It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joining Freemasonry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
At this time i am filling out my application for degrees. I have a question though about joining. The main reason i am joining is for knowledge. When i tell this to the members of the lodge that come to see me are they going to think i am joining for the wrong reasons??

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well, you need to be honest in why you are joining. If you say a quest for knowledge, I am sure they will ask a lttle deeper of knowledge for what etc etc. We are all seeking knowledge. They will explain about the craft and ask about yourself. Then put it all together with the results. But, seeking is knowledge is what we all are trying to get.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Seeking knowledge is a very acceptable answer, that was my main reason for joining, however there were others. The beauty of Freemasonry however is that no matter what your main reason is for joining you most likely will not only achieve what you seek but many other valuable things as well. Freemasonry is a system that no only educates one about history, ritual, spirtuality, symbolism, esoterics but also morals and values, life lessons. It's a complete system which makes men better in every way shape and form.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Curiosity is not sufficient motive generally, but it is better than some forlorn hope of social advancement.

Are you joining a system that awards more than the first degree in one day? Always a bit of a shame.

[edit on 14-6-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I think that master mason in a day is a travesty. From what the guy at the lodge told me it would take at least 9 months for me to be a full mason if everything went well.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANTONIO
I think that master mason in a day is a travesty. From what the guy at the lodge told me it

I quite agree!

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I have good news!

My jurisdiction (Alberta, as you know) voted last Saturday on trying out one-day classes. The debate, as you may imagine, was vigourous. An interesting note: The only side that had any young people speaking for it was the "against one-days" side, including yours truly. The "pro one-days side" nonetheless continued to use the argument that today's busy young men want one-day classes.

Anyway, the one-day suggestion was voted on and lost. It's too bad that we had some controversy over it, but everyone seems to be doing OK in the aftermath, and there seem to be no wounds which need tending. Yaay!

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I am curious to know, why would member believe 1 day degrees would be more attractive? As a young(28) and busy man, I have no problem what so ever in knowing or thinking that obtaining my degrees may take months. I think most the men appling for Freemasonry, know and want to be apart of its history, which couldn't be done justice in one day.

Is there a large contingancy of applicants that are being turned off because of the time frame to get degrees? Thats about the only excuse I could think that could hold any merit, though why would a group want future members that can't take a few weekends or months to complete a task/learning proccess?

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
How long does it usually take for a person to become a Master Mason?

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It took me 14 months from the time that I took my first degree until I was Raised as MM.
Gerard

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
AS i said earlier in the thread they are saying 9 months if everything goes well

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
You will want to take your time with the degrees trust me. The blue lodge (first 3 degrees) is the most important of all the degrees in Freemasonry, its the foundation and if you don't study hard and learn them properly then your foundation will be off, and the structure you build ontop of it will be as well. There is a massive amount of information within the blue lodge, MASSIVE. So simply take your time, study hard, THINK, enjoy the process.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
My reason for joining Freemasonry was to become a better man. A certain belief is absolutely necessary for acceptance and I have never known anyone to be able to lie about that. You will soon learn.

Good luck in your application.

www.onealclan.com

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
What do you mean a certain belief?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
A belief in God or a supreme being.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Alex, please take a look at my post above, I really am curious why some of your lodge members had that thought process. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
There exists today a secret society that dedicates itself to carrying on the teachings of Aleister Crowley. This group is called the O.T.O.. The O.T.O. was founded earlier this century by high grade Austrian Freemason Karl Kellner and German Freemason Theodor Reuss. The O.T.O. became a major force in the occult world when Aleister Crowley became its leader.

something i found..

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
whats with masons and australians?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
There exists today a secret society that dedicates itself to carrying on the teachings of Aleister Crowley. This group is called the O.T.O..

You might have more time to read what's already on ATS if you did a search.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Also, this thread is about Freemasonry, not O.T.O.

Of course, I know you will not respond to my posts, but what the heck. There's always a chance what is said to you will connect.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
whats with masons and australians?

You might want to be more specific.
I'm not sure what you are asking of the forum.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join