It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracies and women

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by widdershins

I will agree with you that this thread is somewhat full of misogyny, but there is something to say of the double standard when it comes to sexism. All my life, I have been told that men are pigs, men are stupid, men have no control, men will never be able to attain the heights women are born to. I admit there is a fair amount of misogyny in the world, but almost no one points out the all pervading misandry. The mere fact that that word isn't even recognized by my browser just makes it worse. When I was talking to a female friend of mine, whom I have had many long and in depth conversations, we got to the subject of feminism. She suggested that I read a book by a prominent feminist author and I flat out told her I had no respect for that kind of modern sexism. She looked at me like I had slapped her and started saying things like how I was being ignorant by ignoring a whole field of thought and just writing off strong women with an errant thought. This after she had told me in very certain terms that she thought men in general were evil and undeserving of respect. I didn't go on to point out the hypocrisy in her logic because I know it wouldn't lead to anything but her hating me. She was perfectly alright with misandry but searched for misogyny where there was none. I see this even here, hiding behind all rightful retorts. I know you weren't displaying misandric tendencies, but I felt like going off while the subject was at hand. Have you ever found yourself in a group of girls saying horrible and stupid things about men? Did you take part? I for one have never been in a situation where a group of guys just rip into women. Mostly, some guy will sullenly say how his girl who has accepted years of doting and attention recently left him for a better looking jerk with a large, uh, ego. The most the group as a whole will do is shake their heads and pat him on the shoulder with the refrain about "living with 'em". When the subject of male dominance of the conspiracy world comes up, how is it misogynic to state that, in a world of female privilege and deception, men are keener on the lie? By the way, thanks for not responding in a vitriolic, insulting, or degrading manner. It's hard to find manners on the internet.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ReAlIzAtIoN

IMO

Most women are interested in their (gossip)cell phones and appeances.

Very distractible - watch them drive. (And I am female).

[edit on 3-7-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Actually i would like to claim that women are behind most of the things that really sucks in our society... i do not want to go into 100 lines of details, but let's just say, all waste in society can be credited back to women and their obsession to sick ways of altering reality...nuff said

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by fulllspectrum
Actually i would like to claim that women are behind most of the things that really sucks in our society... i do not want to go into 100 lines of details, but let's just say, all waste in society can be credited back to women and their obsession to sick ways of altering reality...nuff said

You should of "go into 100 lines". This is non-senses !

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Oh don't leave us hanging like this. I *insist* that you produce nothing short of tomes of examples as to the wiles and manipulations of women that have landed us in this mire. I will wait here for it. You have my full attention, dear. Proceed.

[edit on 3/7/2010 by CosmicEgg]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'm still not getting why some of you feel you are somehow better than another simply because you have an interest they do not. Think about something: What does you interest serve? Kills some time, engages your mind, but for some of you it is entirely unproductive. If you didn't have the "hobby" what else would you be doing right now?

You want to bash certain women for wanting to gossip, wear makeup or watch TV, but really...How do you even know you are right? You are so "awake". Well, How do you know you are awake? How do you know what you believe is true? What makes you hobby somehow better than the average man or woman's hobbies?

For many people this is just an excursion in "I'm better than you". This isn't much more than egotistical posturing in the cloak of a debate.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by widdershins

Well then, you are definitely in the minority and are blessed with over 29 women who seem to be fully aware of their surroundings. However, you must understand, that this is not the case as a whole and cannot be applied as such. Most people in general are not aware of what is happening politically, economically, or environmentally. We're talking about a very small percentage of people who either actually care, or take the time to educate themselves about the world in general. Therefore, I find it to be a dubious statement when one says that everyone around them seem to be in the know, let alone have 29 close friends who are completely in tune. I have hundreds of friends and thousands of acquaintances. Out of those hundreds of actual friends, I have about 10 who are politically aware and out of those 10, about 4 of them are politically, economically, and environmentally knowledgeable. Out of those 4 friends, I have one of them who is completely in tune with all the above-mentioned traits and is also spiritually awakened, and incidentally, this friend is a male. Out of the 10 people that I mentioned, 3 of them are female, which definitely puts women in the minority, at least, on my list of friends who are active.

So, if you actually have a list of 29 women who are all in the know including yourself, then congratulations, because you are literally the only person that I have seen that could make such a claim.

Namaste and Love

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

First of all, the whole "how do you know you're right" trick won't work here. Seeing that these people have found interest and truth in their studies and come to a place like this instead of standard education and media shows they have discernment. Second, where are you seeing this "i am better than you" stuff? No one here is saying that. You are the one invoking the thought. It may be just a hobby for you, just food for thought, but for a lot of us this has to do with our soul, our fundamental questions about life. You obviously don't take it seriously and look down on those who do, hence your projection of your own insecurities. I say these things knowing full well that I could be wrong. Going through life discounting your own well founded thoughts on the basis that you possibly could be wrong is a cowardly way to approach the uneasily approachable. When people claim that others are ignorant or asleep, this doesn't imply superiority of the speaker, just a state of knowledge. If someone explicitly claims whole swathes of humanity are less worthy than they are, then you would be right. I haven't seen that anywhere but in your posts. Please correct me.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg

Oh don't leave us hanging like this. I *insist* that you produce nothing short of tones of examples as to the wiles and manipulations of women that have landed us in this mire. I will wait here for it. You have my full attention, dear. Proceed.

ohh where to start, i cannot even begin to imagine how to bring my message to you without you're feeling a need to defend all kinds of things... let's start with a simple thing then, so i avoid confusing you, i do assume you are female.... tell me, do you conform? of course you do, because you cannot help it, you cannot think without having some kind of predefined right-and-wrong to limit your thought-set...why do you think we have avoiding you in any position that matters, for 1000 of years? you are made for defending what is right and wrong (the parts of that, we tell you) bring up the children good, and nothing else...you want more? just ask

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by proudcaptalist
TPTB knew this.

Get the women....get the families. thatsthe way its always been yeah!

Most women are just.....stupid. They are just so in the matrix its ridculous. ATS women can blame it on what ever they want.....but they are just making excuses. the truth is the majority of woman just dont care. They are just care about. make up. cars. money. sex.twilight.music. Just anything pop culture.

The horrible truth is....women are just wired to be this way. Im not saying women cant be smart or 'awake'. its just that those that do tend to be a rarity.
Yet another shining example of the definition of mysogyny, ATS. Every single woman related thread on these boards turns into extreme female bashing. Women are stupid?

This is a debate board.

In debate we have rules.

When an opponent resorts to attacking the poster or person using words like stupid, the opponent has autofailed.

Who is stupid, again?

And I defend this posters right to state his/her opinion freely, because only by our words can we be judged here at ATS.

So thank you for providing a real time example of a word that unfortunately must be used way too often around these parts anymore.

Deny ignorance yall.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by etcorngods
Women just don't know how important it is to be Flat out STUPID.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by etcorngods]
What? Does this mean anyway?

Do we have to be stupid so yall menfolk can unnerstan us?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Enuff said?

You said nothing of substance.

You brought forth a claim, then said, I could bring forth details to support my misogynist view but i cannot be bothered to do so, so I will reinforce the nasty sexist statement by repeating it, and closing with a sub par colloquialism meant to shut down further questions by those wondering how you meant to actuate your statements.

I for one would love that list of 100 details supporting your misogynist claim.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by theflyingscudman
reply to post by antonia

First of all, the whole "how do you know you're right" trick won't work here. Seeing that these people have found interest and truth in their studies and come to a place like this instead of standard education and media shows they have discernment.

Discernment according to whom? There are people here on ATS who sincerely believe 2012 is going to be the end of the world The information they use to prove it is dubious. They won't hear that however. For most people information is simply a crutch. It's not the truth, it's what is required to prop up the belief.

Second, where are you seeing this "i am better than you" stuff? No one here is saying that.

Plenty of people here have insinuated the thought. They have belittled women who do not get into their hobby as shallow. This is holding oneself above another. It was all really easy to spot.

You are the one invoking the thought. It may be just a hobby for you, just food for thought, but for a lot of us this has to do with our soul, our fundamental questions about life.

Again, what does that benefit them? Many people here seem loathe to admit what is of benefit to them is not of benefit to another. Chit-chatting about Brad Pitt or talking on the phone might seem petty to someone else, but for another that is fulfillment of a need. What makes one need somehow better than another? I don't mock people who come here to talk. It fulfills a need for them. I may not believe some of what they do , but hey whatever. It's not my place to insult them.

You obviously don't take it seriously and look down on those who do, hence your projection of your own insecurities.

You make assumptions simply because I asked a fair question. If people are going to belittle people for watching TV or wanting to chat about Brad Pitt as they are free to do so, but I feel the need to call most of them out on it. I think it's a projection of their insecurities. A overarching need to feel like they are somehow smarter than everyone else.

I haven't seen that anywhere but in your posts. Please correct me.

Generally speaking, most people find being called ignorant, a sheep, shallow and stupid to be rather insulting. You may think it isn't, but most of polite society would tell you that it is rude. I don't remember saying your name and I wasn't directing my post at you, but if you'd like to take it personally by all means do so.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by antonia]

[edit on 3-7-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
It has nothing to do with "conspiracies" but rather the "inner workings" of things.

I have only been alive for 40 odd years but overall ( not all ) most Woman I have meet have zero interest in how things work. They don't want to know how their TV works, or their car, or anything else around them. And they rely or use this stuff every day. So were would the motivation come from to research the hidden agendas or inner workings of the world around us ?

Marketers actually rely on this lack of drive to analyze things and be a skeptic to push their products.

You are absolutely right. The mainstream media and scientists would call people like you and I sexist, but that's only because they aren't really interested in the difference between men and women. Wait... those were just the feminists, atheists and liberals at my extremist college who tried to pipe that agenda. They probably want us to think that men and women are the same so that they can destroy men.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I began in the beginning of this post and saw how it was going and decided that I didn't want to have to participate in a bashing that is neither here nor there.

This is for the woman that are participating. For those of us who are here, and even those who were here and decided that it was to much, well here it goes. We as woman, have a certain type of civility that we have for topics of a different nature, I don't really blame a lot of the men that are downing on woman. You can tell by the post's which ones are genuine about their misunderstandings about woman, and those who have been hurt by woman (personally).

Men have a tendency of not being able to differentiate one from another, Ive seen it all my life. But I don't want to take away from the men here that are trying to understand, and maybe even have their own misconceptions about woman, but are discussing it with the intelligent woman that are here, not to defend ourselves, but to make sure that we are heard.

Our (woman's) lives are complicated, to say the least, and having to try to defend ourselves either way is pointless, we know who we are, and we know how we think, and to try to put any woman, especially on this site in the same category with a woman that the thinks that conspiracy theories is the movie with Mel Gibson.... well, I would hope that this was not the case, and to all the woman that participate, are mothers, wives, conspirators, and posters, thank you, thank you for making sure that not only men see what we think but helps other woman to know that our voices can be heard, no matter where we are.

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Because searching for the "truth" is the beginning to "appreciation".

Appreciation leads to respect.

If you do not even want to know how the world works, how can you fully appreciate it.

Eg... I talked before about health issues before, hardly a hidden conspiracy or hard subject to research. And would probably be classified as "base education" for all humans and irresponsible not to understand. Most of it is taught in school anyway.

So why do Woman seem to "want" to believe you can target belly / viscera fat by doing sit-ups ( viscera fat effects your health directly ) It has ZERO basis in science or even logic. All my mates know it is a marketing myth.

Why the massive difference in critical thinking about something that is important to most people Male or Female ?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Enuff said?

You brought forth a claim, then said, I could bring forth details to support my misogynist view but i cannot be bothered to do so, so I will reinforce the nasty sexist statement by repeating it, and closing with a sub par colloquialism meant to shut down further questions by those wondering how you meant to actuate your statements.

I'm sorry, but if you think my post is worth nothing, why try to break it down into simple cliches? do i offend you, and why? this is my truth and opinion, can't you handle that a person have an other opinion than yourself - and god forbid - say it out in the public...get a grip girl, the world is not all about what is right and wrong ....hint: of what you have been told... i think my posts have made that clear by now

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoX42

I only claimed that my friends are open minded, who enjoy the discussion of things that are being considered in this thread. (Paranormal, NWO, conspiracies and so on.)

Never did I say that they were "In the know" in any nature. We have our disagreements about how things work and do not work, and we have arguments over which conspiracies are real and which are fabricated. Just like the people who post here on ATS.

It happens to be, that in this case, I know more women than men who are interested in the subjects that I'm interested in.

My annoyance in the post you seem to have replied to stems from the fact that there are simply so many ignorant replies on this thread. I'm pretty sure you've noticed them by now.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Enuff said?

I'm sorry, but if you think my post is worth nothing, why try to break it down into simple cliches? do i offend you, and why? this is my truth and opinion, can't you handle that a person have an other opinion than yourself - and god forbid - say it out in the public...get a grip girl, the world is not all about what is right and wrong ....hint: of what you have been told... i think my posts have made that clear by now
For educational purposes for other members.

Besides I love your posts.

They are illuminating.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The health sector is full of "conspiracies" to fool the consumer. By not acknowledging them they are putting themselves and their loves ones at risk. So understanding and discussing the motives behind conspiracies is not a waste of time. It is producing a questioning mindset.

I am one of those guys who will not get married until I find someone who does question everything, and doesn't mind upsetting the apple-cart to get at the truth. I do not want a brainwashed bimbo.

But until Woman start coming down on their own Sisters for being frivolous, with the same intensity as they worry about their shoes, handbag or hair. Men like me will stand little chance of finding someone. Because I will not settle for anything less.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join