It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smallpox Is Not Contagious?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Some time back I stumbled upon an article on Jeff Rense’s website entitled “Smallpox” by Dr Vivian Virginia Vetrano. About Dr Vetrano:

After working at Dr. Shelton's Health School for several years she went on to study Naturopathy, Homeopathy, and Medicine. In addtion to her Chiropractic degree she holds degrees in Homeopathy and Medicine.
In this article, Dr. Vetrano says that smallpox is not a contagious disease! She says:

According to past and present Natural Hygienic practitioners smallpox is primarily a disease brought about by gastrointestinal putrescence. Fermenting and rotting food in the intestinal tract enervates, and causes increased digestive impairment accompanied by increased systemic toxemia. The toxins are from the absorption of the fermentation products formed in the intestinal tract. Since those who overeat, especially on animal products, are enervated, meaning they lack normal nerve function, all the organs of elimination are functioning on a lower physiological level and greater toxicity ensues. Toxins from decomposing animal foods are highly irritating, so the body has to get rid of them quickly and must use extraordinary means since the organs of elimination are not functioning well. Therefore, the poisons are carried by the blood to the skin and the body eliminates them in various forms of skin eruptions.
I guess for this to be true those people who had smallpox were actually overeaters.

The article describes the body as:

a magnificent ecosystem and when it finds abnormal and extraneous substances anywhere within its domain, it creates a higher temperature, purposely, to overcome the foreign proteins, toxic substances, viruses, bacteria or other microorganisms. Whatever is upsetting the ecosystem must be corrected by the organism itself. It needs no alien "cures." The symptoms should not be "cured." To suppress these symptoms assures that some other worse problem will develop.
Dr Vetrano goes on to say:

It is clear that the condition worsens because of the treatment. The primary symptoms, i.e. the fever, chills, headache, and backache were suppressed by pharmaceuticals. . . .
She also states:

It is claimed by medical historians that the vaccination process wiped out smallpox throughout the world. However, the truth is that compulsory vaccination was abandoned because more deaths were caused by the vaccinations than there were cases of smallpox. A slight of the hand trick was used to foster the claim that smallpox was eradicated by the vaccination practice. Everyone who had been vaccinated and who developed smallpox was diagnosed as having chicken pox!

I thought about the story that Native Americans were given smallpox-infested blankets as biological terrorism, and the fact that if it’s true that they caught smallpox and died from the blankets, that Dr Vetrano’s theory must be wrong.

Hmmmmm.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Please deny ignorance and go google some more.

Small pox is one of the worst diseases that can be used in warfare.

It was, is and still is contagious.

Have you ever seen a person with small pox? Have you ever had the chicken pox?

I had chicken pox as did many other children when we were living back in the dark ages.

I have seen someone with small pox. There is a vast difference in the severity of the diseases.

Google this yourself as I am not because I feel this is a fact you should already know unless you've led a very protective and unschooled life.

This is a fear many have that small pox will become a weapon of war. And the vaccine I received is supposed to be ineffective according to our government.

If I could get my hands on the small pox vaccine I would vaccinate my family and friends. The pain and suffering from small pox is unfathomable in this day and time. But it is real.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

How this crackpot can call herself a doctor is beyond me! Smallpox is caused by over eating? That's the most laughable thing I've read all day! Thanks for your post I needed a good laugh. What's scary is that someone, no a lot of someone's, will read this and actually believe it!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Yes, I'd say it's dead wrong, and its not an opinion of a qualified virologist. Neither is it the opinion of somebody with smallpox (kinda hard, since the virus is now only kept in labs, and was provisionally exterminated in the general population in the 1970s). Smallpox was firstly eradicated using the closely realted cow-pox as a vaccine.
But then again it's similar to people with Aids being told they can be cured with garlic, lemon juice and beetroot, and all kinds of phoney concoctions. In SA we've seen people trying these and other overpriced "alternative cures" for over a decade - and they died. I think that alternative medicines do work to a point, especially when they recognize that certain unhealthy behaviours can make conditions worse. However, at times they are harmful and just plain wrong.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
If I could get my hands on the small pox vaccine I would vaccinate my family and friends.

I would, in turn, suggest that you research this thoroughly.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

It would be a good idea to go the link of the article and read the entire article.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Mary Rose I am probably old enough to be your grandmother and can assure you I have researched this thoroughly.

I've also had the small pox vaccine.

It didn't have to be mandatory as people were very thankful to get the vaccine.

I also have live sources in the medical and field of science to get information from.

Did you google yet? Please do your research.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

It didn't have to be mandatory as people were very thankful to get the vaccine.

I find the article interesting and thought-provoking and was not thinking about vaccines when I started this thread.

Again, I would suggest that everyone thoroughly research vaccines.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Why? The moron showed her idiocy when she said that small pox was caused by eating! We are all bombarded by idiots everyday. I try to limit the amount that I come in contact with, especially when it is voluntary.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Mary Rose I am probably old enough to be your grandmother. . .

Not that it's important - but I'm 65 - so I don't think so.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If smallpox is not contagious, why was it so devastating to the native American populations?

Did the native Americans suddenly all have stomach issues?

Also, why do smallpox vaccines work?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
If smallpox is not contagious, why was it so devastating to the native American populations?

Did the native Americans suddenly all have stomach issues?

I did some googling on this and didn't come up with a source to quote that I thought would help the discussion. I'm wondering about this, too, and would welcome posts from people who have researched this. I'm wondering whether we have original source information such as journals or letters or whether we're relying on things said in text books.

My research indicates that vaccines don't work and that they hurt the immune system and can cause auto-immune diseases, among other things.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

In 1982 Vertrano worked at a clinic that was found guilty of malpractice and had to pay $800,000.00 to the survivors of a man who died from her type of dietary treatment. And a couple of years ago (2006), she and 2 family members were again sued for the wrongful death of a man undergoing her treatment in Texas. They paid a million bucks. She should be in prison. But, no, she's still finding idiots like Rense to help her peddle her dangerous woo. See, www.casewatch.org...
As for her resume, she was a chiropractic school dropout and a topless dancer. She put her husband on her treatment. He died. She freeloaded in Canada for a while off donations to her Center for Quackery. Of course, that's not its real name. She is a rampant antivaxxer, falling in the same cesspool as Andrew Wakefield, dis-whatever they do to doctorsed doctor. Her "clinic", looking much like a Texas doublewide is "temporarily closed for repairs. www.roylretreat.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

My research indicates that vaccines don't work and that they hurt the immune system and can cause auto-immune diseases, among other things.

And where exactly is that research published?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
She's a "doctor of homeopathic medicine", that's her degree in medicine that she claims. She's a chiropractor and homeopath. Tells you what you need to know right there, I'd say.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Here are some links for you.
Plains Indian Smallpox

Smallpox, Indians, and Germ Warfare

Timeline of European Disease Epidemics Among American Indians

If you don't believe in the smallpox vaccine please explain how this disease was almost eliminated from the planet? To my knowledge it is now only found in a few laboratories. It is no longer harming the population of the planet.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
She's a "doctor of homeopathic medicine", that's her degree in medicine that she claims. She's a chiropractor and homeopath. Tells you what you need to know right there, I'd say.

Actually she doesn't even claim a degree in homeopathy in her ad for her clinic. She claims a Doctor of Science degree in "natural hygiene" from City University of L.A., which does not claim to have such a degree program. www.cula.edu...

[edit on 29-6-2010 by 4nsicphd]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
You know, this does not sound so far-fetched. We knew from before that vaccinations do not work and people even call into question the whole existance of viruses.

I have seen the propaganda graphs about how vaccines work, and why should they be manipulated, if vaccines really worked.

The smallpox-overeating link is however questionable. Maybe we just have no clue what smallpox really is?

[edit on 6/29/2010 by above]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by above
. . . and people even call into question the whole existance of viruses.

That's interesting.

I have heard about microbes morphing from one type to another. Is that basically what you're referring to?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by above
You know, this does not sound so far-fetched. We knew from before that vaccinations do not work and people even call into question the whole existance of viruses.

I have seen the propaganda graphs about how vaccines work, and why should they be manipulated, if vaccines really worked.

The smallpox-overeating link is however questionable. Maybe we just have no clue what smallpox really is?

[edit on 6/29/2010 by above]

Oh, we know what it is. It is a linear double stranded DNA virus of the family poxviridae and the species variola. www.rkm.com.au... Viruses are replicating machines. They live to produce offspring. That is why they are so good at contagion. Because it is a DNA virus, replication occurs in the nucleus and does not involve the messenger RNA nor does it involve reverse transcription. The poxviridae are too small to be visualized using small optical microscopes but can be seen using SEMs or TEMs. For images, see www.virology.net... The last natural case of smallpox in the US was 1947. The last in the world was 1977 in Somalia. Vaccination stopped because there was no longer a need, not because of any harmful effects.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join