It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracies and women

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by theflyingscudman
If you seem to think that there isn't truth to my claim, just look at chick flicks, the fashion industry, female privilege, daytime talk shows, trashy romance novels, crappy movies like twilight and tell me there isn't a female dominance.

Of course there is a dominance. Throw in a good looking girl anywhere and the ratings go up. Who makes the ratings go up? The men do.

Women attract men more than men attract women.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
ohh where to start, i cannot even begin to imagine how to bring my message to you without you're feeling a need to defend all kinds of things... let's start with a simple thing then, so i avoid confusing you, i do assume you are female.... tell me, do you conform? of course you do, because you cannot help it, you cannot think without having some kind of predefined right-and-wrong to limit your thought-set...why do you think we have avoiding you in any position that matters, for 1000 of years? you are made for defending what is right and wrong (the parts of that, we tell you) bring up the children good, and nothing else...you want more? just ask

Its obvious you have a lot of anger towards women considering your attitude, but your arguments here suck. You are angry at women for conforming and needing a rule set to follow? Men dont conform? Please elaborate.

Men didnt want to have women in deciding positions before because they wanted to keep the power to themselves. It had nothing to do with womens abilities. Have you worked with a female boss in your life? I have, and it was great. Best leader Ive ever had.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Females and Males. They are two different creatures. They both think differently. Like most people are saying, men have the tendency to think more practically, more in depth; whether it be the understanding of the history of war.. and females are not as inclined to learn about such topics because honestly they tend to care less as they find other topics more fascinating. It could be the way the two genders are brought up and treated or even still the different wiring of the brain.

It would be very interesting to see a poll to show the differences in statistics of men and females who use ATS, to get a good understanding of the current circumstances.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by lowercasebecky
they want 'the truth' hidden. maybe girls just believe what is in front of them easier than guys. people dont feel the need to question ANYTHING anymore. and most of the products out there are geared towards females. make-up, clothes, fake hair, fake nails, fake boobs, tv shows about winning life partners. females have waaaay more being thrown in their faces and more to keep their minds occupied with tons of stuff that does matter, but its there anyway because we have no choice. its being forced at us everywhere.
so i have seemed to talk myself into a circle. maybe you guys were right after all haha

Its being forced on you because apparently it works. Corporations doesnt throw money away. Apparently women are buying the stuff.

Its because self-esteem in a lot of women are connected to appearance, so its difficult to say no to these things.

And as can be seen, its starting to target men as well, making them just as dependent on buying stuff to feel good about themselves.

I still smile when I see ads for women saying "Now I have much better self-confidence!" after buying some makeup or whatever, but the smile quickly disappears when I realize men are next.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Nah, sorry. I'll have to let the theflyingscudman hash it out with you.

I have better things that I can do with my time.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

Actually, i was referring to full suffrage rights.(the right to vote and run for office).

So i believe you did not prove your point....and what exactly was your point?.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
My goodness the OP opened a huge can of worms when he/she started this thread.

I think it would be a good idea if there was a little symbol we could add to our avatars to denote who is really a what (gender) on this site. I think most of us would be surprised. I've a feeling it's about 50/50 in this thread alone.

I think too, that most of the replies are correct in a way, even though they contradict the post above theirs. We're all different but we are all the same. Men and women are different but they're the same too. Just because you can get a bunch of giggling girls talking about false nails, hair, or the latest episode of Twilight etc doesn't mean they don't have other thoughts going on in their heads at the same time.

I can be talking to my kids about their latest favourite movie and thinking at the same time. "please God, (or whoever) let my kids and theirs survive this mad world." or "have I prepared them enough? Have they paid attention?" "Will I get them a BOB for Christmas this year?" I'm the mum and the only member of my family (mostly male) who pays attention to what's happened in our world and what I think could happen in the future. I'm not scared, but I don't want tptb to take adantage, take the piss, or bring fear or atrocity to my door. Equally I don't want any of mine to feed tptb, worship at their feet, join up with them, or to not even be aware that THEY'RE there.

Men and women ARE basically the same. THEY THINK AND FEEL. The one major difference is that women are suppressed and have been for thousands of years. They are the underlings of men. It's ingrained. It's probably the unfairest meme to ever exist. We might live in a kind of free society, some of us, but that can change any second. We have to stand up for each other, and enlightened men should already know this and do the same.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I'm reminded of an ex of mine who used to claim with strong conviction how much she loved children because of their pure innocence and dependence and then go buy new pants made in China... She believed herself to be a spiritual, caring being. But she wasn't, she was a nightclubbing consumerist. She not only didn't care one hoot for the people who suffered for her consumerist lifestyle, she didn't even want to know.
Purifying yourself with crystals, loving yourself and feeling a spiritual connection with your immediate surroundings means nothing if your comfortable with somebody being a slave to produce for you to consume. At least to me, so I left. She seemed like a nice girl on the surface... but beneath that surface was just an angry, sick and poisoned person.

I think many people have had disappointments in their dealings with the opposite sex. But of course, not everyone lives their lives with such callousness and if your lucky you find somebody who really does care enough to find out what the reality of this world is.

Not long ago I told my wife about what I knew about some of the factories in China... and she corrected me on some of the details I had wrong. A few years ago, when I found out about the pleasure houses and the sex slaves in Korea and Japan during the wars, she schooled me on the facts.
From the job she was doing when I met her working with home stay students who were falling behind in her home country (she gave them so much of herself), to the way she's so willing and quick to help when somebody has an open problem, she really gets to me (I'm refraining from sounding really cheesy).

So I think you can generalise and say it's fair enough. It might be useful and help you to formulate ways to make a positive difference in the world. But I wouldn't set my expectations of somebody based on that generalisation. I say take each person as they come.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
As a woman, I think it's because women have a working bull$#!tometer and men do not.
We outgrew comic books and sci-fi. We know "The Matrix" is a movie. We know if there really was reptilian invaders in UFO's coming from the planet Nibiru, which we cannot see because the sky is being covered in chemicals sprayed by planes in a visible yet secret operation to control weather, depopulate the masses, dumb-down the one's not killed by the pharmaceuticals and poisons raining down on us from invisible planes and turn those that remain into slaves of a cabal of elites working in conjunction with the invaders.....we know that the likelihood of even a part of that story to be real, someone a lot smarter, more important, and better able to help would not need keyboard warriors to inform the masses.
After all, how likely is it that someone "exposing the truth" about a conspiracy would be allowed to post on a worldwide public forum?
And yes, there are people who believe many parts of the scenario above all at the same time. That makes any conspiracy seem all the more impossible.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

So which conspiracy theories do you give credence to and which caused you to join this conspiracy forum?

Going back to the OP, which persona do you identify most with; the one who is concerned with confirmed and theorised conspiracies, or the one concerned with other things like physical appearance, reality TV shows, pop music and fashion?

I personally feel that conspiracies generally seem to be geared towards taking advantage of great numbers of people at tragic costs to them by using a great number of other people as unwitting cohorts for the gain of a select powerful few.

People around the world are suffering, the question is why. The OP suggest that females would not be as interested as males in asking that question, or knowing the answer.
You're comment is not even saying he's wrong, just that there's nothing to worry about and if you think there is then you are being gullible (which seems strange considering your a member of ATS).

So, I say you are wrong. My evidence is that there are people suffering and the answers we have been given are unsatisfactory.

Further, I say that the powerful few in this world are not at all guiltless and that they are most definitely associated with the cause of the continual suffering of many and they try to keep the details and facts of that connection hidden.

Are you so sure that meter of yours is reading right?

Edited to fix semantics.

[edit on 4/7/2010 by Recouper]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
As a woman, I think it's because women have a working bull$#!tometer and men do not.
We outgrew comic books and sci-fi. We know "The Matrix" is a movie.

Ahh, and so there we have it. This is one of the major problems.

Authors have been using metaphors since the time man started telling stories. You are right. The Matrix IS a movie but the metaphors in that movie relate directly to this "reality" we live in which the point of it obviously went right over your head. You don't get it.

I actually posted earlier that ATS woman would not be the ones to be associated or lumped into the subject matter. But you and antonia proved me wrong.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
First, let me reintroduce myself, I'm a long time reader of this site. I did post briefly some time ago but went back into "lurk-mode" because that was all I had time for once I had started taking care of cancer stricken family members, in addition to the continuing job of raising a family. I'm on a new variant of my old user name because frankly I had abandoned all my old information and gave up trying to retrieve it. I must say under my old ID I was assumed to be a male and I did not quite know how to gracefully correct that assumption without embarrassing anyone, so I didn't bother.

I am still extremely busy but just had to re-register to say this is probably one of the most depressing and demoralizing topics I've run across on ATS recently. Considering there are several major disasters and conspiracies threatening our environment and our freedoms, that's saying something!

I feel this thread is depressing because I have always assumed that we--both men and women, are all in this united and together. And we of all races and religions are also in this together. History has taught us that what threatens the security and freedom of one group of us threatens us all.

Unfortunately many of the comments in this thread and across ATS in general do create an environment that is demeaning to women. Take for example this comment from Jimbob15 on the subject of the anti Rape condom (link here:www.abovetopsecret.com... ) :

jeez1 this is a bit over the top isnt it? Its not like the women are being stabbed with a steel knife , its only a penis after all. I know which one Id choose to get stabbed with. relax, you may even enjoy it & get an orgasm!

I gave up reading a few pages after that gem. I did not see anyone denounce this monstrously ignorant statement. They did dogpile some troll who clearly had a religious agenda to his hateful statements against women. I think people reacted to that person because of the religious angle. Otherwise, they let Jimbob's little joke go ignored. I can only hope that the silence shown by the participants in that discussion does not equal tacit agreement.

Returning to the subject of women's interest in conspiracies, I assure you that this interest is alive and well. My neighbors and I talk about these subjects all the time. The illusion is fraying all around us and people are increasing in awareness. Women may not have a huge interest in UFO's and chupcabras, but we do care about the corporate and government conspiracies that impact the health, safety, freedom and welfare of ourselves and our families. If we do not post about such things on public forums, it is likely because we are simply too busy attending to elderly parents, young children, the household, volunteer efforts, and yes, even political causes! Also, there is a chilling effect on most public forums that causes females to hide their gender idenity or to just lurk. I found this to be true on Newsvine and on various tech forums I read.

One final point--why do you demean us for an interest in Brad Pitt, Twilight, or Sex and the City? I find it incredible that this condemnation is coming from a gender that brought us such gems as "Jackass, the Movie" and will cause everything to come to a grinding halt to follow men chasing a little ball around a field. Deep thinkers, indeed!

You may consider women vapid twits but what do you think of the men who carry out a program of rape to silence female dissidents in African dictatorships? For all of the faults I can attribute to women, nothing my gender has done to date will ever match the sheer scale of the horror and suffering caused by the atrocities inflicted by grown men on innocent female children and babies, let alone the adult women, in those regions. If we women aren't dazzling the world with our political acumen and our amazing inventions, give us time and give us freedom from these horrors that murder our souls.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
[color=C6AEC7]Interesting topic. Have a wee blue star
Also made me realise that we cant tell on ATS who is male or who is female. Never really noticed that before until now

Well, Im a woman and if you gave me a choice between a celebrity magazine or a book about quantum physics, I would choose the latter[color=A23BEC]*

[color=C6AEC7]I am interested in a wide range of stuff, some conspiracies, geology, space, paranormal, time travel, parallel universes, watching documentaries, etc. Same for my hubby. We like things that make us think, you know?

Guess Ive just never been into the `celebrity gossip` crowd, just dont see the point, there are far more interesting things in the world

Edit to answer the OP question cos I forgot - Ive never really thought about why women are less into conspiracy stuff cos quite frankly I didnt know that was the case.

[color=A23BEC]*not sayin I understand all of it, but I love reading about it

[edit on 4-7-2010 by tappy]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I think it would be a good idea if there was a little symbol we could add to our avatars to denote who is really a what (gender) on this site. I think most of us would be surprised. I've a feeling it's about 50/50 in this thread alone.

I've changed my mind. I think this thread must be about 70% girls.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReAlIzAtIoN
It's just from my experience, women are less like to speak with you in regards to world events, history, conspiracy.. things of that nature.

This statement is so ridiculous that it ends up being a bad joke.

Women less likely to speak in regards to world events, history, etc?????

WOW.

I seriously wonder what kind of women you surround yourself with.

OH well. likes attracts like. I guess.

And I wanted to add-

Any generalizations like:
"oh why are most germans nazis?"
"oh why do most men only worry about getting laid?"
"oh why most gays have an absent father figure"

¿?¿? lol

Just to name a few examples. All these generalizations based on shallow preconceptions are an important indicator of outstanding ignorance.

[edit on 4/7/10 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

"I seriously wonder what kind of women you surround yourself with.

OH well. likes attracts like. I guess. "

Don't worry about the types of women I suround myself with, but rather stick to the point and try to answer the question I've posed. But since you have no answer nor have a reasonable agrument, you'd rather use ad hominem.

This thread was made not as a generalization but rather as curiousity. People who commented here have agreed with my realization. So when did it become ignorant to ask questions?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ReAlIzAtIoN

I agree that most women dont like conspiracies or what is going on. Whenever Im on here and I find something worth mentioning to my girlfriend, she just glares at me and says she doesnt care and doesnt want to hear it.
So much for trying to spread info. But I love her none the less

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Destiny Curious

You P@*9y!

J/k. Somewhat. LoL.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

ReAlIzAtIoN's OP had nothing to do with demeaning woman.

My opinion now; whether what he has noticed is a correct indication of reality or not, I think he was brave to bring something like this into the light.

I believe that as people, as humans, we have too small an understanding of ourselves. I also believe that despite the mass media induced fear to acknowledge it, there are fundamental differences between males and females and we could make ourselves better be exploring and understanding those differences.

I want to quickly mention that I find it unfair to ReAlIzAtIoN and those who have commented here with honest intent to associate this thread with some other, unrelated thread.

You say that woman care about the corporate and government conspiracies that impact the health, safety, freedom and welfare of all of us and our families. Ok.

Would you say that woman tend to talk about these things with other woman while discouraging men from engaging them in such discussions?

Perhaps woman have a tendency to be interested in Brad Pitt, Twilight (not sure what that is) or Sex and the City and men have a tendency to be more interested in "Jackass, the Movie" (have heard the name, don't know what it's about) or ball sports. Although, is it the apparent lack of interest in corruption, conspiracies and similar that is more the topic?
But I think there is a relation to this topic, because I can see how an interest in trivial things could take up conscious up-time to the exclusion of more important topics and/or work as a comfortable refuge from reality. That brings us to one of those conspiracy thingies... but the relation would be this; are females more susceptible to trivial interest to the exclusion of important topics than males? And if so, what does that mean for all of us? Is it something we should take into consideration when raising our children? And if so, in what way?
Poignant questions...

I don't consider woman to be vapid twits and the OP certainly doesn't elude to such a view. Also, problems of the human race which may be caused by the specific attributes of the male psyche and drive is worth exploring and trying to understand, but that topic definitely doesn't relate to the OP of this thread.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
How can women find the time to go on a thinkin' mans website such at this when they are busy being barefoot and pregnant in my kitchen makin' me a sandwich!?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join