It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was almost the victim of an Illegal Immigrant (The guy driving behind me was not so lucky)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
My father told me this was going on back in the 50's in San Antonio. He was in the Air Force and when the personnel would go into San Antonio on the weekends, they were having a lot of wrecks. "Hispanic people" (is that p.c. enough?) would pull up behind a car from the base, then get in front and slam on the brakes.

The Air Force personnel had stickers on their bumper that showed that they had insurance, which wasn't mandatory back then. Once the stickers were removed, the number of wrecks went down dramatically.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Glad the OP is alright
I have always felt there are groups of people that are so bored with their lives that they think a accident would benefit them!
I was T-boned once
The people in the car that T Boned me got 60,000
the passengers in my car sued me for 1.5 million.
I had big old signs saying I was self Employed on the Truck
and a 1 million dollar insurance policy.
I Filed bankruptcy and now self employed with no signs on my truck!
I felt so screwed paying for a 1 Million dollar policy and still had to file
bankruptcy to get out of lawsuit!
the Attorneys wanted 140,000 up frt to defend me because I was at fault for
making a left in front of a speeding car.
Be careful on those left had turns!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I'm just wondering if you stayed around and actually verified this man's legal status in the United States..

IMO if you want to be LEGAL in this country speak ENGLISH! If this man spoke no english then I would be highly pissed off if I found out he was a legal citizen...tell me how do you pass a citizenship test without speaking english???? Oh wait, that's right they give it in spanish too! This crap pisses me off because I have seen many of their scams here in Florida
I don't care where you come from, if you want to live here do it legally!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I was a non-citizen in the US, had no car insurance, rear ended some gal in an accident, ambulance came, cops, neck in a brace etc. I apologized profusely. It was a slight tap to her bumper at about 10mph. approx.

the lady found out I had no insurance and insisted on getting out of the ambulance and refused to press charges etc.

She had to go with them anyways, cops left, nothing ever became of it. Never heard from any of them again. Weird.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I just want to add that I don't buy a word of the OP.

Common sense and a little sleuthing can tell you who's at fault in an accident. Insurance companies can do their own investigative work in addition to going by the police report.

Until you can provide me with a map, a picture, a news report or SOMETHING a little more tangible than your assumptions I can't believe you.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
STARRED AND FLAGGED!

This is a common insurance scam with Mexicans, but it usually involves commercial vehicles because they are known to carry good insurance. One driver will pull out in front and another will cut off the victim from the side as the one in front slams on his brakes. There are usually several victims in the lead car to increase the amount of money they will make off of the accident. This scam is rampant here in Arizona and shows up often in the news media.

[edit on 6-28-2010 by groingrinder]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
wtf it could've happened even if he wasn't an illegal immigrant

[edit on 28-6-2010 by shadow12]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I was almost a victim of misinformation, I then read your post again and....

I then realized that i was almost a victim of racism, but then i realized...

I was almost a victim of ignorance....

Its more than just illegal immigrants that pull this kind of insurance fraud.

The day you don't see "bad evil economy ruining" immigrants and people is the day you realize there are alot more people in this world that screw you over

look at your own government, give it a good hard look though.

Its not the "Mexican immigrants" that are ruining our economy its our own ignorance, and stupidity.

Grow up accept what our what our OWN government as done to us emotionally, physically and done to our own eco system, and if you think the us government is just in their reason, you can then blame the immigrants

never mind the us was founded on immigration...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
so wait
he is getting car repairs for free out of pocket from teh rich white man? not taht this is realyl liekly, but for the sake of argument, we will assume this is somehow magicly true.
hes going to spend more on court fees taht it would cost to fix a beater int he first palce, and risk getting deported?
this thread is so fail.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'm a little confused here, what was the scam? What did the Hispanic driver have to gain?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Illegal Immigrants are NOT the only people that do this stuff.

Corporate vehicles are targets in every big city.

We have crooks galore in the good old USA.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Well, scam or not, the ones doing the scamming are risking their lives. (Personally, I hate scammers).

Anyway, one such story goes something like this:

An illegal was waiting on the busy corner intersection. The person was supposed to fake getting hit by falling down in front of a car that is making a right turn. The person was maimed for life and got caught trying to do the same scam with other would-be victims.

Obama really should cap on these illegal ALIENS. The law-abiding citizens are the ones getting hurt. Sheesh.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

I agree with you, we don't have this kind of problem in Michigan since it's a no fault state, there would be no point so they go elsewhere, yep crime is crime, I know it's a big problem in California, remember hearing about all the time when I lived there from 88 to 2000, don't remember it being associated with illegals in particular.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

WHY can't they do anything?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Who CARES what color this guy's hide was?

This was SICK regardless of whodunnitanwutsizcolor.

Apologists, who are far and away detached from scenes, as of late, are *really* wearing on my nerves.

Walk a mile in someone else's moccassins, and such.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lookingup
My father told me this was going on back in the 50's in San Antonio. He was in the Air Force and when the personnel would go into San Antonio on the weekends, they were having a lot of wrecks. "Hispanic people" (is that p.c. enough?) would pull up behind a car from the base, then get in front and slam on the brakes.

The Air Force personnel had stickers on their bumper that showed that they had insurance, which wasn't mandatory back then. Once the stickers were removed, the number of wrecks went down dramatically.

I do feel sorry for your car. *bows deeply to your car*!!! Oh! I do hope that what ever it was the "Illegal" Immigrant WAS thrown out of the country.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Slightly different thing happened to me years ago in California.

I was the second car at a red light, sitting with my girlfriend in my Camaro. I was about 12 feet behind the first car which was a Mazda GLC with five people in it, a hatchback where the rear window is right behind the passenger heads. Suddenly *BANG*, I slammed against the seat and forward bending my steering wheel. My girlfriend hit the seat and dash. I thought the engine blew up.

When I looked around, there was a '69 Chrysler Imperial (huge huge car like in the first Matrix movie) up against my back bumper. Three mexicans got out of the car. The first car thought I had hit them for no reason, but fortunately for them I was there to cushion the impact. My car was bent above the wheel arches, bumper shocks were toast (urethane bumper covers hid most of the damage), radiator was leaking, and other miscellaneous stuff was broken. Rear of the Mazda was pushed in. Front o the Imperial, little damage.

Police showed up, found the driver had an 'all points address' (field worker). The policeman couldn't verify legal status or give him a ticket. Cop said it was 'unconstitutional' to give someone with an all points address a ticket "Where will the court send the notice to appear?". [I wonder if this is a 'Freeman' thing.] Only thing the Cop could do is confiscate the car since he had no insurance. I asked if there was anything else that he or I could do and the Cop said nothing, he could not arrest the guy, however if I touched the other driver for nearly killing us I would go to jail. I was thinking the Cop would return the keys later and I seriously considered severely damaging the car (would have been justice for the damage my car received).

Nearly killed us. Driver said he was driving 45mph, didn't see the stopped cars, didn't hit the brakes. Had I not been there the people in the Mazda would have gone to the hospital. My insurance paid for my car's damage due to uninsured driver coverage (we all paid).

This is an unacceptable situation. Citizens are going to have to rise up against this without the help of the law.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
the scam probably works in conjunction with a locale that is illegal "friendly" and that probably means the cops also being in it, with "no hablo" friendly stacked insurance companies also, and so forth.....

I hear about this all the time in california. no hablo waits to pounce on someone driving a rich car, smash into them, then get out crying about neck pain, injuries, whip lash, have the no hablo buddies in crime side with them and you are screwed....

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I don't see a scam here.

For it to be a proper insurance scam they would have to engineer something that made the Mercedes driver clearly at fault in the collision.

The way this used to work a few years ago was that they would engineer a road hazard to force an unsafe lane change or have a "push car" to pressure the vehicle into following the scam car too closely, and then the scam car would slam on its breaks causing a rear end accident.

If this guy had no ID or insurance he probably was illegal, but other than that he might have just been drunk or something.

Comm

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

ok... the mex hit the mercedez; what does he get out of that again?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join