It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Just watched a short video on the BP site that I found out about on the Oil Drum site. It details the installation process of the new capping system, as well as what each part of the new cap is for. Very interesting viewing if you would like to know what you are watching over the next few days.

Sealing Cap Installation Animation

Also, to read the article on The Oil Drum, here is the link. It takes you through some of what you saw earlier tonight.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I can't find any ROV feeds showing the actual leak.
They keep showing close ups of equipment, but not the leak itself.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
They are now showing the actual leak but it looks different. I recall seeing the leak the other day and it looked massive.

Thanks for the link to the animation too, very interesting

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

hey thanks for the link to the vid. I prefer not to speculate on what they are doing down there. this makes sense. but i fear when they try to stop the flow, the cracks under the sea floor will begin spitting oil or worse... i guess we will find out. looks like they are lowering the flange overshot tool.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
They just had the new cap on, looked like it got pushed/jammed down and one of the fins got bent slighty I think.

Wasn't paying attention and now the top hat is off again. Dunno

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by trolleleet

they removed the flange. the video posted earlier in the thread is a great explanation of what they are doing. very exciting. one step closer to the end of the gusher or disaster. either way I will be watching.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracer7
reply to post by trolleleet

they removed the flange. the video posted earlier in the thread is a great explanation of what they are doing. very exciting. one step closer to the end of the gusher or disaster. either way I will be watching.

Gotcha, going according to plan then

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I have just found an IRC link for anyone that may be interested. They are following the video with live by the second updates.

freenode... This link should open your current IRC Client.

Or open your irc client app like MIRC or Chatzilla manually.

Type-:

/attach freenode
/join #theoildrum

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

LAST WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IN THE GOLFCOAST GET OUT!!!!!!

they are hiding this info even on ats about operation deep sleep,just try and find it they are ALL taken down
it will happen today
the vid will soon be a 404
which is a threat to national security
trust me

[edit on 11-7-2010 by icecold7]

[edit on 11-7-2010 by icecold7]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by icecold7
IN THE GOLFCOAST GET OUT!!!!!!

What are you trying to do? Overpopulation is Earths greatest threat. Don't be trying to warn anyone, ha, we need to take advantage of every disaster, be it natural or man made, to help reduce this threat.
You're going to doom the planet if you keep trying to warn folks. Stop that!

Anyhow, I was busy, missed them removing that hunk of busted riser on top of the BOP. Saw them removing the bolts, but missed the rest. So, when they removed that top piece, did pipes come flying out of the well? Anyone capture the video? I had my computer off while this was going on so I wasn't recording it.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
What are you trying to do? Overpopulation is Earths greatest threat. Don't be trying to warn anyone, ha, we need to take advantage of every disaster, be it natural or man made, to help reduce this threat. You're going to doom the planet if you keep trying to warn folks. Stop that!

rep by icecold I know ,just using some reversed sciecology

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Update, the flange has been removed as well as two of three studs which have to come out.

Looks like they are attaching some kind of extraction tool to each stud then winching / hoisting on it from up top.

They are well ahead of schedule thus far. Fingers crossed.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
They attached a big hook on what I'm guessing was the extraction tool (shiny silver cylinder) and jerked it off the top of the BOP, and a circular disk was left sitting there. The ROV started focusing on that right right away - did they break the extraction tool when they jerked it and leave a piece behind? That piece would definitely block any attempt to seat the new cap.

[edit]
It was also suspicious because as soon as it happened the ROVs display started showing "Recording Failure", as in "Oh, S%&$!!"

[edit on 11-7-2010 by LookingIn]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Is this suppose to be top hat v3? That looks a little disappointing if it is.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ccda1b699c2.jpg[/atsimg]

It kind of looks like the magical kingdom palace though, doesn't it.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Flange separation in action for those that missed it.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
reply to post by lardo5150

At that depth?

Also, Q4000 – ROV 2 seems to be monitoring them.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by justadood]

[edit on 10-7-2010 by justadood]

Yes, all that stuff floats down to he bottom. Think of all those weird looking fish and jelly fish we see in those pictures on the discovery channel that live in total darkness. They feed on that gunk.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
BOE DEEP SEA ROV 1 i just saw what looked like a broken drill pipe sticking out of the flange! there is some blue thing poking around,

i deffo saw this pipe sticking out at an angle spewing oil as well
as all the oil around it.any one else see this?how they gonna get that out?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I read a report somewhere on the web yesterday that the two pipes we saw sticking out of the BOP under the cap, when they removed it a while back, was not what was supposed to be there. They are unsure if the second pipe is a piece that shot up from below during the gas bubble release that sank the Horizon or if it is a drill pipe that fell down during the sinking. From the video I posted earlier, they are just going to leave it there and drop the new assembly over the top of them both.

Edit because I DO speak English though it didn't look like it.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Ceriddwen]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Are the ROVs operating at increasingly shallower depths?

Over the past few weeks I've read several threads here on ATS regarding a theory that a huge methane bubble is forming below the seabed and may be preparing to erupt with catastrophic consequences. Some have even mentioned that there is evidence, from a NOAA research ship, of the seabed rising as this bubble expands. I've also listened to a similar theory described by Richard Hoagland in which he predicts tsunamis if an eruption occurs.

Well, after hearing these theories, a question came to mind. If the seabed is indeed rising due to this methane bubble, then shouldn't it be reflected by shallower and shallower depth readings being transmitted from the ROVs operating at the well head?

In the beginning of the disaster when it was reported that the well head was a mile deep, I seem to remember watching a live ROV feed coming from a little over 5000 ft. deep and thinking to myself, "Well it's not a mile deep but it's close enough to call it that."

Yesterday I was watching a MSM news source and while they were reporting on the new cap currently being placed on the BOP, they were showing another live ROV feed that indicated a depth of 4933 ft.

I'm not sure that my memory of the original depth of over 5000 ft. was accurate or not and this is why I am posting this thread. If my memory is correct, then I believe this might be a direct indication that the seabed is indeed rising.

I know that there are a lot of people who have been vigorously watching the live feeds and I was wondering if anyone has been keeping track of the depth readings and are they getting shallower? Any thoughts?

(I originally posted this question as a new thread before I realized that it belonged in this thread, so I've slightly edited it and pasted it here, hope I did it right.)

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I posted a reply to your question in your other thread.

Second line.

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join