It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third US carrier, 4,000 Marines augment US armada opposite Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Third US carrier, 4,000 Marines augment US armada opposite Iran

www.debka.com

debkafile's military sources report that Washington has posted a third carrier opposite Iran's shores. It is supported by amphibious assault ships and up to 4,000 Navy and Marine Corps personnel, bringing the total US strength in these waters to three carriers and 10,000 combat personnel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I've heard it said that three carrier groups usually is a good indication of war. I heard the Truman was spelling off another carrier, but its looking like there are 3 in place ATM.

Last week came with much chatter regarding potential strikes on Iran by Israel/U.S

The Italian P.M seemed confident war was to take place, judging by his comments at the G20 in Toronto this week.

There will be war.

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
With the Queen addressing the UN on 06/07/10 with a plan to ask for world peace; something about this makes me think she could be the 'lizard' erm I mean , the one who is giving the go ahead for the final push towards the NWO starting on 07/07/10. Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Just to clarify, this is a "baby" carrier...

en.wikipedia.org...(LHA-4)

Some pretty serious hardware being massed in the Gulf

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by i944002

Before they jump to the conclusion of war with Iran, consider that there are operations still in Iraq, Afganistan and Pakistan. The carriers are often in a group of ships, not on its own:
1 Aircraft Carrier, 2 Guided Missile Cruisers, 2 Anti Aircraft Warships,and 1-2 Anti Submarine Destroyers or Frigates
And that is not including the support vesels either. If this was a percursor to war, then I would think that they would have LVN's included, and medical ships, along with a whole host of other logistics not mentioned here.
What I believe all that is going on, is to make a show of force to keep the Iranians on their toes and to get them to back down a bit.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
So, it is three around Iran - and one in front of Israel - I see that there is total number of FOUR US Carriers in places for this operation!!

I remember it too very well - Three means war, but I have counted four.

Then we have to remember, that there has been in news that thousand UAV planes is sended and placed in Afghanistan + all the combat planes there... Can anyone give any estimation how much airpower is placed around Iran at this moment?

BTW - Where is French Mistral class carriers and their main Carrier?

Scary news continues...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Any information where US medic ships are placed now? Thanks from important notion.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Quietly, 2 Royal Navy Task Groups slipped into North American waters going unoticed by ATSs alternative news as they where flanked by USN submarines... one at a time, a carrier strike group and the other an amphibious task group arrived in US.

All the while a Prince of the realm rides around North America awaiting the arrival of his Granny from Canada to make a speech at the UN..

Seriously tho, playing around to one side, 2 Royal Navy Task Groups along with other multi-national assets have arrived in Norfolk Virginia to combine forces with their USN and USMC counterparts.

lets see, that's an additional 8,000+ Marines
in a self contained strike group.

The Operational name is Auriga, which when you look at USS Auriga, you may draw you own conclusions from the name, and aim of this little group.

RN Auriga 2010

USS Auriga

Now I understand this little lot are over that side of the pond to practice with those they are about to go into theatre with, and to celebrate the centeniary of Candian Navy later on this year...

However, there are many oddities about this that I can see, and given what is going on in the world I would have a lot to say on the matter, however this is ATS, so to simplfy it down, one has to wonder why this little lot have come together to train 8,000 Marines in amphib landing operations for deployment to a landlocked nation.

www.mod.uk...

[edit on 28/6/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Two Carrier Battle Groups (12 ships each), 1 large-deck amphibious carrier (harriers, super cobras), the entire 24th MEU, 1200 marines on two landing ships and 102 special operators...

Sailing up and down the coast next to Iran's naval base where their 'elite commandos' are based.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
Two Carrier Battle Groups (12 ships each), 1 large-deck amphibious carrier (harriers, super cobras), the entire 24th MEU, 1200 marines on two landing ships and 102 special operators...

Sailing up and down the coast next to Iran's naval base where their 'elite commandos' are based.

Imagine if the Auriga Task force joins in!..

At least 1 light carrier with GR9s and AV8Bs embarked, at least 2 additions helicopter carrier/landing ships, and at least 1 large landing ship dock, and a number of smaller landing ship docks. togther with the usual array of destroyers, frigates, submarines and fleet replenishment vessels.

Scary thoughts run through my head if that lot moves anywhere. I hope they stay in North America..

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Not to mention last week Sarkozy said that France would send it's carrier group near Iran ``before the year is out``.

In other news, the UK aircraft carrier ARK ROYAL is in Halifax right now...

Probably gonna sail for the persian gulf once that witch has finished her speech at the UN.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Here is updated map from US Carriers around the world. But I see there is only two operational now in front of Iran... Did I miss something?

I just read from news that one of the carriers will stay in front of Israel - but thats not mentioned in the map.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Not to mention last week Sarkozy said that France would send it's carrier group near Iran ``before the year is out``.

In other news, the UK aircraft carrier ARK ROYAL is in Halifax right now...

Probably gonna sail for the persian gulf once that witch has finished her speech at the UN.

As far as I was aware, HMS Ark Royal was with the rest of the Auriga Task group in Norfolk Virginia.. I thought the trip to Halifax was later...

www.royalnavy.mod.uk...

Edit to add: Thanks for updated info.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think Debka is counting the USS Nassau as a carrier.

USS Nassau + USS Eisenhower + USS Truman.

There's also the USS George Washington in the China sea, that could sail for the persian gulf in a week or so.

France will also send a carrier.

The UK probably will too.

My guess is that someone will bomb Iran nuclear installations and missile sites, then IF Iran retaliates and sink a destroyer or goes in Iraq/Afghanistan by the tens of thousands and troops dying start to go in the hundreds everyday, the MSM will call for a draft to invade Iran and people will support it.

The royal bitch is in town

That ceremony follows a review of about two-dozen international vessels from eight countries that are in port with an estimated 5,000 sailors to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Canadian navy.

The Queen will lead the fleet review on board HMCS St. John's, which will carry her down the centre of two rows of anchored frigates, destroyers, tankers, assault ships, the British aircraft carrier Ark Royal and a Canadian submarine.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Ok, this might be way out there, but could this gathering of forces have anything to do with the supposed gulf of aden 'stargate'?.

Its looking like they're getting ready for something, too much hardware for just a muscle flex.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Ok - third have to be Nassau.

You seems to be sure, like I am, that those promised "Summer Wars" are just from few steps away. But I think finally everything goes like it has been thought for years: Israel will start raids and Iran will retaliate against US Forces - then US will answer - as like they have been attacked first.

Thats easy to say in MSM: "Iran started" because it seems that majority is still thinking "with their red pills" that USA and Israel are different countries.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This is just the force which is needed to force a embargo sanction on Iran.

The US have plans to stop cargo ships going to and from Iran. To be able to do that they need a substantial force. Because if not, Iran could challenge this sanction with force.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
There's no way they will attack Iran just like that, something would have to happen first like a false flag. So until something does then I'm not worried one bit.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hmmm, Debka eh?

Skeptical, but they've been on the button about the unit movements in the past few weeks, so I don't doubt their information on this story.

I'm really not surprised either, better to slowly move forces in to position so that once the propaganda campaign is complete and there is support for agression towards Iran, it will be easily done.

With the reports of Iran wanting to wait until August to restart nuclear talks, which coincides with the completion of their new reactors, I'm almost certain that conflict or at least great tension is due over the next few months.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys
There's no way they will attack Iran just like that, something would have to happen first like a false flag. So until something does then I'm not worried one bit.

The false flag will probably be that Iran is provoked to attack the US fleet. And that won't go unpunished. That is a good excuse for a new draft of American citizens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join