It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third US carrier, 4,000 Marines augment US armada opposite Iran

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by minkey53

a year or so ago the air force did just it was off the coast of Florida if i remember one big TNT bomb looked like a nuke though, have not sen any info on it other than what was on the web.

C-130 Dropped MOAB (Massive Ordinance Air blast) equivalent to 11 tons of TNT, our smallest nuke of comparable size was the Tripod launched Davey Crockett. en.wikipedia.org...

It made waves on the web, and the russians have upped us with the father of all bombs (foab) though it is speculated it was a hoax brought on by their panic at viewing our non-nuclear weapon.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
There is a defense against the tomahawk. It is the Pantsir S-1, I believe Iran has like 19 of those..it is designed specifically for precision guided munitions, its main purpose is to stop the Jdams and cruise missles. Whereas the s400 designed to attack the aircraft dropping the bombs/missles..

But I still think that Iran will lose because their are simply so many tomahawks and a saturation attack might take place unless the russians supplied the iranians with more pantysirs than I know about, or have them configured in weird arrangements to defend against tomahawks.

This is the same type of attack that the Iranians can use to sink a carrier.

This is what they need to look out for
en.wikipedia.org...
Tomahawks are so old school it's not even funny. These puppies are literally stealth, carried on Buffs, launched from standoff distance, they'll never see it coming.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by brutalsun

True true, but the russians are working on QWIP, which is quantum well infrared photo detectors which are the next generation in photo detectors and is pretty much a game changer in the field of counter-stealth technologies

Src: www.ausairpower.net...

This is an image from a QWIP photodetector. The russians already have this.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Hey, thats a neg. pic of Six Flags MM smart guy! Lol, you crazzzzzzzy!

I've got a quantum toilet brush, wanna see?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
June 28, 2010
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Release #066-10

Truman Carrier Strike Group To Relieve Eisenhower
From USS Harry S. Truman Public Affairs Office

www.cusnc.navy.mil...

"MANAMA, Bahrain - The USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group (CSG) will relieve the Dwight D. Eisenhower CSG as Commander, Task Force 50 on July 2, to begin a routine deployment to the U.S. 5th Fleet area of responsibility (AOR).

As Task Force 50, Truman CSG will conduct close air support missions in support of coalition forces on the ground in Afghanistan while conducting Maritime Security Operations (MSO) in the AOR."

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springheel Jack

Hey, thats a neg. pic of Six Flags MM smart guy! Lol, you crazzzzzzzy!

I've got a quantum toilet brush, wanna see?

Actually no its not...a negative color picture would show opposite colors..this is an infrared photo from the newest quantum well infrared photo detectors.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Sure, they can use that, but I wouldn't call it a game changer. One of the major affects of stealth technology is reducing, removing, or redirecting the heat signature. Without the heat signature, during a night raid, those black aircraft will not be visible by infrared, thermo, visible, or radar. Not only that, but if Russia is researching or starting to put this tech into action, then we probably already have the next tech ready and implemented as well. Remember, we unveiled stealth in the early 90's, what advancements have we been using that are not unveiled today, 20 years later?

NOt only that, but whey do you call this a photo from the "Newest Quantum Infrared Photo Detectors"? Any person off the street can buy an infrared camera and take that exact picture.

I know a bit about Quantum Mechanics and to be honest, it doesn't even really make sense to call these things Quantum anything. Quantum is for the very very very very ... insert like 1000 more very's here ... small. So, if you needed to find those small changes you may use quantum imaging, but the technology required to make a camera that can find changes in the quantum spectra on the macro level is FAAAAR beyond our current abilities. These abilities are decades away. We can barely make quantum detectors, you must remember CERN had to build a 17 mile tunnel to find quantum changes in particle physics.

I find this idea to be sketchy at best.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by memarf1]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
You don't as many aircraft cariers that were used in the Iraq invasion. The US has land bases to the east and the west of Iran.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by memarf1

Its in reference to a quantum well not a big deal most ir cameras have them. Its a way of restricting electrons in the camera. It prevents you from having to cool the ir detector. you can buy it at Wal Mart and the Russians are just now designing this? Seriously You right i dont really consider this Quantum anything and obviously isnt really all that tech inspiring. Oh and just so everyone knows IR is useless against latest stealth unless you look at the rear of the aircraft and even then its greatly reduced so if you pop a flair the plane disappears. And if your seeing the back of the plane its to late theyve allready killed you.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Oh my God! Oh my God! There are three carriers in the Gulf again. This is goona be bad!

Or not.

Guess what? The CVN-69 Eisenhower Strike Group has gone up the Suez and is now in Antalya, Turkey. They will be headed home to Norfolk through the Med shortly. LHA-5 Peleliu Marine Expeditionary Group just snuck into the Gulf from the East (they are home ported in San Diego) to relieve LHA-4 Nassau which, no doubt will be headed up the Suez and home to Norfolk within a few days.

This wuill leave one Marine Expeditionary Group and one Carrier Strike Group in the Gulf for another six months or so when we can do all this again.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by memarf1

Sure, they can use that, but I wouldn't call it a game changer. One of the major affects of stealth technology is reducing, removing, or redirecting the heat signature. Without the heat signature, during a night raid, those black aircraft will not be visible by infrared, thermo, visible, or radar. Not only that, but if Russia is researching or starting to put this tech into action, then we probably already have the next tech ready and implemented as well. Remember, we unveiled stealth in the early 90's, what advancements have we been using that are not unveiled today, 20 years later?

NOt only that, but whey do you call this a photo from the "Newest Quantum Infrared Photo Detectors"? Any person off the street can buy an infrared camera and take that exact picture.

I know a bit about Quantum Mechanics and to be honest, it doesn't even really make sense to call these things Quantum anything. Quantum is for the very very very very ... insert like 1000 more very's here ... small. So, if you needed to find those small changes you may use quantum imaging, but the technology required to make a camera that can find changes in the quantum spectra on the macro level is FAAAAR beyond our current abilities. These abilities are decades away. We can barely make quantum detectors, you must remember CERN had to build a 17 mile tunnel to find quantum changes in particle physics.

I find this idea to be sketchy at best.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by memarf1]

Well i have a degree in physics and was required to take quantum mechanics, so I can say that the term quantum is applicable because it is semiconductor technology being used in the development of sensors. Did you even read the reference article? There are certain limitations in current infrared detectors and you cant buy these infrared cameras off the street and take those pictures because they do not have the QWIP detectors.

And the heat signature is incredibly hard to remove in the first place. Yes they can make it flat like they did with the f-117 and b-2 but the f-22 has a larger exhaust area...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by memarf1

then we probably already have the next tech ready and implemented as well. Remember, we unveiled stealth in the early 90's, what advancements have we been using that are not unveiled today, 20 years later?

But that argument works on both sides does it not.

Trouble with american hardware is that it costs too much and thats no way to win a war when america is bankcrupt as it is.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It works both ways except no other country has unveiled something as dramatic as when the Stealth Fighter was unveiled. So yes, other countries "could" be doing the same but not likely as advanced on that scale. And keep in midn this is just what the US let out publicly...there are MUCH more impressive technologies under wraps that would only be broken out in a WW3 type scenario-not against countries like Iraq, Iran, NK or Afghanistan.

Originally posted by LieBuster
reply to post by memarf1

then we probably already have the next tech ready and implemented as well. Remember, we unveiled stealth in the early 90's, what advancements have we been using that are not unveiled today, 20 years later?

But that argument works on both sides does it not.

Trouble with american hardware is that it costs too much and thats no way to win a war when america is bankcrupt as it is.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

the uss nassau was enjoying a nice 4th of july barbecue in the....
Mediterranean Sea...

www.kget.com...

and yet, I've seen articles since then still placing them "off the coast of Iran"...

guess some people won't believe it till they see the ships docked in norfolk!

they also had a concert on the nassau a few days ago (must be that new type of torture directed at the iranians, ya know loud rock music blaring day and night!! )....it featured Natalie Stovall and a rock band called safetysuit...

www.cusnc.navy.mil...

but....
the nassau is no longer in that region, she is coming home, by what I hear, to be retired.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CommandoJoe

Several people have stated that the carrier groups are just relieving eachother.. I also have to assume that, if something is about to happen, we wont be able to find carrier placement on ANY site..
It would be foolish to post the info.. unless this is just a scare tactic, meant to intimidate Iran.... Then, maybe we will be privy to locations of carrier groups.

I REPLIED TO WRONG POSTER!!! THIS IS A REPLY TO SOLACE!!!!

Look through solace's posts.. He is 100% fixated with Jews and Zionism. He is passionate about it... But then again.. retarded people are fixated with their fingers.

He is hateful and has some precision placed anger with anything Israel.

He believes every word he types.. no matter how far off base or racist!

I find it amazing that we are trying to figure out the placement of US assets... And you some how crowbar in zionism..

You should read Liebusters posts... He actually made me question my thoughts on the subject.. and I am leaning in his direction..

Your posts are like the evil rants from Stewie.. without a Brian buffer!

Read his posts and take notes...You come accross as insane.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Mobius1974]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

Who is going to attack first Liebuster? Zionist controled america? Or the hot bed of Zionism...ISRAEL???

Lemme hear your take on this.. No mocking here... just curious to your take on this.

--------Oh and B.T.W-------
Liebuster... How dare you post in a thread with out using your "flash" words...

Try that post again... and spice it up this time!

Your RESPECTED Foe
Mobs

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join