Britney Spears 'Beat Child With Belt'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Britney Spears 'Beat Child With Belt'

news.ninemsn.com.au

Troubled pop star Britney Spears will face a child abuse probe after claims from her former bodyguard that she beat one of her sons with a belt.

Social workers will also investigate claims that Spears fed her two boys — four-year-old Sean Preston and Jayden James, aged three — foods that made them violently ill due to allergies.

Spears' former bodyguard Fernando Flores, who reportedly quit his job due to Spears' erratic behaviour, approached a government agency in the US city of Los Angeles to report the alleged abuse.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
is disciplining your child with a belt child abuse?

i completely disagree. my mom used a belt on me when i was a kid.
it hurt but i was never going to die from it. today, i believe it was tough love and harbor no ill feelings towards my mom.

has anyone else being disciplined with a belt?
when does disciplining your child become child abuse?

news.ninemsn.com.au

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I grew up fearing the wooden stirring spoon, but I would have held FAR greater dread for a belt than that cooking utensil. A leather belt doesn't break on your backside like a wooden spoon does when you're ten years old.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
My mom used a wooden spoon

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Milleresque

that spoon sure did sting though...

CX

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Difficult one.

I have on the rare occasion smacked my kids on the bum or legs, but it's a last resort to something that has been very serious. Can't remember the last time it happened though.

I have never, nor will ever pick up an object and hit my kids with it though. My mum used to, it was either a wooden spoon or a piece of plastic track used for racing toy cars...and i hated her for it.

I know many people who have used belts on thier kinds, but it tends to be the older generation.

Theres a lot of arguement for smacking kids which is fair enough, but i look at it this way, if you picked up a weapon to use on someone in the street, you'd be locked away.

I'm certainly not going to judge Miss Spears here, to be honest i couldn't care less about her life.....i have my own to look after. I'm certainly not going to judge her on the accusations of a former worker out to get some attention and a bit of cash from the papers.

Belts hurt like hell though, they mark you and don't always do the good that people think.

CX.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
My mom did the belt thing once, i never forgave her.
Slap round back of the legs is acceptible, but use of an actual object in my eyes isnt. Beating your kids should be a last resort.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I think the Gov should stay the he!! out of
disciplining our children.

I was beaten with a belt, saddle straps, wooden
sticks/switches, shoes and a host of other items
that were handy when I needed my ar$e tore
up. I deserved every whipping I got. He!!, I got
away with more than I should have.

I believe that is one thing wrong with society
today is parents scared to death to discipline
their own children for fear they will be taken away.
And that is just sad.

There was a story on ATS a while back where
a woman disciplined her child on an aircraft and
was charged with terrorism and lost her kids.
i thought that was the biggest crock of $h!+
I ever heard.

Disciplining kids is a right that belongs
to the parent ....... not the state

[edit on 1-7-2010 by boondock-saint]

CX

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer

I guess one way to try out your question is to try smacking someone elses kid with a belt, either when you are looking after them or a kid you don't know in the street.

I think we all know what the answer will be.

It is strange how the law works with this subject, if you hit a total stranger it's assault, yet if you hit your most precious loved one it's classed as a learning tool.

I have two daughters approaching thier teens, so characters are tested daily in this house lol....but there are many ways i have learnt to keep a situation calm and not have to get as far as smacking them.

Communication is the key, and 99% of the time it takes two to make an arguement. If you don't react, and can keep a calm demeaner, you can usualy talk over the issue without having to lose your rag with them.

It's not easy, but it does work.

It's no different that dealing with some ATS members, if you react and match thier levels of aggressiveness and ignorance, you can end up wanting to punch the crap out of the screen lol...but if you just smile and walk away...no need for the cyber belt!

CX.

CX

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Then again....my kids come home from thier primary school saying that they enjoying being told off by the headmistress because she's really nice and they sometimes get a biscuit!

I went to the same school, and when i went to the headmaster i got the cane!!! Result....i rarely got into trouble as i knew what i'd get!

Swings and roundabouts.

CX.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
My parents used a belt. My mother would rarely spank us with anything. The phrase "wait til your father gets home" was really dreaded though. He would use the belt, mainly... There were times when he would use anything he could get his hands on. Anything from switches, broom handles, a 2x4 once... Yah that's child abuse...
If britney spanked her child with a belt that's really her business on how she chooses to raise her child.
My sons not old enough to be disciplined physically. Every now n then he might get a small swat to the behind or his hand to get his attn or if he's doin something dangerous. We've decided not to spank though. But then again I guess it depends on the situation.
I think if more parents spanked their children thered be more well behaved children running around though.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I just got some respect for Spears!! Can anyone imagine the brats the Hollywood types produce? They deserve 2x4’s if they continue to screw up.
I salute her!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I think it's more likely that the bodyguard is looking for his 15 minutes and some $$$.

I got the belt from my dad and spoon from my mom. I hated them for it.

Corporal punishment is a parent's way of showing a child that violence is a solution. A parent that is a guide to a child, not a dictator, doesn't need to physically punish. There is no communication when a parent does this, only a bully's ego dominating someone weaker and inexperienced. It's cowardly and lazy.

My son, now adult, is successful, smart, kind, and honest. I never struck him.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

"I got the belt from my dad and spoon from my mom. I hated them for it."

That was then.... do you still hate them now?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Based on the article, I don't think we know enough about exactly what she is alleged to have done with the belt to make a judgement.

If she gave them a couple of whacks on the behind, as part of discipline for something, then ok.

If she hit them across the face hard and repeatedly, then this is over the line.

If it was something in between, then it is difficult to say.

Personally, I think that abuse...such that it might lead to criminal charges or children being removed from parents must be clearly excessive, beyond any social norm that the vast majority of people would find unacceptable.

Otherwise, we get into these ultra-liberal debates every time a parent hits a child (spanking), or deprives a child (sent to bed without dinner), or scolds a child. Any kind of cross word or action can be bent to be argued as being physical/emotional abuse.

Parents need, IMHO, to be able to discipline their children according to what they feel is necessary - unless it is very blatantly excessive. Other do-gooding people and the state need to stay out of it at least 95% of the time.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
dubble.........

[edit on 1-7-2010 by -Thom-]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
dubble again..

[edit on 1-7-2010 by -Thom-]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

I am 55 years old and my dad used his belt on my behind.
My mom used a switch on the same area of my body.I did
learn from these two on how to behave and how not to.
Nowadays that kind of discipline is considered child abuse.
So, people aren't encouraged to spank their kid's.Sometimes,
they are even jailed for doing so.Then people wonder why these
kids' grow up to be undisciplined monsters.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by mamabeth]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The belt was liberally applied in my formative years. Minimum 5 strikes with the belt. Once I got 75 plus one more for good measure. I was 10 when that one happened. The physical abuse wasn't nearly as bad as the long term effects of mental and emotional abuse though.

A few licks with a belt may be discipline but a few licks to force kids to eat spoiled food that makes them sick is criminal.

Common sense has to come into play at some point.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer

is disciplining your child with a belt child abuse?

i completely disagree. my mom used a belt on me when i was a kid.
it hurt but i was never going to die from it. today, i believe it was tough love and harbor no ill feelings towards my mom.

has anyone else being disciplined with a belt?

news.ninemsn.com.au

YES! I'm very surprised with the mild reactions here. In Holland, we had a case of a vicar who used the 'corrective slap' or how do you call it, on his children. That person was charged with child abuse. In Holland, hitting your children as a policy is not accepted, not with your own hands, let alone a belt or a spoon. This kind of child abuse is not accepted here.
My mom used to slap me on a very rare occasion and here I am, alive and well. But she never used it as a policy, and no one should ever do that. So, in my opinion, the case of BS is definitely child abuse. Also, this kind of physical aggression is a sign of weakness when you can't control your own children with words.

Oh, and hitting children is bad for them. Ok?

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join