It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was almost the victim of an Illegal Immigrant (The guy driving behind me was not so lucky)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
This happened to a friend . Brand new Toyota wrecked after only having it for one day. The person's that caused this car accident were Illegal Mexican Immigrants. Not only did the immigrants collect from the insurance companies The immigrant parties tried to use personal civil suits to extract more money from her. Yes, two of the drivers were illegal immigrants. this was a 3 car accident. Well this was red flag to the insurance companies involved in this multi car crash that these Mexican immigrants caused. What they did was criminal, they caused my friend a broken arm and her child was also hurt. They way this scam was found out was the insurance companies paid these two criminals before! The civil law suite was dropped because they were no where to be found. my friend said a warrant was issued for there arrests, I take it they left the country. Well my friend is now in debt 20 grand trying to fight off the civil law suit. and she did have insurance. So it came down to two witnesses; Illegal Mexican Immigrants against my friend. she had no chance from the start.

Time to build that 50 foot wall.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

these happen in new york all the time to me, this mexican taxi driver comes flying next to me cuts me off and slams on his brakes so i would hit him in the back, luckily there was no one in the lane next to mine so i was able to go around him, and on 69th street at sunset in the summer the sun lines directly to the street at around sundown if you dont wear sunglasses it becomes pretty hard to see, you can always see some people (not only mexicans) that will double park right after the intersection in the hopes that as soon as you turn into 69th street and get blinded you will hit into them.

but i must also say that all these people that pull these scams are all here legally, if youre here illegally and have no papers for your car there is no way an insurance company will hand any sort of compensation.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I have made a little money to supplement my disability checks by putting in camera system just to catch scam accidents.

I have done one 18 wheeler and two motor homes.

The truck driver about a month later had some illegals in a car try to drive under his trailer then claim he changed lanes over them.

Only because everyone was only going about 5 mph that the illegals in the car were not crushed.

But the funny part was later when the illegals lawyer contacted the trucker notifying him of a pending lawsuit did the illegals find out the accident was on tape. and the trucker was suing for damage to his rig.

When the court date came the illegal were no where to be found.

What i have heard from cops in some areas in calif is if you are in a accident with illegals with no insurance do not give your name or any information to the un insured party.
Only give it to the cops.

Many police departments have been through this type scams so many times that the only way that they will release the information to the other party is with a court order.

In calif you are only required to exchange insurance information.
if the other party has no insurance there is no exchange.
And when the cop gets there he will understand.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
These are scams. My mother was in one.

She was making a left turn in an intersection. She had already pulled out, waiting for traffic to pass. The light was about to turn yellow and a car from the other direction parallel to her had stopped at the light. She started to turn and then immediately the person who had stopped started up again speeding through the yellow and into the intersection, colliding with my mother's car and setting off her airbag.

My mother was quite shaken up by this and could not believe what had just happened. This was right outside of a Costco where illegals are hanging out looking for work. The person who hit her was a Mexican woman. About 10 illegals rushed to the scene to check on the Mexican woman who was fine, but no one went to my mother to see if she was okay, her face all bruised, burned and bloodied from the airbag. In addition, after the police arrived the illegals swarmed over to them to give their B.S. testimony.

We found out later from my mother's insurance that the Mexican woman did not have any (we don't know if she was illegal or not). This is why you MUST carry uninsured motorist insurance. The woman tried suing my mother's insurance and her personally for $200,000. I think she wound up eventually getting like $80,000. My mother is a hard worker and a kind person and did not deserve any of this.

These scams are despicable and I wish all these damn illegals would get the hell out of this country, you pathetic SOBs. I know of several others this has happened to also.

[edit on 6/28/2010 by pjslug]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a scam is a scam is a scam.... what is your point??? would you feel better if it was an american citizen that caused the accident?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar

Nice try.

But apparently neither you nor that supposed "illegal immigrant" know much about insurance. Or traffic law.

As the car got close you can guess what happened... The old junker car pulled right out in front of the car that was behind me smashing into the side of the person car.

(Emphasis mine)

Generally speaking, the law holds that the driver Exiting, into the flow of traffic, is to yeild the Right of Way to on-coming trafic.

In your scenario, the accident would have been deemed the spanish speaking driver's fault; it would have been his insurance (if he had insurnace) that would have been forced to repair the Mercedes.

Additionally, the Mercedes driver's insurance company would not be held responsible for any of the Spanish-speaker's injuries or the damage to his car, in as much as he was at fault for the collision for failure to yeild. Now, he'll probably wind up in jail; maybe be deported.

Unless that was his intention, I hardly think it makes for a very good "scam"!

So what was Your motivation for posting this piece?

What's on your Agenda, Hmmm?

Edit for spelling and to add: Your presence, witness testimony would have been unnecessary; the mere observable fact that the side of the Mercedes was hit would have been proof enough of the clunker driver's violation. Furthermore, any allegation that the Mercedes was speeding (contributory negligence) would be countered by measuring the available skid marks left by the two vihicles.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Bhadhidar]

Maybe they don't know much about insurance or traffic law, but clearly you are not aware of how the world works at times.

I was once involved in an accident in Kansas. I was driving down the interstate, I was between two towns. Arkansas City, KS and Winfield, KS. Between these two towns was a whole area of factories and a small airplane field. It was common for people to be on the medium waiting to get into their proper lane of the highway or completely cross the highway to hit the back roads and go into the more rural areas.

One afternoon as I am driving down this interstate, I see a car waiting to pull out from the medium. Long story short, he pulls out in front of me. I cut the wheel hard, cross 3 lanes, hit a small medium and roll my truck into a pasture. The driver who pulled out in front of me still hit me. He actually hit me AFTER I had crossed the 3 lanes trying to avoid him. He impacted the bed of my truck.

The man driving the car that hit me, I believe, was drunk. He was also the former Mayor of Winfield, KS. Eventually the police claimed I caused the accident by speeding. I was found to be at fault, even though he clearly impacted me and I had the obvious right of way. They claimed I was speeding due to my skid marks. I can honestly say, I was not speeding. I am not even sure that the truck was capable of speeding at that time (It was an old 71 ford pickup that I found broke down in a pasture. The old man who owned the truck basically gave it to me for 100 bucks provided I could fix it and drive it out, I spent an entire summer under that truck before I was able to drive it off his land)

Moral of the story: Just because it seems like common sense, does not mean common sense will prevail.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
where do you live? I reside in Los Angeles, California.

this happened to me 3 years ago.

i was driving in the far left lane, in heavy traffic, moving about 5 miles an hour. i look, and the person in front of me has his reverse lights on, backing up into me. he had a truck, and i had a BRAND new infiniti coupe, which i got 3 weeks prior. we collide, and my car is almost totaled from the front. he has almost no damage on his truck. I find out that he does not have insurance, or a valid drivers license, so i call the police, and they refuse to come out to the scene. They told me there is nothing they can do. When i asked them what would happen if they had pulled over this person who does not have insurance or a license, and they said if that happens, they would be taken to jail, but since they did not see it, they cannot. long story short, the accident was deemed my fault, because 'my car hit his from behind' so by law it is my fault. 'illegals' made about 75k from my insurance company.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by petnodamus]

[edit on 28-6-2010 by petnodamus]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I think you should just drive around and mind your business. How is this a scam if he was at fault. Do you have proof this is a scam? Please provide actual evidence. If he was at fault he must pay for damages and if he cannot pay then the banz driver can take him to court.

You also have no proof he was an illegal, I drive around all the time without my license because I simple forget it. Last time I got pulled over I had did not have my insurance proof so I can guess you can call me an illegal to right?

Please mam you need to show the facts and stop posting your hunches.

Viva la raza.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7
[more

i believe they guys story no xenophobic rubbish here. why so skeptical.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Actually, the scam is meant to include two people, one who is in the accident, the other a person on the street that comes to their aid. It is essential that only the drivers of both auto mobiles and the 'street' (the person on foot) are present. Negotiation is done before the cops arrive (if they do at all).

Wonder why it happened so late? It cuts down on the chance that someone like you will come and help, gives the scammers more time before the cops show up (again, if they do at all) and gives a greater chance that the scammed driver could be under the influence of drugs or alcohol (which can also be used to extort the driver) . I'm guessing that since you did a u-turn and responded, then the 'street' would have got cold feet and not done their part. The driver in this case wasn't well trained, and made a mistake by half-heartedly attempting to hit your car. It's an novice mistake, and understandable when you consider the amount of adrenalin that would have been coursing thru his body.

I congratulate you on stopping. Lot's of other people would have continued onwards (which is what the scammers are counting on)

Just cause they don't speak English doesn't make them stupid in any regard.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
This thread is completely racist.

I'm not saying that illegal immigrants are a good thing. I'm not even saying that illegal immigrants aren't responsible for increases in criminal activity.

What I don't like to see, is when people start labeling other people because of bad things that are common to any other group.

Remember Madoff? He pulled a scam of billions that injured the whole world economy. I guarantee you he wasn't an illegal immigrant.

...and I'm assuming you don't need me to list other major crimes happening in the US, committed by people who are "excellent" citizens.

Labeling people, for whatever the reason, is wrong. Not because it may have or not some truth to it, but because labeling takes away accuracy in your judgement capability.

If you start considering illegal immigrants as the source of all US problems, you will overlook or even ignore other problems that are actually caused by people who lived all along in the US.

If you assume all crimes are committed by immigrants, you will put aside suspects that are even more plausible.

You were "almost a victim" of a scam. You were not a victim of "illegal immigration".

You could have a usual thread, discussing something that can affect all of us, and the only thing you managed to pull off is a image of a xenophobe that assumes that just because someone is immigrant (illegal or not), it must be doing something bad... Or that everything bad that happens is because of illegal immigration.

Last time people started labeling stereotypes or communities, this guy came along:

EDITED TO ADD:

BTW, I do praise your whole attitude in this thing. You saw something happening and you acted accordingly. I just disagree completely on your approach to the subject, and how you introduced the "illegal immigration" thing into the discussion.

[edit on 28/6/10 by Tifozi]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
the insurance companies in conjunction with the legal system are founding these, the illegals are merely cheap operatives, so to speak.

blame where it's due, i guess although i would expect that going gangland on them would work as long as there were no (innocent and uninvolved) witnesses. takes some gut, though.

[edit on 2010.6.28 by Long Lance]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
For a while now I always thought it was a stupid idea to get rid of illegal immigrants, but now I think that it should be done. This story didn't change my stance, but I just felt like posting my opinion because I'm a loser.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheChemist187

You also have no proof he was an illegal, I drive around all the time without my license because I simple forget it.

Huh? You can drive without a license where you live? Isnt it against the law?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
My original reply to this has now become a thread of its own... hope you don’t mind, hehe...

Disillusioned idiots

But basically... we are all brainwashed by the media and TPTB who have an agenda!

And we ALWAYS fall for it!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien

...very few of them seem to be 'illegals' in that country...

Crime is crime is crime.

As much as I am against amnesty and am all for better immigration control, I do agree with you. I was almost a victim of this scam myself had I not reacted as fast as I did. And it was from a white guy. People do scams like this all over the world, it is unfair to merely target illegals.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Guys and gals this is my personal story.

The only thing that I can say is this is my word and nobody else's so it is up to you to come to your own conclusion on this thread.

I understand that people are going to have varying stances or theories regarding my OP and I am fine with that. Again I can only tell you what I witnessed and experienced.

If you find this thread racist I am sorry as I do not consider myself a racist person and creating racial tension was not my intent. You can continue to label me or this thread as racist if you please because you have the right to do so and you will not hurt my feelings.

People saying that crime is just crime and that is that are correct but when you think about how these situations could be avoided if our national security changed it is a very different scenario. If you look up statistics on deaths, injuries, and crashes caused by illegals it is sad how many Americans lives have ended or been effected in a negative way by such things.

I can not say for sure why this incident took place or what the motives were because I could not read the persons mind who brought the events to fruition.

Anyway, thanks for all of the replies and stories that were added to this thread. I think that they added some insight into the subject and they are a reminder to keep your eyes peeled on the road for people looking for a quick buck no matter what the nationality or legal status they hold.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Immigrants have a right to smack anyone they please! How dare you say they did a bad thing. Since we're white, we owe them! Now, we need to give him papers, a house, and a free education for his kids.

Bad thing is, this is all likely to happen. Glad your safe.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
-DELETED POST-

Sorry I deleted my post because well... this is worthless to talk about. I came to ATS to talk about government conspiracies and such. Now all I see on ATS is these crazy posts about strange "Tabloid"-like events... and to see myself contribute to them, now seems to make me feel sick inside.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Shikamaru]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
My original reply to this has now become a thread of its own... hope you don’t mind, hehe...

Disillusioned idiots

But basically... we are all brainwashed by the media and TPTB who have an agenda!

And we ALWAYS fall for it!

I do not mind at all. If you need to stoop to personal attacks to get a point across then more power to ya man.

I am a thick skinned individual and one person's opinion of me will not break me. Not in the slightest...

Like I said in my post above people are entitled to their own opinion even if it is pointed at me in a negative way.

BTW I prefer Disillusioned Morons, idiots doesn't roll off the tongue quite as nicely.

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 28-6-2010 by TV_Nation]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join