partner probably thinks i'm a weirdo with some of the crap i spurt out that i've read on here, but he will listen, but he doesn't have to agree, just like i don't agree with some of the crap that he comes up with. Thats what i love about it. Theres debate, there's learning new things - otherwise how stale would it get!

Although, if you are with someone that puts you down for your opinions, then by all means, it's probably not the relationship for you, but to dismiss someone who means something to you because they don't agree with you, is stupid if you ask me. Trust me, you don't want to be with someone who shares all your views, that's more frustrating!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigami
reply to post by dreamwalker74

Interesting you bring this up. I just finished posting in another thread very similar to this. I recently broke up with my girlfriend of 3 years for this very reason. I'd have these long, informative talks with her, and as soon as i'm done, she goes right back into the world of makeup, hair, cute clothes, and TV. Then i'm the A*hole when I point that out. I got to the point I just couldn't take it anymore. I need someone who not just listens, but acts, and joins me in the research and reading of meaningful subjects, not reality TV and clothes. Everything went in one ear and out the other with this girl. Nothing I talked about had any real meaning to her, and I became bitter around her. Finally, I had to end it because I began to feel alone and bitter, and it did hurt because I genuinely loved her for who she was deep down. But ultimately, I would've gone insane if I would have stayed with her.
You do know that a woman can LOVE makeup, as I do, it is my passion, and still be proactive in the world? Women can actually do the multilove thing, I always thought men could too?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

First off, trading a happy relationship for a conspiracy theory is just stupid. And I don't say that often.

Second off, you have to respect that your partner has her own beliefs and ideas, and she is welcome to them. If she doesn't buy into yours, that is the way it is. Your not going to see eye to eye on everything. A relationship would be boring if you did.

If you want to force your ideas on someone, even your SO, or even leave them because of differences, you are no better then the "man" trying to control people.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

"Moreover Azayel (a fallen angel) taught men to make swords, knives, shields, breastplates, the fabrications of mirrors, and the workmanship of bracelets and ornaments, the use of paint, the beautifying of the eyebrow, the use of stones of every valuable and select kind, and of all sorts of dyes, so that the world became altered." from The Book of Enoch the Prohet, Chapter XII

With all due respect, a vain idea such as makeup should never be considered a passion for anyone. This goes for men and woman, and I feel it is this vanity, the super-ego in men and women that is distracting the world. Even the brilliant C.G. Jung speaks about this. Its pure vanity. I am ALL about the "multi-love" idea you speak of, believe me. But love for makeup, or clothes, and to call it a passion? Thats purely materialistic and vain. Again, I mean no disrespect to you, in fact, I truley love your threads!

And with the above passage, its no wonder the church withheld the Book of Enoch!

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Enigami]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi

At the end of the day, truly do not believe anything. Its beliefs that set us apart.

I'm 17, she 18, we love each other more than anything, and its the love, not our similarities, that bring us together.

Well, you probably a bit young to have had a long term relationship
However, your comments on belief I agree with, but not necessarily as they pertain to a relationship.

Beliefs are a hindrance to using your mind - but you can still have convictions.

For the OP:

I would suggest you talk to her seriously about it - that these are core values for you, and that her reluctance to discuss them is going to keep separating you.

She doesn't need to agree with you, but if you are going to be happy she needs to acknowledge and support you. If she doesn't - then it is probably going to keep driving you apart.

If she wants to maintain a good relationship with you, she will be willing to have a look at some information. I think anyone presented with some of the quality info on 911 or banking (Money is debt etc) will start to come around and say there is at least something valid in your thoughts.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Amagnon]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Hmmm...

I find that if I had been talking conspiracies 10 years ago... most people probably would have shut me out completely.

I notice that now-a-days, while people probably won't totally agree or believe my conspiracy talk, they most certainly listen...

I'm still pretty young, and my generation has grown up in the post 9/11 world where we trust the stuff we read online more than the stuff that MSM pumps out- not really because they think its controlled or biased, but that the internet has really become the main media/entertainment source for all my peers.

I was dating someone until recently, and she was definitely open to conspiracies... and while we did talk a bit about them and watched a video or two, conspiracies definitely weren't a hot topic between us.

When it comes down to relationships, I think it is essential for each significant other to totally respect the beliefs and passions of the other- I think that is one of the most important aspects of a relationship, and mine ended because of it actually.

Conspiracies are definitely a hot topic among my peers... but I do seem to be the only one who doesn't just skim the surface of the very deep well...

[edit on 3/7/1010 by Monts]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust

You people that break up with your significant others for the reason of them disagreeing with your opinions on the NWO, TPTB or any other conspiracy theory, really disgust me

Well, my GF doesn't have much interest - but she does listen occasionally, and I listen to her when she tries to tell me about her newest phone and stuff - though I must say a phone to me is for calling people (though I can see some use in having google in your pocket).

On the other hand, if she didn't spend some energy on listening to me, and treated what I said as a joke, irrelevant or crazy - then I think there wouldn't be much of a relationship - would there?

Acknowledging and supporting each other is what a relationship is about - not necessarily having the same views.

She does PR work, like a showroom model kind of thing (her pic in my avatar). The whole 'marketing for a corporation' thing is anathema for me - but I am happy for her, and fully support it because its what she likes. Doesn't stop me lecturing her about the evil corporations though

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Amagnon]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
My husband and I have been married for nearly 31 years. I have never been your average every day type of woman and he knew that before we were married. I have always been open minded and into the paranormal, UFO's, conspiracies etc. I think we appreciate each others differences. We are able to share our insights, thoughts and beliefs. Sometimes I change his mind with a different perspective, sometimes he changes mine.

A good relationship is based on trust and love, on nurturing each other and respecting each other, being there for each other through the good times and the bad and everything in between. Though my husband and I are alike in some ways, we are very diferent in others, and you know what? That's ok.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I think with something as deep as the concept of a NWO, the gravity of it just shuts people down. The implications and logistics are so deep and "out there", they just don't "get it". It's not like it's a choice but much like I get when somebody starts talking to me about wine. I wouldn't know fine wine from a bottle of Boone's Farm so when they start talking about "bouquet" and all that other crap, I just get a deer-in-the-headlights look. Or if somebody walked up to me and started talking about nuclear fission using all the scientific jargon...I would probably nod and say "that's nice" and proceed to shut down.

Again, the whole NWO thing is so far-reaching, with so many facets...it is really the most elaborate scheme we have ever seen, with players from everything from the Freemasons to the Bilderberg group with individuals from the Clintons to Henry Kissinger.

Those of us who "get it" have spent hours and hours researching, studying, listening and keeping an open mind. We can't expect somebody to gain interest with merely the mention of it. They need to be spoon fed little tidbits that they can digest until they start to put the pieces together themselves.

Keep in mind, this is just my interpretation. I also believe other factors come into play, like conditioning and mind control, but that's another discussion.

General

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Thank you for your post. Yes, you better believe, men have "multi-loves" Cars, sports, women ect.. You are already on this post, so obvioulsy you are a thinking person. I hope you discuss what you read here with your significant other, and I hope that they give you feedback one way or another. As far as Loving makeup, I am male so can't understand, but from your picture I doubt you need it.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

"Keep in mind, this is just my interpretation. I also believe other factors come into play, like conditioning and mind control, but that's another discussion."

Acutally this is the discussion we should be having. What percentage of the population are willing to look at conspiracy theories, Major world events, or for that matter just the basic news. I honestly believe the people on this sight are an extremely small minority of the people in the world as a whole. I would love to hear all your thoughts on this issue, because I definitely have my own.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

It doesn't even need to get as deep as the NWO (though it should). Just even the basics, world events, whether the governments of the world are honest or not. Come on, just the most basic stuff. Our partners should at least keep an open mind.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Evoke fear, be dominating, be dismissive, be disgusted, then follow it up with a display of lack of logic skills.

If why this isn't a winning combination in a relationship with a woman isn't clear to you, you have deeper problems.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

"Evoke fear, be dominating, be dismissive, be disgusted, then follow it up with a display of lack of logic skills"

Wow, tough times in relationships huh? Maybe just discussing the want and ability to listen and have a true conversation? Thats ok, no reply necessary, I know you're a little wound up.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I am an attractive intelligent happily married woman with a good job and lovely children. I'm the woman you apparently can't get.

So my "wound up" opinion is probably exactly the sort of spanking you need to put you on track. Pay attention sparky. I just explained to you what you are doing wrong.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Attractive is in the eye of the beholder. Intelligence on the other hand, is obvious to the whole. Judgemental, is not intelligent, condemning is not intelligent. I am not a child, and very likely older than you. You have likely spent your life attacking people without attempting to understand the point they have tried to make. I have known many people like you. You judge and judge, without ever looking at yourself. I wonder in your actual life, how many people take your advise to heart, or roll their eyes behind your back. You attempt to be an intellectual snob, but don't quite hold up to the standards of your preffered group. Thank you for the attack though. You have enlightened this post with the fact that some people are simply incapable of listening, comprehending, and having an intelligent conversation regarding the subject.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Yep - I judge you. Actions and outcomes speak to one's successes. I have what you want. You hold to what you're doing and cast blame on people from keeping it from you.

Your actions contribute to you not getting what you want. What you are doing fails.

If you change the actors, the environment, the circumstances, and yet your outcomes remain the same there is still one factor that is common to it all- You.

Judgement is the application of one's mind to reveal important distinctions and make useful decisions based on them. Judgement is what all the gooey stuff inside your head is for. You should use it.

[edit on 2010/7/5 by Aeons]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Thanks for this! My husband knows not to talk about cars with me, and I know not to discuss much on ATS with him!

He doesn't like to go with me when I go shoe or makeup shopping, and I don't like to go with him when he's buying fishing gear!

It's important for people to have their own things to do, that aren't always the same!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I think you may be confusing discernment with judgment. People don't have to judge others to effectively use their mind in an intelligent way.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
People always want to act like "judging" someone is mean.

It can be. It often is not. Judgement is shunned in modern society because people have latent trauma related to cultural-religious shame.

Interestingly, this person *IS* judging others - harshly and passionately - while failing to entertain that they are not passive victims in their circumstances. Further, they then also cry when judgement is leveled at them.

from dictionary.com
"the ability to judge, make a decision, or form an opinion objectively, authoritatively, and wisely, esp. in matters affecting action; good sense; discretion: a man of sound judgment.

The act or process of judging; the formation of an opinion after consideration or deliberation.

The mental ability to perceive and distinguish relationships; discernment: Fatigue may affect a pilot's judgment of distances.

The capacity to form an opinion by distinguishing and evaluating: His judgment of fine music is impeccable.

The capacity to assess situations or circumstances and draw sound conclusions; good sense: She showed good judgment in saving her money. See Synonyms at reason.

A determination of a court of law; a judicial decision.

A court act creating or affirming an obligation, such as a debt.

A writ in witness of such an act.

An opinion or estimate formed after consideration or deliberation, especially a formal or authoritative decision: awaited the judgment of the umpire. "

Judgement is an excellent and necessary thing. It is the primary use of higher thinking. Everyone should strive for it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join