It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Original and complete Bible found?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I think it will happen. Calling good evil and evil good the spirits will lie to many to turn them against God. We already see that spirits contact people and say contradictory things, make faulty predictions, and can't even decide what the facts are. Do you really believe that spirits can't lie and it's the individual's fault for misunderstanding what they say? It's no different from people believing aliens can only bring good things should they reveal themselves to the world.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

They do? what do they tell you exactly? What if the supposed good is actually evil and vice versa? Which one is telling the truth, how would you know?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You wouldn't know unless you test the spirits instead of assuming they're all good or have good intentions. Doesn't happen to me, but happens to many people who subscribe to occultism and spiritism. I don't think they're all lying or delusional when they say they contact these entities. But these spirits seem to tell lies or contradict each other.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

I think it will happen. Calling good evil and evil good the spirits will lie to many to turn them against God. We already see that spirits contact people and say contradictory things, make faulty predictions, and can't even decide what the facts are. Do you really believe that spirits can't lie and it's the individual's fault for misunderstanding what they say? It's no different from people believing aliens can only bring good things should they reveal themselves to the world.

I dont think there is any spirit other then the one holy spirit of God...and nothing exists without having this spirit within them. I think the experience of individuality is a illusion and is not a 'true self' but more of a sifting ground for the Spirit which is constantly renewing theeself.

I dont think its 'many spirits' feeding humans information....but information that the brain is trying to grasp and conceive in a way that the individual finds acceptable or the unconsciousness finds a need to send a message to the consciousness and images can be used for such a connection.

If a being cant understand something....its not the beings fault then is it? And even if as you say 'spirits are lying'...then again..its not the beings fault they have been misled. So who is really to blame here for the misleading? Humans that dont know what they can not see???????? Does that sound like a work of God to you?? If I have an experience of a alien like creature bringing the message to me....it COULD be like you say, a real 'spirit' trying to mislead me....or it also COULD be my own unconsciousness trying to show me something in my desires, fears, interests, personal attractions...and using this 'preconceived image' of a alien to do so.

Humans have a wide range of experiences of even Jesus. They see him in many colors of skin. Some see great importance in their messages that they are of a certain tribe of Israel...some say they hear trumpets....many different descriptions of 'heaven...angels....ect' are different. There are many believers having very different experiences.

I dont think its the same at all that people who think aliens are 'only good'. I think if any human being truly empties their cup of the ego and preconceived ideas...we all will find the same nature within us because we share one spirit. I do think the 'one' spirit is ONLY good..and I think being in the flesh body is what is the tempter..is what is the cause of the different experiences, for we all have different desires, different thoughts on what we can accept for this creation and experience, different fears about life and there after, raised with different teachings, raised with different emotional responses and attachments, raised with different wants and needs in life.

I dont think 'other spirits' are the cause of a delusion from the truth...I think the earthly body and the experience of being a 'self' with many different 'ties' to the self as a individual from their life is what is the cause of 'what our unconsciousness and consciousness experiences between each other.

All comes from Thee...distortion comes from what seems to be a separation from Thee. Through time, many men come up with ideas and 'truths' and this gets shared and preconceived ideas and images become a part of our minds. What ever one experiences....if a image is used....its an image that was already in our mind to be of use. Its the brain trying to work things out.

We focus too much on these details that man has passed onto us...instead we should be looking for the things that 'life' itself can show us and tell us. Like the worth of love, sharing, compassion, empathy....take all the books away and the real important truth is still to be found.

The brain is a complicated work....and the more I learned of all the different experiences of people and how the brain works in severe delusion like mental illnesses...I had to question what I 'preconceived' from a religious book and had to force myself to study more about how the unconsciousness sends things to the consciousness and how it the two work together in a very personal and individual way.

It is found that the more a person builds on their experiences....the more they will have them and the more they will build their whole life around them. Again...this is what the eastern mystics call the 'saintly' level and that many get stuck in it....for they form their whole belief on the experiences and critical and cognitive thinking eventually go out the window.

I dont think its 'spirits' contacting people...I think its their own self....using images....to work out thoughts, meanings, ideas, and beliefs. The mind is capable of such a thing and we have proof of this in mental ill patients. Im not saying those that have experiences are mentally ill...Im saying that the brain is capable of creating what we call 'experiences' and we have trouble really discerning what the cause of the experience manifesting was. Tragic events in a persons life can trigger extreme experiences. A strong desire to 'seek' things of a spiritual nature can open the gateway for the unconscious mind and the conscious mind to try to 'work things out'.

If a being is true at heart...and humble in their seeking...then the image matters not, for the message will be of love, compassion, ect...the soul knows its true nature of Spirit...but the experience of individuality distorts our true nature. As we find it again, we go through a 'sifting' out what we are not.

I once believed the way you do...but I found myself asking constantly...what kind of God is this then to allow such things to happen that we cant even see. How unfair is it to all these other people that dont believe>

How unfair is it that God, the unseen and unproven to humans senses....sets all of these traps, or allows all of these traps? The answer I was led to was that there is purpose, in all the delusions. There is purpose, in all the things we 'think' we know. Its not about 'many spirits' trying to lie and deceive....but its about our soul in battle with the body of flesh, trying to find out what it is of and why its here. If a being wants to be 'filled' with self worth...then their experiences are going to give them that. If a being wants to know its loved...then their experiences are going to give them that. If a being has some sort of 'fear' about being deceived or punished in any way....their 'belief' is going to reflect that.

Its all about a 'working ground' between what is of Spirit and what is of flesh. The soul, being of Spirit, longs for harmony and unity....the flesh longs for self fulfillment and fills its being with desires and fears on a personal level.

Its much more complex then what I can try to explain...but studying psychology really taught me alot and was kinda what brought me out of the 'saintly' level myself from my own experiences and made me really look at why I experienced what I did...what was my soul and body having conflict over...what was my desires and fears...what was my inner nature and what was my ego nature....why did my unconsciousness use the images that it used...and how could I connect with the true spirit of my soul. Even then, I learned it was not about details...it was about simpleness. What is the simple truths of the soul? Love, compassion, empathy, unity, sharing, offering...and these take work, its not just a choice...it is work of the soul to not let earthly things and life of flesh distract what its true nature is of.

We can tap into many things through the unconsciousness because we in spirit...are of all things...all lives, all experiences. So what ever a being 'experiences'....there is something of use there for them on a personal level.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Many experience 'Jesus' and their stories dont match either. Many believe in the Bible...but have different experiences of truth. We really need to ask why that is and we may not like where that leads us because it then makes us look at our own thoughts and beliefs.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

That's only if you don't believe the truth is what is said is the truth. It is said that Christ's blood washes your sins away. I disagree that the crucifixion is not an important detail. It seems to be one of the important things, that Christ acted as the mediator between God and man as the final sacrifice for all who believe.

l hope you're not offended by my question, but why seams the crucifixion and the sacrifice of Christ so much more important to Christians than his actual life? The way he lived.... shouldn't we just follow more what he thought us to be in life? Christians allways tell us about the sins and all this stuff... this is actually why l was so disgusted about the Christian church from a very young age. All about sins and sacrifice.... this all sounded so evil to me. But l think l have reconciled with Christian faith since l know about Gnosticism.

edit on 21-12-2010 by gnostician because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gnostician

So I take it you never lie, disobey your parents, secretly desire what other people have, or sexually look at married people of the opposite sex? That you don't judge people in your heart, never lose your temper and seek vengeance, never slander people or talk behind their back? If so, then you are walking the narrow path, as Christians are meant to, to meet God's standards and not their own. But then there are still deeds of the past you must atone for, and for future mistakes you make. If God is a righteous judge, then your righteousness must meet His standards, not just your own. There is too much temptation in this world to have never sinned or to never sin. If you are accountable for all actions, then the price Christ paid for sins is just that, so you can make it through the judgment by God's grace.

I understand that many Christians are apostates or hypocrites and are neither hot or cold, saying Lord, Lord, but having no true fear of God, but this is why God will permit great tribulation, as it says in the bible. It also says He will permit great deception, so that people will be deceived and believe a lie, so as not to be saved.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by IvanObanion

A text which is full of modern concepts, like light-energy, and nebulae, and anti-matter, rather gives itself away as a modern text.

Be advised this is how dumb these folks think the average christain is. And with good reasons amoung them being the rise of Mormons and their fake plate .copy whatever. At any rate this junk looks like a sort of gnostic brew right off the bat.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

A text which is full of modern concepts, like light-energy, and nebulae, and anti-matter, rather gives itself away as a modern text.

What makes you so sure these are purely modern concepts? What if the knowledge existed and was lost?
edit on 21-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic

If you don't believe this, then think about this: Why did Mary Magdalena bring aloe and other healing herbs, oils and salve to the grave? You don't heal dead coarpses. Why didn't she rather bring embalment remedies, instead of medicine used to treat wounds?

Well if you believe this then think about this, even if your story is true He was already up and about before she had time to apply her mix. Get it? He even told her not to touch Him yet. My point is that this idea isnt even supported by the text whatever one holds it to be.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

reply to post by gnostician

So I take it you never lie, disobey your parents, secretly desire what other people have, or sexually look at married people of the opposite sex? That you don't judge people in your heart, never lose your temper and seek vengeance, never slander people or talk behind their back? If so, then you are walking the narrow path, as Christians are meant to, to meet God's standards and not their own. But then there are still deeds of the past you must atone for, and for future mistakes you make. If God is a righteous judge, then your righteousness must meet His standards, not just your own. There is too much temptation in this world to have never sinned or to never sin.

Those truly are some wise words and l know what you mean about "then you are walking the narrow path". l don't think anyone of us is perfect and if we are really seeking for the path which you are describing, this way lS really narrow, yes. But l think as well a lot of what you're describing comes from the Church, and what they said to us all "what we should not do". l'm quite sure my Mum forgives me for disobeying sometimes. l was not a bad girl, and l hope and am not aware of hurting somebody really bad in my entire life. And even if l did, l'm not sure if the churches are the 'righteous' judges for it. Everything can be forgiven.

If you are accountable for all actions, then the price Christ paid for sins is just that, so you can make it through the judgment by God's grace.

l really think everyone uf us is accountable for all of our actions, yes, but l do not agree Christ paid for our sins! l really think this is a fairy tale of the Churches, everyone of us has to pay for our own sins! This remarkable person of Yeshua al-Notzrim was here to show us his way, and l really think he was here to show us how to follow him. That's the big difference between the gnostic gospels and the canonical gospels [or what the Church wants us to believe about the Bible], the Gnostics tell us we could even BE like him if we follow his way... find the Light inside of us and l know this is the greatest "heresy" of the Gnostics in the Churches point of view .

edit on 23-12-2010 by gnostician because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

What makes you so sure these are purely modern concepts? What if the knowledge existed and was lost?
edit on 21-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

Yes, you're so right, especially in the Gospel of Thomas the author is talking about this 'mysterious Light'. Maybe that's just knowledge that had been lost?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LeoVirgo

Mat 13:44 “Again, the reign of the heavens is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man having found it, hid, and for joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.
Mat 13:45 “Again, the reign of the heavens is like a man, a merchant, seeking fine pearls,
Mat 13:46 who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.
How much is it worth to know the truth? let me say this I have paid for many bibles that were formed by the masons called the authorized king james bible with nothing but lies in them. the taking out of the name, using pagan deities such as Grace which is a female goddess, Faith which should be belief not the god of fedes? how much is it worth? and for it to get into the hands of the same corrupt system that lies to you for their beliefs to say the same it makes so much sense to me that the father has had his hand over all this and at least i am willing to pay for the the treasure for i have seen a piece of Gold and i want it all! I understand the expense to have it published and dvd made and 22 dollars for dvd wow! that is stunning to me i paid 100.00 for bible that has lies about the name!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join