It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACLU issues travel alerts for Arizona

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

It wasn't thinly veiled!!! I am very clear and very serious!! Make a sweeping statement that we are fed up and the crap is about to hit the fan.. Give them 1 to 2 weeks to get out.. Make bus stops available to get to the border!!! The ones that wont go on their own, get em all rounded up and GONE..If you didnt leave on your own.. You and immediate family are banned for 50 years.

Then, secure our borders.. Build a Wall (high voltage) 250k volts will do it. Then have sniper towers at every 1/4 mileGive 2 warning shots than blow their butt away!!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
i dont see anybody throwing a fit over the other questions they ask.

wtf is one more? seriously? they already stopped you, had this not even been made a law 90% of you sheep would have thought you had to answer it when they ask anyway.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

The Heinlein quote you posted was awesome, and I couldn't agree more.

For me, the immigration law of AZ only sets to enforce all the existing laws that govern immigration. I have no issue with immigrants. I have issue with criminals. They don't come here illegally to do the jobs I won't do. Instead, they come here to do those jobs for far less money than I will do them for. It's not fair to them. It's not fair to me. It's not fair to you. I would pay more for a product if the laborer was paid more to make or harvest it. Those of you who say you won't are the ones with the real moral problem, not the ones who want to enforce the immigration laws.

I think the real problem is the employers who hire the illegal immigrants. How about putting them in jail for awhile if they are caught.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974

It wasn't thinly veiled!!! I am very clear and very serious!! Make a sweeping statement that we are fed up and the crap is about to hit the fan.. Give them 1 to 2 weeks to get out.. Make bus stops available to get to the border!!! The ones that wont go on their own, get em all rounded up and GONE..If you didnt leave on your own.. You and immediate family are banned for 50 years.

Then, secure our borders.. Build a Wall (high voltage) 250k volts will do it. Then have sniper towers at every 1/4 mileGive 2 warning shots than blow their butt away!!!!

Like I said, I'm not pro illegal immigration. If what you propose could be done, let's do it. If you're not here legally, whether Hispanic or Icelandic... time to go.

But let's not set a precident that could take away the rights of legitimate Americans.

As for the wall... too obviously the wrong way to go. Need I point out Gemany. I mean, really...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I have a friend that uses the same argument.. We are not seperating a country...Or walling in a city, we are protecting the border of a country.. The berlin wall is a horrible comparison.. the only thing thay have in common is , they are both walls.

It is out of control.. High insurance/hospital costs are affected by illegal aliens.. I know it doesn't account for much.. BUT IT DOES COST US!!

If you can not do it legally... go alsewhere.. you are not wanted here illegally.

I am NOT racist,... I hate everyone equally.. I just feel that if we do not do something now.... we will become complacent and be over run by illegals from all over the world!

Sniper training on the arizona broder starting Jan 2011.

Short story..
I have a friend that bought some property on the AZ border...
He made it into site condos and built 4 homes.. All 4 are on the same h2o well. This well takes up to 48 to prime and get running...

4 times in the last year ..the line has been cut so the illegals can get a drink of water.. Now each time ..it takes the home owners 48 hours to get the water flowing again( After fixing the hose).

Did I mention that he has 2 kids under 5 years of age? Do you even care?

NOW.. being the nice guy he is.. they installed a spicket (no punn intended) with a sign that read "WATER" with a short hose so they could drink out of it.

Do the f'ing scum bags use the spicket and the hose???? No the scum bags still cut his line 3 more times...

So what did he do??? He took his 20 gauge and loaded his own shells with rock salt. He has shot 10 to 20 of the hose cutters in the last year or so...

Nice ending of the story...
This tax paying, hard working man with children gets to wake up EVERY morning with fresh water..

I would have a 22/250 and shoot for their knees! He is apparently nicer than I am!

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Mobius1974]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan

I think the real problem is the employers who hire the illegal immigrants. How about putting them in jail for awhile if they are caught.

TRUE THAT. i do not understand why this is barely being discussed, if at all.

you probably wont jump on board with the rest of my comment, but i believe this is all our own damn fault. whether anyone here likes it or not, businesses based in our country have done a lot in conjunction with the mexican government to really screw that country over (just like they have here lol), and plenty of people still hire these illegal immigrants. in fact, im willing to bet that A LOT of people who support this law AND work in construction have hired one at one point or another. the reason i say this is because i know someone personally who is completely supports this bill, and still picks up illegal immigrants at home depot when he needs more workers. his excuse is the same old "that damn federal government blah blah blah if they wont fix this problem id might as well take advantage of it blah blah blah."
our country has NEVER been apart of the solution when it comes to this, we have always been apart of the problem, and not just because we didnt round em up sooner. we have created incentives for it. our appetite for illegal drugs is helping fuel an out-of-control war that kills thousands. our appetite for profit and low prices have helped create sweatshops that barely pay a living wage. and then, to put icing on the cake, we offer them jobs. one thing everyone has to admit that, whether its legal or not, they would do ANYTHING to feed their families.

people want to say AZ has it right? i say NE has it better.

N E immigration law

at least they are getting closer to the root of the problem. however, this will never be fixed by domestic policy alone. we MUST work with mexico on changing economic foreign policies as well as drug policies at home and abroad.

edit: spelling
edit: link didnt work
[edit on 1-7-2010 by mooseinhisglory]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Oh... right. If one looks Hispanic one is to be stopped on the suspicion of being suspicious.

[edit on 7/1/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

100% wrong, retarded, and misinformed.

Try reading the law kid. Apply some adult comprehension to it.

Walk away with actual knowledge instead of BS talking points you read on your favorite leftist blogs.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by brainwrek]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

WOW... He sure told you... the truth, the facts, and plain made your flash phrases look like exactly what they are.... A curve ball of the truth set in place to sway peoples opinions... Pathetic.

They are only asking the questions that EVERY LAST ONE OF US are asked ANY time we are pulled over!!!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Sniper training on the arizona broder starting Jan 2011.

i tried to resist saying something, but i was overwhelmed by my need to click the "quote" button...i know youre speaking in hyperbole and i get that...but come on. murder is far worse than illegal immigration. whether or not you hate these people like you do "everyone else," their lives should not be made into a violent joke just because of your politics. they are still human beings, and people do care about them back home. they could me mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, daughters or sons of somebody.

cant we keep some civility and respect in the conversation, even if you have no respect for the people we are discussing?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Look at it like this...

Now the mexicans will know how the blacks have felt for decades!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mooseinhisglory

If they have all of those relatives back home.. Stay there .. Help your country prosper. I will repeat.. Mass exodus has never benifited the people of any country!!!

Ok ... But your ok with my 250k volt fence? I am rather serious about both options.. I will scale it back a bit and say lets use non lethal ammo. OR, aim for the knees?

I am not limiting this to people south of the border.. there are alot more than latin americans comming accross that border!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

Look at it like this...

no thanks...

id rather not even try to dismantle and prove to you how messed up (id rather use another word) that sentence is.

edit: to add quote so you know what i was referring to

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Are you joking? Your oozing political correctness.
Blacks have been singled out for their skin color for years. I am saying that others will now know how it feels to be singled out for something that is completely out of their hands and WRONG..
I am not justifying this.. Just stating it as a sad fact!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I agree with your other comments. We are all guilty to some degree. I own 3 businesses (2 in Japan and 1 in the U.S.) and I can say that I have never knowingly hired an illegal immigrant. I have never hired an illegal for anything that I know of, and I wouldn't do it to save myself a little money. I am still guilty because I purchase products that more than likely came from illegal immigrant labor.

I would feed an illegal or offer them a drink to quench their thirst, if I am in a postion to do so. I do not hate them, I just want them to come here legally.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Ever happen to think that some cultures only understand one thing?

Violence.

Nothing else has worked, nor will anything other than violence likely work to secure OUR border.

If it takes bodies lying in the desert to make sure our border is secure, then so be it.

Not the most agreeable of choices, but sometimes it is the only choice.

This is one of those cases.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

my bad, i guess i mis-interpereted your tone in that statement. i just choose to stick to the actual problems/solutions and try to stray from comments like that, but i get ya. also, i have no problem with being a little PC every now and then.

as far as your 250k fence and shooting for the knees goes, make it happen, cap'n. i dont support violence in any way, but then again im not doing anything to help the situation besides voting with my wallet, and i can admit that. as long as you wanna fit the bill for repairing the injuries you caused and the gas money to take em home, go for it.

also, staying home and trying to fix their own country is a little too simplistic when faced with the scope of the problem. some people dont have time to change the world when they are starving and fear for their lives.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek

Ever happen to think that some cultures only understand one thing?

Violence.

so, you are speaking about OUR country, right? we fit that description as well...

and no, i dont think that is correct. i think every culture would rather have things solved peacefully than be threatened with violence. i can almost guarantee you that shooting them dead as they come across the border would result in a war, and personally i dont think this immigration problem is WORTH fighting a war over. i do believe its worth getting some people out of office to replace them with people who are willing to confront this situation diplomatically and make some major changes.

edit to add: "to replace them with people"

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I have to fall back on this... Why should we help a people that have been given the same opportunities over the last 100+ years.. Because our country prospered and theirs didnt.. mass exodus to the US???

Thats like you and you neighbor start building houses.. His turns out much better than yours... You should just go move in with him???

If you dont like how yours turned out... Fix it or go elsewhere.. Your neighbor IS NOT going to invite you in..

They have all of the necessary resources.. They lack dedication and leadership.. Maybe we should just take over the country.. I bet .... nvm it would be more f'ed up than ever.. Our leaders these days are awful!!

They need leadership... combined with a poulation that WANTS a future for their children.. The problem is this.. their dreams consist of US citizenship.. not a better mexico! or where ever they are from.

I am going to correct myself here... I mis- spoke, The mexicans I have met and worked with are some of the hardest working people on this planet. They can learn many tasks faster than allot of americans..
They do not lack Motivation or intelligence.. I have to believe that leadership and drugs are the only thing holding Latin american countries back.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Mobius1974]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Look at it like this...

Being a black man in America, this is exactly how I feel. They're WILLINGLY coming here ILLEGALLY. My ancestors were FORCEFULLY brought here LEGALLY.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Really? Think youre going to walk through a village under siege in Afghanistan or Nigeria and solve things diplomatically without threats or violent actions? Absolutely not.

Stop living in a pacifistic fantasyland.

Is the future of the United States worth fighting a war for? Of course it is.

The future of the U.S. is dependent upon a secure border.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by brainwrek]

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join