It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by darkelf
I think you would be mentally ill to NOT want to eat healthy, ESPECIALLY after finding out you have diabetes.
Originally posted by MKULTRA
In the upcoming DSM V, there is no such eating disorder listed in their eating disorders category:
Additionally if you do a search for 'orthorexia' you get this:
"No results matching your search were found."
Orthorexia is also not found in the ICD-10.
A review of the literature at pubmed.com yields 17 results for 'orthorexia nervosa' dating back to 2002.
Even if the medical establishment wanted to add this 'new' diagnosis, there would have to be much more literature conducted in peer-reviewed journals. Single case studies and measurement validation attempts from Sweden and Turkey just don't cut it.
or is our caffeine intake increasing due to increased cortisol levels created by other stimuli?
Originally posted by Grossac
pseudo doctors. They add new one every year. They meet up once a year and vote on new mental illness. As per them, more the 50% of the population is mentally ill. I mean, if 51% are mentally ill, wouldnt it be the other 49% that are out of the norm. Kidds are all on medacation, drugs in the water. They are all quacks. They dont even have physical tests to prove their diagnostics. If you break an arm at least you can see it on the xray. With A.D.D. it's just what they think. No physical tests. You have to go on their word.. If you go see more that one so called doctor, they probably will all have different diags.