It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britney Spears 'Beat Child With Belt'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
It's abuse. Plain and simple. My father used to beat the crap out of us with the belt. There were times I'd go to school the next day and it would cause me unbearable pain to just sit down in the chair. As we got older, he started resorting to using his fists. It didn't stop until the day I finally grew some cojones and hit him back. He deserved it. I have never forgiven him for what he would do to us. I would if he would only acknowledge that he was wrong but he won't. He has somewhat of a selective memory and just a rock hard stubborn will.

Don't ever hit your kids. It doesn't solve anything. All it does is make them resent you and defy your orders ever more. It's a simple concept. We talk about it here on ATS daily. You can only push someone so many times before they start pushing back. The other terrible side effect is that your kids will turn to violence as their solution for anything. My father never tried talking anything out and as a result, I had very violent tendencies. I've grown up now and see that he was wrong, I was wrong and I know where I got it from. It's a hard and disgusting habit to break and it took everything out of me to finally break it. Believe me, you don't want to do this to your kids. There are other ways to discipline. Hitting is not one of them. REMEMBER, you're an adult, they're a child. Just because you don't think your exerting much force doesn't mean it's not going to hurt them.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

My mom used whatever was handy and fit her hand and she could lift.

That could have been a belt, a shoe, a stick or an axe handle. No, I didn't enjoy it at all.

Did I learn not to do things that would piss her off? Well, sort of, I learned not to do that particular action again.

The gamble was, will this piss off, Mom? I never knew if I hadn't done it before. There were no set rules. Just, you pissed me off and now you must pay the price.

At least with my Pop, it was, a "look" that said, "Son, you just crossed the line, and I am giving you a chance to backtrack."

At least Pop never left marks, and that says to me he was in control of himself. But, Mom? Yikes She left marks that lasted for days.

Did I ever mention before that my mom is Satan?

Seriously, though, I doubt the Spears spawn is in control of herself. And she just might be out of control with her kids.

By the way, Pop used to get tired of us complaining kids in the backseat of the car and he woud just reach over the seat and swing. Some of us were lucky and we ducked in time.
Some of us weren't so lucky.

But the Momster? She made a note of everything and didn't just give a general "strike out". She remembered everything, and when we got home, she dealt it out with the belt, etc. depending on the magnitude of the infractions.

Yeh! We used to line up for our whippings. If us kids would have allied ourselves with each other, we could have put that evil entity down. lol

I have a sister who never acted out, and she at least got a belt (and I mean an actual thin waist belt) across her mouth because, well, she was probably thinking what the rest of us probably thought, or at least she deserved the belt because, well, she was one of "us".

Just saying, Spears' mom is from cough, cough, Lousiana, cough cough, and Spears is probably just following what she was raised with. Yes, she is ignorant and stupid, IMHO, and can't get beyond what she was raised as.

One day I heard a whole bunch of screaming noise outside. So I went outside to see what was up. I saw a father hauling his boy to the house, whipping him on the butt all the way. My neighbor was also outside and I mentioned, oh wow, that guy is crazy! I'm going to call the police. And my neighbor said, hold on buddy, you just got out here. That boy just rode his bike off the street and ran right over top a three year old girl and laughed as he left her laying in the yard screaming. Oops.

Yeah, Pop. Whoop that boy's butt!

So, I say, did the spawn of the Spears' Satan earn this belt across the butt? I don't know. Personally, I consider that this former bodyguard is looking for a paycheck, If not, then he will forego all monetary rewards for justice for the poor little Spears boy. I'm just guessing, though. It's Hollywood and the music industry. Much money to be made there for a clever person.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Violence is the tool of the weak.

Here is a story of discipline to the extreme.

(BEGIN SNIPPET)

www.vancouversun.com... Washington+State/3211562/story.html

Local police said they arrived at the family's rented vacation home shortly after 6 p.m. Sunday to find Clare's body in a pool of blood on the kitchen floor. Her throat had been slashed.

A "stoic" Wilson, from Abbotsford, B.C., was arrested at the scene, said police. He later confessed to police, according to a statement released by the Mason County Sheriff's Office.

The statement said that the 29-year-old killed the girl following a fight with his wife, Sarah Wilson, about disciplining the children.

Wilson told his wife "not to worry" and that he would "take care of things" before taking Clare downstairs, the statement said. A short time later, the mother heard a scream and went downstairs where she found her daughter laying in the kitchen clutching her throat.

She died at the scene.

Read more: www.vancouversun.com... Washington+State/3211562/story.html#ixzz0sQAKAdX4

(END SNIPPET)

When violence is taught to children as punishment for a perceived wrong we send a message to the child that to react with violence is an acceptable response to a perceived wrong.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe
reply to post by yuefo

"I got the belt from my dad and spoon from my mom. I hated them for it."

That was then.... do you still hate them now?

No, I disrespect them. It permanently sours the relationship because the child knows the relationship is uneven, that love and kindness is conditional. Those are the parent/child relationships where the parent is still critical, demanding, "parental" long after the child has grown into an adult of 20, 30, 40, 50, it doesn't matter. That parent never grows out of the role of parent, and that's sad.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
Corporal punishment is a parent's way of showing a child that violence is a solution. A parent that is a guide to a child, not a dictator, doesn't need to physically punish. There is no communication when a parent does this, only a bully's ego dominating someone weaker and inexperienced. It's cowardly and lazy.

wow. i dont know if i can agree with that fully.
i guess i would not use a belt on my daughter but i guess a spank on her bottom would be ok if shes really "naughty"...

does everyone agree that boys shld be disciplined differently compared to girls?

btw, i attended a catholic mission school and i got my ass caned twice iirc. i was a rebel when i was 13-14 LOL. and you know i was afraid to tell my parents about it for fear id get another ass whooping at home for my deeds at school.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I got the belt when I was a kid and I turned out just fine.

On a completely unrelated note, I've gotta go now...

My dominatrix is summoning me.

TheAssoc.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
My mum smacked me as hard as she could with a ladle one time, but I had already stuffed a hot water bottle down my pyjama bottoms for a laugh, so it smacked that instead. She thought she got me good, Mwah Ha Ha!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
i got the belt strap at home and the cane at school.

deserved it more times than i didn't and got away with a lot more that went unpunished.

not taking extreme cases into consideration, the "authorities" have no damn right to tell you how to raise your kids.

and the old "it takes a village to raise a child" chestnut is bull#.

just their way of trying to get into the kids heads whilst their still young and pliable.

[edit on 043131p://444 by riktus]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I'm really shocked, seeing how many people here got abused as kids. Getting hit with a Belt? A Shoe? No wonder we have so many psychopaths in this world, when they got abused as children.

My parents never did such a thing, they said "We could never hit our children, we love them too much". I guess those parents that abuse their kids have no real love for them or think that physically and mentally hurting them is the way to teach a child.
Like i said, my parents never did such a thing, if we kids did something bad (and besides some harmless pranks, we never did anything really bad), my parents talked about it, told us what was wrong with it. That helped a lot more than getting hurt or get some useless house arrest.

As for Britney Spears: Overall, i feel sorry for her, she was whored out to the music industry in a young age, never had a real life and because she isn't a real musician but just a joke, she has to live with all the hate and jokes from people. No wonder she went crazy, she belongs in a mental institution.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I don't think using a belt is a good idea, but if words don't work, there has to be some kind of last resort available to get through and like it or not, it's physical. Hopefully words are usually enough, but not always.

Family guy made fun of Britney's child abuse long before this. In this clip, she's holding her baby, smoking a cigarette. Needing an ash tray, she makes an indentation in the baby's head and puts the ashes there, then puts the cigarette out on the baby's head, then drops the baby.

After seeing that, the belt doesn't seem as bad

The belt my parents used was nothing compared to the wooden paddle with holes drilled in it that the school used. That thing HURT! Ouch! All the teacher had to do was grab another teacher as a witness when they used it. I never considered it abuse to be hit by the belt, but that paddle the school used, that was borderline. No permanent damage though.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
back in the day you could use a tree branch "swich", then the belt. Now you cant do much in the way of yelling before you go to jail and if they commit a major crime you can still go to jail. This catch 22 is one of the major reasons I will not have a child. Not to mention would you really want to bring another child into this world???

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Yes I too grew in fear of belt,in old days dad wore the skinny kind popular in 50's can still feel sting,actually events leading up were worse,we all grew up stayed out of trouble for most part

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by deep red

Drug related, thats an off topic extreme example. I believe op is talking about spanking as a form of discipline.

I am on the fence on this. I was raised fearing the spoon, once my dad even broke one on me. I perpetuate that story by saying he then stabbed me with the broken end.

As a product of a dysfunctional family i dint resent the spankings......

i resent the shame used to attempt to control me. Was i a bad kid? No, i was a robot who grew up with much emotional problems. Controlled by shame and lived in fear.

I am almost 40 now and happy to say have got things figured out. I dint want to go into the negative details of my life and how much it sucked due to my upbringing. But my 30's where a learning curve.

I know that the world is plagued with dysfunction. Poor Britney is not exept.........and for sure neither are her kids.

rule out shame, spankings inspired by rage, and we may be on to something.

Now i have a 5 year old step girl. She needs a lot of work! Even after everything i have learned..........emotion takes over. I spank, then feel guilt knowing that i am just as weak as my parents where, minus the verbal shame.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by The Great Day]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

lol ya......reality. Please respond with some wisdom folks. The earth is in dire need.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Using a belt is not child abuse. Of those that are saying that it is, how many of you have kids? Of all the stories in the news of kids doing horrible things, I am certain that the majority of those are kids that receive no discipline at all. You cannot have kids growing into upstanding, law abiding citizens without any discipline.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Fast-forward to 7:40.

[edit on 7/1/10 by Marked One]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy88

I am truly sorry for what you went through as a child.
I was spanked,I was never abused!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

is disciplining your child with a belt child abuse?

In my opinion, yes it is.

I do believe in physical punishment to repremand children under certain circumstances and think that many parents are far too soft on thier kids, which is why there are so many bloody hoodlums running round these days, but I also believe that using anything more than an open hand to non vital areas (arm, leg, backside etc) is overkill and does in my view constitute unwarranted abuse.

You say that your mother used a belt when you were a kid, but that was a different time. They used to use the cane in schools, they used to hang criminals (UK) and I personally am glad that neither of these are still in effect.

I can only ever remember my father hitting me twice (open handed slap), once when I was about 10 and once when I was 15 and I can assure you I deserved it and NEVER did it again, lol.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I was beaten with a belt, saddle straps, wooden
sticks/switches, shoes and a host of other items
that were handy when I needed my ar$e tore
up. I deserved every whipping I got. He!!, I got
away with more than I should have.

No offence, but it obviously didn't work did it? A beating is supposed to teach a kid not to do wrong again, but you kept on going on anyway.

Possible proof against the effectiveness of corporal punishment? Or just that if it's doled out too often, it loses it's effectiveness as a deterrent?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I think its just her ex body guard talking # to try and get a few £million from selling his story to the media. After all he can't prove anything he says.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by SKUNK2]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join