It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Original and complete Bible found?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Link to the site's Homepage

I saw this site linked in one of unleashed's threads the other day. I decided to take a look and it seems pretty interesting. However, I can't make much out of this because there is only a handful of contact information on this site at all. It seems fairly secretive.

Here's a quote from the website regarding the find -

But now The Almighty has begun The Great Restoration, pouring out His Spirit upon all flesh! He has broken through our lack to save us! In late 2002 AD in the Middle East, a "seeker team" of youth ("youth shall lead them") found a 1970 year old library of true "Original Scriptures" carefully prepared for long centuries and sealed in tight clay jars, much like the Qumran Scrolls, which date from the time of the fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD! These precious documents are being presently studied in ernest in a secure location in the East. Among these, Restoration scholars have found and carbon dated 7 AbrAHUW and Aramaic "Original Scripture Scrolls", excluding Revelations, which come from the lifetime of the MalakiYA (Apostles) and our Savior YAHUW the Eternal Loving King of YAsarel(MeoschiYAach)! They are in 100% perfect agreement with each other! At last, His Perfect Word is Restored for you!

This is some kind of amazing story? Quite a claim they're making here. Here's a quote from one of their free texts. They posted the first few parts of Genesis for free. Notice all the scientific words such as light-energy, fusion, radiation etc.

5 Almighty Loving YA of All Creation continues to accelerate out The Explosion of light-energy into Space from this first YAom (movement of YA). The anti-light energy (antimatter), He called into “The Darkness.” So there was The Darkness and there was His Light. This was and still is the first YAom (movement of YA).* 6 Almighty Loving YA of All Creation began calling out through YAH (americAH), “Let there be radiations from YA* (raqiYA) in the middle of the energies and let there be divisions between the light-energy fusions of one type from the light-energy fusions of another type (the atoms/molecules formed).”* 7 Out of these various light-energies, Almighty Loving YA of All Creation began forming the nebula, the stars and the galaxies and divided these into orbits of large swirling masses (galaxies) within greater swirling masses (galactic clusters)* and so it was.

The reason I'm posting this in the religious conspiracy forum instead of Ancient History is because the authors claim that there is a pretty vast conspiracy going on. I couldn't quite make out if they were saying it was due to laziness or the inability to educate people or if it's all somehow intentional. (aside from the question of validity)

There's only 1 name associated with this site I could find at all. That's Raphah the Senior Editor. There are some phone numbers and emails and a P.O. box in Oklahoma for ordering copies of the scripture.

Does anyone know anything about this?

[edit on 28-6-2010 by IvanObanion]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanObanion

It doesn't say they found these scrolls...

It just says theirs is the true translation...

And you can BUY the complete box set for only $337
(plus $15 P&H)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
This is from the website

This sort of amazing 40 year research by 70 of the best scholars and researchers on earth at a cost of over $50 million would normally cost a thousand dollars per copy and be made available to only a small group of investors or through one of the expensive publishing company! If we had done this, we would have to charge $1000 per download for The Original Scriptures E1-Renewed Covenant (NT)! Yet we wanted OSE1 to be affordable for everyone! This is being made available to the first 3000 downloads by special limited invitation as an e-Book for only $19.99! The published OSE1-Tanak (OT) will be available in the near future! For now, we have permission from the copyright holders to sell only a limited number of discounted web-order King's Covenant of The Original Scriptures E1 (the NT hard copies) so order your copy for $28.95 ($37 in bookstores) before we run out!

The claim that a translation would have 70 unnamed scholar's and cost over 50 million is a ridiculous statement for one trying to get that many scholar's to go uncredited is like trying to get a straight jacket on a lion. Plus the claim that it cost 50 million? yeah right that would mean that around 200 different scholars had worked on it for around a hundred years.

This friend is straight scam.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

It doesn't say they found these scrolls...

It just says theirs is the true translation...

And you can BUY the complete box set for only $337
(plus $15 P&H)

Uhmmm you should try reading up in that link... it does mention where they found the original transcripts... its actually quite believable... One thing they.ve got right where 99,9% of other translations go wrong is their use of the name of god... at least hey use it..

Very interesting find... S&F

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

Hmm OK, I searched and no one else seems to know about this amazing find in the desert in 2002...

Anyways, here's a free link..

oldpisgah.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

So the scrolls that were found are 1970 years old. That puts them at AD 40. It's not possible for these scrolls to be the originals. It just simply isn't. The books of the Old Testament are much older than that. At AD 40, practically none of the New Testament was written; in fact, none of it was.. The earliest book being Galatians which was written in AD 55 (if I'm remembering correctly).

Saying that the original New Testament would be in Aramaic is sort of funny as well because much of the New Testament was written to audiences in places that didn't speak Aramaic; i.e., Corinth and Philippi.

On top of that, what we call the New Testament wasn't ever gathered together in one place for quite a while. That's because the letters were circulated and it took a while to make hand copies.

Based on the quotes given, I'm going to have to say that this is just some ploy by someone in the Sacred Name movement trying to give their beliefs some legitimacy.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
My BS-Meter red-lined while reading this ... it smells like a more advanced 419 scam. Any Nigerian names amongst those scholars mentioned?
This needs more verification - preferably from sources that are not asking for cash or credit card.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I don't think i buy it.. that whole website is just one big commercial.

Find some real news saying these books were uncovered from independent sources and then we'll talk.

These could be anything. They are charging a lot for something they claim god wants to make known to the world...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

A text which is full of modern concepts, like light-energy, and nebulae, and anti-matter, rather gives itself away as a modern text.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

A text which is full of modern concepts, like light-energy, and nebulae, and anti-matter, rather gives itself away as a modern text.

Even though they are losing credits for asking money (wich our creator would condemn), the above argument doesn't really mean alot.. The bible had the concept of a round earth hanging in nothing down a long time before mainstream science came that far. also the guidelines set out for food and hygiene hint at a deeper understanding of micro-organisms being dangerous for humans. so in that respect I think it could be possible that certain words were translated into "modern" words like nebula might not be that farfetched.

They did lose me when they (I believe thats what they tried) said that Jesus isn't mentioned in the original scripts...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Whenever I see something like this it always makes me think of Project Bluebeam because of the way this information could change perceptions of faith and lay the foundations for the whole holograms of Jesus in the sky nonsense.

I'd like this information to be true and I'd love to read what was really written rather than what the church decided was appropriate, but let's face it, if this was 100% legitimate there would be a great deal of world wide hype about it and religious groups would be going nuts, because that's what deeply devout people do when you tell them that their scriptures are total bull$hit.

Great post though, very interesting.

S&F

Rev

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

Dont get me wrong, I'd be happy if this were true and we could finally see what was really written in the past....

Thats IF the story of Jesus, God etc is even true...

Its just that this should have been a HUGE discovery back in 2002..

And if they had of sought media attention I am sure they would have been given all the money they needed to get this out.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Gotta agree with you... if this were true then it would have made more news then it has. On the other hand the bible says that the message would be hard to find... But then we would be reading from a "bad" bible and that would be false as well? Darn this confuses me

UHmmm... after considering everything I lean to calling BS on this one.. Its nothing more then a new interpretation I think...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
interesting replies so far. i haven't decided one way or another how legit this is. i think it's pretty obvious that the bible itself is being used. the question is whether or not their source is real.

to the people questioning the originality of the bible. i'm not certain that they're claiming this is original in every aspect of the definition. i saw it more as that this is about as an original copy as you can get as far as complete works go. i'm not defending them, that's just the way i took it.

also as far as the 50million dollar cost goes. i didn't see that on the site that's a good find. however it didn't say they spent that money. they stated ont eh site that the translators are working with 1 meal a day (sometimes) out of a cave somewhere in the east. i think they were jsut making a comparison.

smoeone has to know something about this. i dont' iknow how big the world of linguistics is but surely people that speak 12 languages can't be all that common. some of these people surely work for museums or universities. someone knows of this.

Saying that the original New Testament would be in Aramaic is sort of funny as well because much of the New Testament was written to audiences in places that didn't speak Aramaic; i.e., Corinth and Philippi.

On top of that, what we call the New Testament wasn't ever gathered together in one place for quite a while. That's because the letters were circulated and it took a while to make hand copies.

interesting point about the aramaic. would the writings done for those audiences be considered the originals? i'm not sure how strict we need to be with that term.

as far as the term about the sacred name yahuwah, when did this come about? last i ever checked it was all a big secret with the vowels taken out. is this new or have i just not been in the loop?

My BS-Meter red-lined while reading this ... it smells like a more advanced 419 scam. Any Nigerian names amongst those scholars mentioned?
This needs more verification - preferably from sources that are not asking for cash or credit card.

verification is exactly what i'm looking for. i don't have anything to do with this webpage other than just being interested. as far as charging for the product i don't see what's wrong with that. if they tried to give it out for free then they'd just be like jehovah's witness' or something.

They did lose me when they (I believe thats what they tried) said that Jesus isn't mentioned in the original scripts...

apparently the word jesus was invented in teh 18th century. previously it was iesu with several variations. notice the title of the J.S. Bach song. Jesu, joy of man's desiring. i always wondered why he spelled it like that. iesu is, again, apparently what's left from the orginal name of "jesus" yahushuwa. ( i think i spelled that right)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
here's another lengthy quote from the site. i'm just posting this so people can see some more of the background claimed by the site.

Link

40 years ago, 3 blood "sons of Abraham" began seeking, inquring, studying and exploring by scientific enquiry in over 40 countries for "The Original Word of God." They have now grown to 77 dedicated men who have dedicated themselves, often with one small meal a day, studying in cold mountain caves to preserve and protect the manuscripts, over 3800 original-language ancient texts which have taken many years of disciplined hard painstaking work! They are our heroes. Without them, The Original Scriptures E1 and the truth of YAH's Word would still be hidden from us all! The truths that we learned through their tedious work were miraculously confirmed in 2002 by 24 other anointed blood sons of AbrAHam (called "AbraYA") archeologists digging down to a long forgotten sand covered town near the ancient "highway to the mountains" in the "original Promised Land" (Gen 15:18), led by His Loving Spirit, discovering 245 Original Scripture Texts including the entire New Testament (except Revelation), in its original language of AbraUW (Paleo-Hebrew) and "EbraiUW" (Aramaic), as spoken by our Savior and all his "MalakiYA" (disciples of YAH")!

provided that the texts are real and the translations aren't i can see why governments are so hard up to get these things out of public hands.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I agree the whole thing is BS, just by scrolling through you can see that the ammount of all caps automatically sets of the BS meter. I do see why unleashed would put this up, see pretty much all he does is advertise for sudden reality it would make sense that he would also advertise for something like this.

this link was comforting
Terms and conditions

[edit on 28-6-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It is said that moses lived around 2,000 BC. SO how is this the oldest script? I have yet to look through it and I already see a date problem. That being said around 950 B.C. was the compiling of what "we know" as genesis being compiled. Chapter 2 instead of chapter 1. surprising.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

unleashed didn't post this. it was linked by someone else. i didn't catch the name. besides, what difference does it make about the websites opinion on these scrolls? if the find is real it's groundbreaking to say the least. this could easily shake or support the foundation of religion as we know it.

who cares if they translated it correctly or if they're doped out whackos. if the scrolls are real it's major.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

it clearly states that they found the scrolls several times??

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I've had a quick glance at the site, and my impression is that they're making a point of getting the spelling of names as close as possible to the original Hebrew, and the essence of their claim is that they're making a big deal out of this, as though the exact spelling had great spiritual value.
I don't think it does, myself. For spritual purposes, it does not matter at all whether you say Jesus or Jesu or yehoshua or whatever.

I think purchasers of this book will be getting a Bible full of unfamiliar name-spellings, and various footnotes and appendices explaining what is wrong with traditional Christian teaching.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by DISRAELI]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join