It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Distance An Illusion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
There is no wall

or no beer

Actually you're pretty correct. 99.9999% of the wall, beer or fridge, including us is actually empty space.

The other 0.0001% is constantly disappearing in and out of our sensory dimension

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
"The actual truth of what happened on the path to the cold beer arriving in your grasping paw is

Ok, like you should flesh that whole thing out into a short story and write a bunch more, cause it was really fun to read!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
In my most vivid out-of-body experience (Astral projection), I experienced what you are talking about exactly. The whole "world" moved around me, as apposed to physical reality of me moving all around the world.

There was a distinct, unmistakable difference. A good thought and a cool theory, but having experienced both sides of the coin...I'm going to have to say it is only such, a theory.

*I understand that science has no proof that OOBEs even exist, therefore my experience is merely opinion and in no way reflects proof one way or the other.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The fridge is empty, I dunno I was drunk at the time.
Einstein went one way, and the world followed, like the sages say it is horizontal but in a vertical sense.
We never travel from the womb, the womb never travels from the above/below world and we never travel at all.
There is no distance none at all.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

There is no wall

or no beer

Actually you're pretty correct. 99.9999% of the wall, beer or fridge, including us is actually empty space.

The other 0.0001% is constantly disappearing in and out of our sensory dimension

I always thought is was a wave thing and not disappearing. Disappearing and reappearing dosnt sound right, but having a pulsed energy signature like a sine wave going to positive then negative.. and the scientist cant see it when its neutral because the instruments dont pick up anything, so it appears as though its disappearing...and reappearing..

Dont know Im not a scientist, just dosnt sound right.

Other wise how do you explain the consistency of time ? The energy always must be there... right ?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

There is no wall

or no beer

Waaaahhhh.... gimme my beer back!!! (The wall can keep its non-wall status)

I also want a really cool pic for my posts-- but then your brain would just manufacture whatever it wanted to see, huh? ;-)

[edit on 30-6-2010 by new_here]

I mean it manufactures the "experience" we encounter, it does not manufacture the actual "thing" that creates the experience.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Sorry to high-jack your thread, but I wanna see if my avatar works.

Wellllll.... I see I need to skinny it up, it's certainly bears no resemblance to the lovely waterfall that it actually is! Tis cropped, methinks...

[edit on 7/1/2010 by new_here]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
so... what you are getting at is I am levitating above a chair that doesn't exist, levitating on a floor that doesn't exist, above another apartment that doesn't exist, etc.... are we communicating on an internet that exists in our brain? if you don't exist and I don't exist as well, are we the same person just different thoughts? I need a beer that doesn't exist

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I actually had that Internet thought too... we create whole other personalities and fight or bond with them??? Hmmm... check the DSM-3 Manual (which does not exist) cause I think we all have multiple personality disorder, methinks! Woah, none of you exist... BP, Obama, why the heck did I manifest them into my brain-mind?

I am NOT making fun of anyone's theory. This is just heady stuff, and inquiring minds want to know (and unknow a few things if at all possible.)

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
You walk to the fridge, you get a beer, or wine.
You have walked say fifteen paces from your lounge to fridge as an example, or have you?
Have you in reality not moved at all.
This is perhaps the secret of the ages.
WE DO NOT MOVE AT ALL IN SPACE< THERE IS NO SPACE?
I admit I hav emoved several times to the fridge in the last hour , but intuition tells me , the truth is here.

If there is no space you do not exist and your thoughts are of no use.

Distance is not just a measure of feet/meters but also time.

Space and matter cannot exist without time.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

time- beginning ......space-heavens....... matter- earth

[edit on 1-7-2010 by ACTS 2:38]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tracer7

Not sure what you are replying to, but no everything exists but nothing ever moves....get it?
that is why God allowed the creation free will.
no evil will ever last forever.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Interesting thread. I was asking myself the same question just the other day. In the car going to Kirkcaldy I was wondering if I was really going there or if Kirkcaldy was coming to me. Did use up some petrol though, so if we are staying still and bringing places towards us, there's a price.
I'm off to my non-existant fridge to get the bacon and eggs out for my non-existant breakfast. Ciao.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

Did God do this?
Or do we suck in an illusion?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This thread puts me in mind of the Ruler of the Universe from the HitchHiker's Guide..."How can I tell," said the man, "that the past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?" - The Ruler of the Universe, c. 29

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join