It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third US carrier, 4,000 Marines augment US armada opposite Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm feeling something is gonna start soon. And another feeling that the Queen is the 3rd Anti Christ.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by i944002

Thanks. Hope you don't mind I cross=posted this word of troop movement into this topic, where we're following troop movement.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
reply to post by Vitchilo

Ok - third have to be Nassau.

You seems to be sure, like I am, that those promised "Summer Wars" are just from few steps away. But I think finally everything goes like it has been thought for years: Israel will start raids and Iran will retaliate against US Forces - then US will answer - as like they have been attacked first.

Thats easy to say in MSM: "Iran started" because it seems that majority is still thinking "with their red pills" that USA and Israel are different countries.

That last paragraph has to get my just invented award for the funniest-thing-I've-read-today, but-is-actually-the-truth-so-not-so-funny-after-all award.

Back on topic - I think you might be right on in your assessment of the situation. Either that or with so many ships and troops in the same area facing off, it won't take much for just one person to pull the trigger and start what will become WWIII.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
Just to clarify, this is a "baby" carrier...

It may be a "baby" carrier, but that's where all the Marines are.

SF

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You're welcome. I'll check that thread out, thanks for pointing me that way. Glad to see other news junkies tracking the other crisis in a Gulf.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Im just missing Admiral Fallon - retired and my favorite top US commander...

"Iran - Not In My Watch!"

William J. Fallon
en.wikipedia.org...

On March 11, 2008, he announced his resignation from CENTCOM and retirement from active duty, citing administrative complications caused in part by an article in Esquire Magazine, which described him as the only thing standing between the Bush Administration and war with Iran.

Does anyone knows where he is these days - any opinions from him?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I have a feeling, if war with Iran comes it's going to be a full-on UAV air assault ... the technology has been battle-tested in Afghanistan for the past couple years.

Regardless, the war drums are not beating steadily enough yet. There has to be an "event" of some kind.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by Curio
Just to clarify, this is a "baby" carrier...

It may be a "baby" carrier, but that's where all the Marines are.

SF

Yes, I wasn't playing down the importance of it - just that when most people hear "Carrier" they think of the big aircraft carriers...........not a tiny 800ft boat

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Russia also backed away from Iran last week, denying the Iranian request for the more advanced missile defense system (which had been requested for some time, but the timing of the denial speaks volumes). In addition to that, President Medvedev said something along the lines of -- Iran has not opened to western demands to inspect nuclear facilities or been transparent with its nuclear dealings, and they must do so --

That is a large break in policy from Russia. They don't care about Iran all that much as long as someone promised them the oil would still flow north.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
In the grand scheme of things, this could be one of two things:

1) No president has ever lost a re-election bid during wartime. So, if war breaks out, chances are Obama will stay president for one more term.

2) This would give an opportunity to enforce: National Security Presidential Directive NSPD 51/Homeland Security Presidential Directive HSPD-20, sometimes called simply "Executive Directive 51" for short

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Drum Role

Originally posted by area6
Regardless, the war drums are not beating steadily enough yet. There has to be an "event" of some kind.

Indeed. When the time is right, an obviously-staged pretext outrageous provocation by Iran will take place.

Remember the Maine/Lusitania/Pearl Harbor/Unsan/Gulf of Tonkin/Grenada/Punta Paitilla/Kuwait/9-11/WMDs.

When the U.S. goes to war, it is always because "they started it, and we're here to finish it."

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Drum Role

Originally posted by area6

Indeed. When the time is right, an obviously-staged pretext outrageous provocation by Iran will take place.

Remember the Maine/Lusitania/Pearl Harbor/Unsan/Gulf of Tonkin/Grenada/Punta Paitilla/Kuwait/9-11/WMDs.

When the U.S. goes to war, it is always because "they started it, and we're here to finish it."

America is evil everyone else is the victim right?

Sickening, how many people actually believe this.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The Evil Eye

Originally posted by Gakus

Not nearly as nauseating as the propensity on the part of some to attempt to stuff words into the mouths of others and to jump to false conclusions based on their own imaginary straw men.

I pray your puzzling and apparently disingenuous comments aren't an indication of that.
:shk:

link   
reply to post by Gakus

No , he is right about America.

Watch and see what happens , they love finishing things that don't even involve them.

link   
Or maybe they accept it because its true. The formula works and has done for decades.

Start war in country with oil
???
Profit

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Originally posted by Vitchilo

www.royalnavy.mod.uk...

Edit to add: Thanks for updated info.

[edit on 28/6/10 by thoughtsfull]

that reminded me of something I read a while ago that struck me as kind of odd, because why would we need to amphibiously assault any place? the verdant shores of Afghanistan, perhaps? yeah.. right.

i dont know if we're about to start a fun new over seas adventure, but it looks like a lot of people are getting ready to throw a beach party.

anyway: www.google.com...

CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. — Hundreds of Marines and sailors set out to sea Thursday for an exercise to storm a picturesque beach in Southern California in a training mission that comes amid a debate in the military about whether D-Day-style amphibious landings are becoming obsolete in modern-day warfare.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
The Evil Eye

Not nearly as nauseating as the propensity on the part of some to attempt to stuff words into the mouths of others and to jump to false conclusions based on their own imaginary straw men.

I pray your puzzling and apparently disingenuous comments aren't an indication of that.
:shk:

I quoted you and made the same conclusion anyone reading that hateful trash would of concluded.

You can get upset and continue attempting to deny that's what you meant, or you could honestly grow up and own up to your own words.

Continue trying to claim otherwise? It's quite amazing.

Now, I'm finished lowering myself to such a level.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Gakus]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
So this was what the G20 meeting was about? which countries have to use their battleships to go to iran...i guarantee that they talked about iran sometime during in their..Is iran even a part of g20? doubt it.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Shadow Boxing 101

I quoted you and made the same conclusion anyone reading that hateful trash would of concluded.

The assumption that your interpretation of my words is shared by anyone is false on its face, since I disagree with it, and I wrote it.

Please come to understand that your point of view is neither universal nor infallible, and recognize that this conceit leads you to error.

You can get upset and continue attempting to deny that's what you meant, or you could honestly grow up and own up to your own words.

Continue trying to claim otherwise? It's quite amazing.

Your insistence on mischaracterizing my position indicates either an unwillingness to speak to what I have actually posted or deliberate dishonesty. Your personal commentary suggests the latter, and I recommend against further travel down the ad hominem road.

If you don't understand my position or disagree with what I have actually posted, that's fine. I welcome informed differences of opinion and look forward to yours, whatever they may be, provided they are on topic and free of gratuitous slights.

Feel free to study any of the cases I cited above, and please consider that I didn't even mention "lesser" events such as the demise of the Kingdom of Hawaii, the U.S. invasion of Russia, countless U.S. military interventions in Central and South America, and a general policy tone that gave rise to the phrase "gunboat diplomacy".

There is a pattern here, and to blithely characterize the honest discussion of it as "hateful trash" epitomizes what ATS exists to deny.

Please stick to the topic, discuss it honestly, feel free to disagree with anything about it. But please don't sully the discussion by appointing yourself my spokesman, making false claims or indulging in personal commentary.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I would just like to point out that the Eisenhower is coming home within the next month...one of my best friend's launches planes off the carrier.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join