It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all those with siginificnt others, that dont understand.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I think it is very important that if you are a follower of conspiracy theories, that the person that is closest to you, is at least willing to listen. When it comes to letigimate world events, that can effect the safety of both of you, I believe it is truly important for both of you to get on the same page immediately!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
You people that break up with your significant others for the reason of them disagreeing with your opinions on the NWO, TPTB or any other conspiracy theory, really disgust me

My girlfriend doesnt agree with half the stuff I say, or think, conspiracy or other topic, and I dont agree with some of her opinions, but we work great. Just because someone doesnt agree with your opinion, or doesnt want to hear it does not make them a horrible match as a partner.

ATS is a place that you can freely vent or put forward your ideas and thoughts, with like minded people. Have you ever thought of anyone elses opinions on such subjects? Maybe they are not interested, hence, thats why ATS is here.

Really, anyone that dumps there partner for the above reason, is selfish IMO, and should really take a step back and look at themselves. When you start using a persons opinion on conspiracy theories as a point for pursuing a relationship, then i think you have some major issues.

no kidding, who is talking about conspiracy theories? i'm really versed in conpiracy theories, but you can't just bring them up to someone who doesn't understand them or want to know about them. they tend to be either too shocking or ridiculous.

i'm talking about my disenchantment to this mainstream political game that is played here in america. a huge machiavelian joke, with nobodies best interests at stake. follow the money and paper trail, and there is the truth, no conspiracies. the whole federal reserve and banking family thing aren't conspiracy theories, those are cold hard realities and facts.

when you see through an article, or a news bit on TV, and see what they are really trying to do with it, and it is transparent to a person who understands these things and how they operate, that's when i would speak up, and i don't care who hears me. that knowledge empowers you to see through all the lies in newspapers and on TV. if anything, i did not want my significant other to just believe everything on face value.

i've never broken up with someone cause i can't talk to them about conspiracy theories, but it's just a cool perk when you are with someone that you can share and pursue an interest as a team, or at the very LEAST can pair with someone who sees things as they really are, a big show and scam in the media.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

Once again thank you, The motto of ATS is "deny ignorance", I don't think I could ever be with, anybody else in the future who did not hold this motto to heart.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I consider my relationship one of commitment, love and mutual respect.

We consider ourselves soul mates but realize we need our own space.

He enjoys rummaging through what I call junk. With this junk he makes many beautiful yard art.

He is also an eBay nut and I care nothing about his junk or eBay.

This is only a few of our differences. He does his thing and I do mine.

He is in the VFW and I don't like to attend meetings with him so I don't.

I am a member of a political group he doesn't care for but I am very involved with it and even go to out of town meetings. He stays home and works with his junk.

We are very happy and have many other interest that we share.

We do share some of the things I'm into and I look at the jewels he has made with his treasures.

We share many other hobbies together.

You really don't need to be in each others business to have a successful and very happy relationship.

Oh my goodness, he was looking over my shoulder and said it is not junk he collects. It is his treasures.

Gosh I do love that man and he loves me even though we are very different.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

My wife used to put her hands over her ears and say, "I don't want to hear it!" lol

I persisted and she now listens and is even interested and wants to know what is happening, at least, as much as any of us can actually know, truly, what is happening.

Next up is getting her to read some posts on ATS. Naw. I love her too much to put her through some of this crap.

But she pays much more attention to current affairs and also enjoys watching documentaries with me that help us connect some dots, or at least we believe we are connecting dots.

You know what? I think she is actually happier now, not living in the dead world of the MSM BS, and now understands why her intuition caused her to know "things are wrong" and now she can at least see, that her intution was based upon things that she can finally identify and analyze.

It really was quite a horrible experience for her to awaken a bit. Now, she doesn't want to go back to sleep.

Unlike me, though, who is retired and has time to ponder things and analyze things, she still must go to work each day.

However, concerning her not understanding, well, I think she does understand where my art has been heading. She doesn't like it. And she doesn't want to talk about it. She still wishes for everything to be like the sleep time. All peachy and nice flowers and kittens and endless rainbows. I'd like that, too, but it isn't that way at all, is it. And it's reflected in my current works of art. I can understand, though, on the other hand, why she would like me to do the prety flowers and cute things, because it would be a respite for her from what she knows is going on all around her.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Mulder didn't mind.

2nd line

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I think it is very important that if you are a follower of conspiracy theories, that the person that is closest to you, is at least willing to listen. When it comes to letigimate world events, that can effect the safety of both of you, I believe it is truly important for both of you to get on the same page immediately!

Well, it sounds like your revolve your entire life around conspiracy theories. You must understand that the majority of people in the world are not always interested in these types of things.

You should be focusing on other aspects of relationships, rather than someones point of view, or interest in a certain topic. In my experience, people with the same interests usually clash a lot more than people with different interests. Its like certain religious groups, pushing their beliefs on others, its just damn annoying

If she's not interested, that doesnt make her a non compatible partner, she's simply just, as most people will be, different to you. Accept that she wont agree, and if you are concerned about her safety due to some event that will or wont happen, then plan alone, yet for both of you. If she really does love you, then im sure she will take your side if push comes to shove. In the meantime, dont bother her with your interests if she is not interested. It only causes friction

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tadarida
Great thread. Here is the other side of it... I am female, and my boyfriend doesn't buy most of the things I think are going on. Over the past few years though, world events have made him think about things differently. He very occasionally checks ATS or other boards "just entertainment".. he says... but sometimes he will mention something in passing that makes it clear he is looking at things differently.

That said, one of the things I adore about him is that he keeps me grounded and gets my mind off of things that worry me. Whatever he chooses to believe, and whatever I choose to believe are okay with each of us. We are individuals who love each other for who we are.

Nice post.
This somewhat mirrors my own marriage. Frankly, I'd worry some conspiracy was afoot if my significant other suddenly dropped that skeptical view. I'm comfortable with a gradual realization.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

it is very important that if you are a follower of conspiracy theories, that the person that is closest to you, is at least willing to listen

You want to force feed your partner with your beliefs and have her accept these as truths. Most of you do. Your common desire is to dominate.

If you want to leave your partner for not swallowing your opinionated crap, fine. But your behaviors are only gonna make you very lonely.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

There are lots of females here on ats. I'm here almost everyday, but my husband is just doesn't seem to care about conspiracies much anymore. I guess he thinks there is nothing that can be done about them.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Consider getting your girlfriend a few Chomsky books. It's like conspiracy lite, and your girlfriend will benefit from looking at the media, corporations, Israel, the US Empire etc. in a different light.

Everything he writes is well referenced and scholarly to boot. It should be a nice introduction to conspiracy facts, and should open the door for more in-dept discussion.

Just my .02 cents.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
...maybe its not the topic thats boring to the disinterested partner... maybe the yapper isnt as interesting as they think they are... maybe the disinterested partner doesnt enjoy repetition... maybe the yapper should offer to pay the disinterested partner to listen to them rant - but - better think about that one real good because if you dont offer big bucks, that means you know your words are cheap junk...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
In my experience, women for the most part are only concerned with themselves and how they are perceived by those around them. I don't think this is a bad thing. I for one would probably never buy new clothes if there wasn't a woman around to tell me it's time [unfortunately this role is currently vacant]. Maybe I should go to the mall tomorrow. Anyway, maybe it's a good thing to have a wife/gf who isn't at all interested in the larger issues of the world and just enjoy her for who she is and the joy she can bring you.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Thought I'd jump in here, I'm a lurker from Oz, well I'm female but don't have a partner, but I do have several friends who are as interested in stuff as I am. So I'm very lucky.

Must say if I did have a partner he would have to have some interest in what we discuss on here. That's my 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
:
almforehead::

Okay I do realize that many posters on this thread are quite the young pups.. but

Trust me, when you get a little bit more grown up so will the people you choose to date. Give it time boys.. give it time. Honest.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

As long as you have always been honest and sincere with her you could do what I did, it worked too.
I bought roughly $200 of dried foods rice beans salt peas flour corn meal etc.
She then asked me “WHAT THE HELLICOPTER (No I copter btw) ARE YOU THINKING/DOING?!!?
I then explained to her about the price of gold the US dollar going down the toilet and how it ties together and that apparently it’s getting worse. She has always known things about me; this prompted her to be awakened. The state of Kalifornia recently putting state workers at below a slave wage also helped a bunch too.
If you need to hit any man or woman hit them in the wallet, that is the most sacred and what all pay attention to.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Hubby and I disagree on just about everything! I see that as a good thing as it opens up debate (and the occassional heated discussion). It's good to have someone challenge your views and open your mind to alternate ideas. We each have our own realities and are very different. Life would be boring otherwise.

Yes the women who are concerned only for their looks and the latest fads drive me nuts too, as do the men who are only interested in sport and cars. But that's their reality and I only spend limited time with people who have narrow views. Yet they still can be good and loyal friends who can provide a good story or a bit of humour into my life.

You can lead a horse to water........

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

reply to post by ohioriver
[I'm sorry, you're right. We should plan to only talk once a week about significant world events that could in fact effect our lives as of tommorow. I will do my darndest to set it up that way. That way when a nuclear bomb goes off in a local city on a Wednesday, I can tell my girlfriend, "no let's just sit here in the dark, we're not allowed to discuss this till next Tuesday." I'm sorry if that just dripped with sarcasm, but why are you on this site? Are you not interested in what is happening in the here and now, and how it could effect you? Should we just stay quiet about the truly intelligent posts which we read on this site, that will not only effect us but our loved ones as well? You're right. Too much stress. Instead we should practice remembering the theme songs on TV commercials and sing them back to eachother for entertainment. Ignore the world. Ignorance is bliss. I for one want to survive, I want my family and friends to survive, and even if I become a periah am willing to pay attention, attempt to spread what I have learned, and to deny ignorance.

I rest my case.
Tuning out..........

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I forgot. I think you could consider getting her Rule by Secrecy by Jim Marrs. Although not as scholarly as Chomsky, it is well referenced. (Caveat: the references can be very questionable at times)

The book should give her an excellent overview of conspiracy theories and should definitely peek her interest in the subject.

The first Zeitgeist movie could help as well. (again, questionable references at times) The first movie covers the Jesus Myth, the Federal Reserve Scam and 9/11.

[edit on 3/7/10 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I know exactly how you feel and for me I stopped talking to my wife about my more wacko interests until one night she let out a “What the..?” I turned to find us both watching a UFO above our house. Prior to this we had actually separated for a whole year because I had seen some UFO’s doing weird things above our house (8th may 2008 03:00) and she had damned me for it – along with our so called but now cast aside friends.

The night my wife woke up was a ‘doozy’ as it was she who said it was a triangle as the light above our house collapsed and faded to a barely noticeable white light before zipping off toward Edinburgh castle on the horizon. Across the other side of the road two ambulance men loading a patient into the back of an ambulance were looking up with confusion on their faces – brilliant night!

Since then my wife does not shut down but the problem is that I do not talk much but when I do actually start talking then I will go on and on and on as if using my mind and my mouth to write notes. Now she just asks, what do they want, why don’t they just help us, and what am I going to do about it?

Ummm... scratch-head

I advise that you use others here and in your peer group to let off steam and bounce theories and leave your wife (you never said) to wake up in her own time. It will happen at some point if the agendas of the scum really are coming together and I think they are.

Good thread, you are certainly not alone in your thinking.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join