It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britney Spears 'Beat Child With Belt'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Wooden spoon, leather belt.... you were lucky
when i were a lad our mam used to wake us up in t'shoebox where we lived before force feeding us GMO breakfast til we grew three heads,
then our dad would come in n ridicule us til our heads fell off,
then we had to go t'school n explain that to teacher.
Britneys kids.... you lot....???? yer all lucky......

www.youtube.com...

PEACE,
RK

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Rigel Kent]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer

is disciplining your child with a belt child abuse?

i completely disagree. my mom used a belt on me when i was a kid.
it hurt but i was never going to die from it. today, i believe it was tough love and harbor no ill feelings towards my mom.

has anyone else being disciplined with a belt?
when does disciplining your child become child abuse?

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

My mom had an arsenal of corporal punishment:
Belt
Switch
Cricket Paddle
Metal Fork (if I touched my food before Grace I got the fork across the knuckles)
Bar Soap (if I talked back or used bad words, got the soap on the tongue)
Worse than the implements were the neverending scolding/lecture sessions.

My daughter is 6 and I have yet to resort to even a spank or slap. I just give her a glare on the rare occasion of her being naughty, kind of like how my dad did it; he never once raised his hand to me, but his well-timed facial expressions were more than enough to set me straight.

Spankings and punishment are no fun, however, the lack of them doesn't do naughty kids any favors. Growing up scott-free of learning a hard lesson or few doesn't teach "consequences for one's actions".

Shouldn't Britney have a whole army of servants? Where's the nanny and chef and such?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
She obviously needed to take care of their dietary needs properly. To me, thats more important than a belt whoopin'!

As far as the belt....they are lucky. When I was young my brothers and I were beat. I'm not talking about a swat on the backside with Dad's belt. I'm talking about fists and whatever else was handy and within arms reach. Funny thing is, we deserved every one. Now, we are much better off than if my parents would have put us in time out.

I don't want to see any kids abused, but a swat on the butt can be a complete game changer for a little smarty pants kid that thinks they are invincible. Only a swat, a true beating is just wrong.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by sheepslayer247]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer

is disciplining your child with a belt child abuse?

i completely disagree. my mom used a belt on me when i was a kid.
it hurt but i was never going to die from it. today, i believe it was tough love and harbor no ill feelings towards my mom.

has anyone else being disciplined with a belt?
when does disciplining your child become child abuse?

i was just thinking the same thing.
sure, getting the belt as a kid wasn't particularly fun...but i couldn't imagine the trauma of having my father/parent investigated for child abuse due to (what used to be typical) discipline.

its not like she's mommy dearest or sybil's mommmy, eh?

and i really doubt the knowingly fed her children food they were allergic to. thats silly. the thing is, people will probably believe and support this fire against her, because its "easy" to believe with how she is portrayed, but it doesn't make it true.

it actually makes it sad that she has already gone through so much and now these ridiculous statements that sound like not much more than angry blubbering by a former employee. :/

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
When I was growing up and living at home as a small child, my dad
used to take off his belt and whip my behind. The first thing he always
said was, "this is going to hurt me more than you". I never really
understood that saying until I raised four children of my own.

That's the way things were done in the 50's. Yes, some of us were
raised during this time.

And one other thing, I never grew up to be the neighborhood hatchet
killer, or turn violent towards society, or become a mean person because
of getting an a$$ whooping from my dad. I thank my mom and dad for
setting me straight.

I also say, keep the freaking government and state officials and busy
bodies and nosey creeps out of raising our children. Our country would
be a much better place by disciplining our kids. Getting a spanking is
one thing that should be going on all around this country, including
our schools. I remember one of those in school once, and I never bad
mouthed a teacher again.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by endtimer]

[edit on 1-7-2010 by endtimer]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

There is no communication when a parent does this, only a bully's ego dominating someone weaker and inexperienced. It's cowardly and lazy.

Oh bullcrap! My two nephews got their butts busted more than once. They were also smothered in love from their parents. From the time they were little kids there was nothing they couldn't talk to their parents, or me, about. There was not a day that went by when they were not hugged and told they were loved more than life itself. They are now grown with kids of their own. They are still smothered in love by their mom - their dad passed away. There is still nothing they won't discuss with their mom or me. They are still hugged and told they are loved every time they come home.

They grew up to be an engineer and a paramedic. My niece is a RN, but she was such a good kid she never needed her butt busted. None of them did drugs or drink, had an unwanted pregnancy, or got in trouble in any way. They made good grades and participated in all sorts of sports and activities.

All three now have kids and those kids also get their butts busted when they need it. And those kids are loved beyond measure, hugged and told they are loved, and know they can talk to their parents, Baca (grandmother in their father's original language) and Aunt Granma about anything. They are all sweet, lovable, WELL BEHAVED kids.

I could load all 7 of them up and take them anywhere and I know I wouldn't have a bit of problem with any of them.

None of the kids were ever "beaten" but they all got the belt or a spoon when necessary.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

i was never going to die from it

So it's only abuse if someone dies from it?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Brittney is a hillbilly from Missouri. Hit your children if you want to be like her. She has mental problems but I think she is not doing anything too wrong.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
reply to post by FuGGer

i was never going to die from it

So it's only abuse if someone dies from it?

from a belt to the rear?

this is the thing people don't seem to understand in this day and age: violent, bullying abuse is leaps and bounds different than using a belt, hand or otherwise for discipline.

i do not discipline my kids with spanking, but i was disciplined this way at times and my sister was not. i fared much better than she did, i'll say that.

when one witnesses true abuse it is very clear, yet some people see what they deem as too severe of punishment being dished out and yell "abuse!" when it isn't even close.

it demonizes parents role as disciplinarians, and encourages parents to let go of the reigns for fear of being accused of Abuse. imo.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
My dad's choice of punishment was the belt, yea it hurt like a dickens at the time but us kids came out OK.

My mom preferred the switch and we got our legs tingled with it many times. And if we talked back or said something bad dad would either get out the bar of soap to lather our tongues or he would get the Tabasco sauce and dot our tongues with it...whew we sure did bounce around with the hot sauce...I hated that one.

But we was not abused or beaten. I turned out to be a normal adult with no psychological problems from whippings with a belt or the switch.

But I see a huge problem in our society today.Certain People who commit crimes, whether it be murder, rape, child abuse, theft or what ever, they want to blame their upbringing....They say they was abused and so forth and thats the life that they have always known...Bull Crap!

The problem with that is they want an EXCUSE to justify their behavior....
Stop blaming your past circumstance and take responsibility for your own darn actions...It just makes me sick...

And I agree with most, government needs to keep their noses out of the parents business concerning discipline. But real abuse is a different story, you beat your child and cause it physical harm, then they need to be punished for it...But the few slaps of a belt or switch , come on!!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

Shooooooot... I wish it was a belt.. mine was much more well thought out and sinister..

I had to go out and get my own switch off this little tree... damn that was a painful tree...

Truth be told.. I was a hellion and needed the fear to keep me in line... I feel I deserved what I got..

Now with my kids.. I am trying my hardest to raise them so i dont have to even spank them.. but if the problem arose.. I would bust their little arse.

My mom was to easy on me ...and would take a while to get upset..What I am saying is...she gave me to much rope to run with.. when she finally got mad .. it was on epic levels..

I am trying to be much more consistant so i dont need to get midieval on their butts.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I got the spoon, a switch, or a belt....when I was a kid (or just a backhanded smack if it was really terrible...)...

It was rare enough (and I'm sure I likely deserved it when I got it...)

But, at least in my state, that would ALL be considered abuse (legally)...
The only permissible way is open palm, and you damn well better not leave a mark....

The state agency here is ruthless, unchecked, and completely beholden to nobody...I've seen some real horror stories (which is one reason I don't have kids of my own...) the kid could be in a bad mood once, lie to these guys, and your life would be ruined...no thanks...I've seen it, don't want to go there.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join