It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACLU issues travel alerts for Arizona

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mooseinhisglory

Originally posted by Mobius1974
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Sniper training on the arizona broder starting Jan 2011.

i tried to resist saying something, but i was overwhelmed by my need to click the "quote" button...i know youre speaking in hyperbole and i get that...but come on. murder is far worse than illegal immigration. whether or not you hate these people like you do "everyone else," their lives should not be made into a violent joke just because of your politics. they are still human beings, and people do care about them back home. they could me mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, daughters or sons of somebody.

cant we keep some civility and respect in the conversation, even if you have no respect for the people we are discussing?

I agree. What ever happened to our spirit of "give me your poor, your tired and downtrodden..." etc. I guess now it's shoot the poor tired and downtrodden.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
reply to post by mooseinhisglory

Ever happen to think that some cultures only understand one thing?

Violence.

Nothing else has worked, nor will anything other than violence likely work to secure OUR border.

If it takes bodies lying in the desert to make sure our border is secure, then so be it.

Not the most agreeable of choices, but sometimes it is the only choice.

This is one of those cases.

You make it sound like anything has ever really been done to secure the border.

I hate reading people say that they should stay in their country and work on fixing it when US citizens are being ignored by their own government. Why don't you get your government to actually work for you and not corporate interests? Get them to actually secure the border.

But to be on topic. It's only a warning. If you get the wall, mine field, snipers and or electric fence in place would you still throw a fit if someone publishes something telling the would be illegals that they run the risk of being hurt and/or killed if they try crossing the border? Most who offer up this type of solution even throw in warning signs. Well how's this different?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You know that retarded little quote means nothing right?

luckily for us it is not official policy.

Its a phrase on the Statue of Liberty.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Ever happen to think that some cultures only understand one thing?

Violence.

Nothing else has worked, nor will anything other than violence likely work to secure OUR border.

If it takes bodies lying in the desert to make sure our border is secure, then so be it.

Not the most agreeable of choices, but sometimes it is the only choice.

This is one of those cases.

You make it sound like anything has ever really been done to secure the border.

I hate reading people say that they should stay in their country and work on fixing it when US citizens are being ignored by their own government. Why don't you get your government to actually work for you and not corporate interests? Get them to actually secure the border.

But to be on topic. It's only a warning. If you get the wall, mine field, snipers and or electric fence in place would you still throw a fit if someone publishes something telling the would be illegals that they run the risk of being hurt and/or killed if they try crossing the border? Most who offer up this type of solution even throw in warning signs. Well how's this different?

I mean no disrespect from this .....
What in the hell was that last paragraph supposed to say?? Read it again.. It makes zero sense!

I am going to assume that I know what it said..
Are you asking if i would be mad, if the world was informed that we were sniping illegals crossing the border???? Hell, I would run the ad on international TV myself ... talk about a good deterent!!!

I might throw in some lies about lions and gators being placed on the border!

I would tell the middle eastern immigrants that we are force feeding pork to those caught crossing illegally!!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I mean no disrespect from this .....
What in the hell was that last paragraph supposed to say?? Read it again.. It makes zero sense!

I am going to assume that I know what it said..
Are you asking if i would be mad, if the world was informed that we were sniping illegals crossing the border???? Hell, I would run the ad on international TV myself ... talk about a good deterent!!!

I might throw in some lies about lions and gators being placed on the border!

I would tell the middle eastern immigrants that we are force feeding pork to those caught crossing illegally!!!!

That was my point so why does it bother you that the ACLU is putting out a warning that if you are illegal in AZ the cops can and will ask for proof of citizenship. Also that if you are legal to make sure you don't forget proper ID for the same reason.

I know they are going to put their slant on it but in the end it's only a warning of what is being done.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

That last paragraph is exactly why I didnt bother replying to it.

It is light years away from anything resembling sensical.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

It wasn't thinly veiled!!! I am very clear and very serious!! Make a sweeping statement that we are fed up and the crap is about to hit the fan.. Give them 1 to 2 weeks to get out.. Make bus stops available to get to the border!!! The ones that wont go on their own, get em all rounded up and GONE..If you didnt leave on your own.. You and immediate family are banned for 50 years.

Then, secure our borders.. Build a Wall (high voltage) 250k volts will do it. Then have sniper towers at every 1/4 mileGive 2 warning shots than blow their butt away!!!!

Like I said, I'm not pro illegal immigration. If what you propose could be done, let's do it. If you're not here legally, whether Hispanic or Icelandic... time to go.

But let's not set a precident that could take away the rights of legitimate Americans.

As for the wall... too obviously the wrong way to go. Need I point out Gemany. I mean, really...

You keep talking about rights getting taken and racial profiling. You obviously did not read the law, you obviously have your mind made up and will not see logic. You obviously do not know what your talking about. You should turn the internet off and go read the law in its raw form. Stop letting MSNBC spoon feed you.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Do me a favor.. I mean to be disrespectful now... Go back through my posts..
Point out where I said i had a problem with them notifying people... Point out where I said ONE WORD about them notifying people!

I know they are going to put their slant on it but in the end it's only a warning of what is being done.

Slant?? Wow see the blind direction you took.. You didnt agree with my posts .. So you assumed that I didnt agree with the notification..

How about you do the people of my area a FAVOR.. I live in Durand Michigan

I want you to notify EVERY single paper in the WORLD.. that we are shooting illegals on the spot.. We only pay .50c an hour. We eat cow crap for breakfast lunch and dinner..
See we get the same outcome with my plan and yours.. looks like we see eye to eye!

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Mobius1974]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Really? Think youre going to walk through a village under siege in Afghanistan or Nigeria and solve things diplomatically without threats or violent actions? Absolutely not.

no, this isnt about "walking through a village" to solve a problem. its about trying to get drugs regulated HERE (which i do every weekend by collecting signatures for marijuana legalization), changing OUR foreign economic and agricultural policies that our corporations operate under, and of course, enforcing our own immigration laws. this is called being ACTIVE in a democratic republic. im sure you would agree that politicians in this country have screwed a lot of things up, so why dont we try to clean their messes with the tools our government gives us? is having a transparent government that actually makes policies that HELP its citizens to idealistic a concept for you?

Stop living in a pacifistic fantasyland.

why dont you stop living in an violent nightmare? i will never give up on peace, and all processes that lead to peace, including non-violence. this is not pacifism. action is necessary, but it doesnt have to include guns. its all perspective, and attacking my perspective doesnt make you right.

Is the future of the United States worth fighting a war for? Of course it is.

The future of the U.S. is dependent upon a secure border.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by brainwrek]

the future of the united states is dependent on economic reform on wall street and our wars in the middle east. the economic problems presented by issues like immigration and health care pale in comparison to the money we dump into the military and bailouts. if we werent BANKRUPT from the failures of too-big-to-fail banks, iraq, and afghanistan, people wouldnt be so up-in-arms about this. it would be a policy issue, and not nearly as emotional.

edit for spelling

[edit on 1-7-2010 by mooseinhisglory]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Point out where I said i had a problem with them notifying people... Point out where I said ONE WORD about them notifying people!

But that is what the OP is about.

"ACLU issues travel alerts for Arizona"

And your on here throwing a fit.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

You stated every culture would rather solve things diplomatically. I simply proved you wrong.

I dont live in a violent nightmare, I live in a place called reality. Violence is everywhere, whether you like it or not.

The tools granted to us by the Constitution have been rendered impotent by a criminally corrupt bureaucracy.

Agreed on the wars and wall street bailouts, but you give far too little importance to the costs of unconstitutional social programs, foreign aid, medical costs, etc etc that are associated with unchecked immigration.

Our country is rapidly approaching an overpopulation nightmare that we will never recover from.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

But that is what the OP is about.

"ACLU issues travel alerts for Arizona"

And your on here throwing a fit.

it wasnt till you posted this that i realized i was starting to rant off-topic here...
lolz

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Read my post 4 posts up i edited it... Special just for you!

I think the idea is grand!!!! Arizona is THANKING the ACLU behind closed doors.. keep making Arizona look awful for illegals... You are helping them more than you can imagine!

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Mobius1974]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Slant?? Wow see the blind direction you took.. You didnt agree with my posts .. So you assumed that I didnt agree with the notification..

The slant I was refering to was the Anti-AZ law slant in the warning becase of the ACLU's stand on the issue not yours.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

you didnt prove me wrong. you stated your world-view, i stated mine. i totally agree that governments have been hi-jacked by corporate interests to make it impossible, at times, for the people to change things without violence. but thats just it. MOST PEOPLE, not their leaders, would much rather solve differences through peaceful processes.
do you go to the bank with a gun demanding an over-draft fee be refunded because you cant afford it? do you hold a knife to throat of a cook who didnt get your order right to force them to make another?
no.
so why do we solve more important and complex issues this way? my answer is that we SHOULDNT and that we would RATHER NOT. i dont believe there is anything wrong with throwing a bit of philosophy into an argument. im not a black-and-white kind of guy because this is not a black-and-white world, so who is the one living outside of reality?
the reality is that solving this problem with violence will breed more resentment and cause more problems in this their country as well as our own. i proudly admit to being a seattle hippie, and i also proudly admit that if texans or arizonans wanted to start shootin up "illegals" (just another label to deprive someone of their humanity...a clever political trick) and no one did anything to stop it, in fact ENCOURAGED it, i would be the first one out here advocating for seccesion. i will not be dragged into another war caused by another short-sighted fix to a long-term problem.
most people, apparently not you, would rather live in a state of perpetual peace. not a state of perpetual war.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Would you like the names of the papers in my area to notify? i am all for this notification. All for it!!!! Best deterent Ever!
Tell them that our cops will arrest anyone that has a name that ends in a Z!
See where this will lead.... I hate to think that the leaders of AZ played this like a chess game!!! there is no way that they are that bright and well thought out.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Read my post 4 posts up i edited it... Special just for you!

I think the idea is grand!!!! Arizona is THANKING the ACLU behind closed doors.. keep making Arizona look awful for illegals... You are helping them more than you can imagine!

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Mobius1974] [/quote

you are probably totally right, lol. didnt even think of it that way.

link   

Do you move onto your neighbors property, just because you have a better future there?

link   

That's awful. Because I always check with the ACLU to make sure it's ok if I go somewhere.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Problems in Mexico are not our problem, whether we caused them or not. That is a domestic mexican issue, not ours. Resentment? Who cares?

Mexico is a proven enemy of the United States, they have committed acts of war upon us.

Why should we not retaliate through any and every means possible?

Calling them illegals isnt meant to deprive them of their humanity, its a descriptor of what they are once they cross our border without our permission.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join