It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The cap is now OFF.

It's beginning!

[edit on 10-7-2010 by trolleleet]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
What the heck? Im confused. THere is now a second gusher that is swinging and what is that glowing stuff they are spraying into it? Not sure I want the answer to that.

That green thing that you all took pics of and that video clip looks like a battery cell of some sort dont you think? With all those wires and how its stuck in there, it looks like a bomb off a bad james bond type movie.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Back to the green glowing stuff - still not confirmed what it might be but its coming from a unit that is sitting on something with lots of corrosion. What might that be?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It's hard to imagine, now you see it with the cap off, that there's too much pressure being released to secure that leak?? It looks like you could just screw down a cap and seal it.... aside of the pressure underground which might blow the whole thing, and if that's the case, then they'll never stop it unless the relief pipes work!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I got Skandi Rov 1 for a minute and now can't get any feeds. Anyone else having this problem?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I got Skandi 1 & 2 and intervention 2

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I believe the green stuff is anti-freeze which they add to the warm/hot water they send down to keep methane hydrates from building up inside that old containment cap.

So I see oilgillz is free flowing today. I want to see them tip that BOP over when they try to put that big beasty new cap on top of that leaning tower of junkola.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
That "thing" that is spewing neon green stuff is the old top hat. Some say the green stuff is hydraulic fluid or it could be dispersant.

Did anyone happen to see CNN yesterday afternoon when they did a dive about 50 miles from where the rig exploded. The water was pretty much that color everywhere. Phillipe Cousteau was part of it & he said that the water should have been totally clear. Someone else in the report said that the dispersant up close looked like radiator fluid - So Disgusting.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Skandi rov 2 shows a tangle of some sort????

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Antifreeze makes sense as it produces ices crystals.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GATruthseeker

Thanks - the old top hat - sure looks like its seen its day.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
the ol' top hat looks like it has a lot of build up of c?#p on it. gross.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
how long before the top hat reaches the surface?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by iamfascinated

It's probably covered with frozen methane built-up on it. They may want to let that stuff melt away before bringing that flammable beast aboard.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Has anyone seen a good shot of the exposed pipe? I wonder what condition the pipe is in these days?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Free flowing disrespect for the planet Earth and mother nature ...

Seriously, I want to see them fup this up. It's the only way they will learn.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Oh now this is scary. What is this anyhow, some kind of threat?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
Free flowing disrespect for the planet Earth and mother nature ...

Seriously, I want to see them fup this up. It's the only way they will learn.

OMG what an awful picture ... that actually looks like human faces (just at the bottim of the oil where it looks bluish) how freaky is that.

Woody

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
Oh now this is scary. What is this anyhow, some kind of threat?

The ominous lettering may be nothing more than something to help the cameras see which piece of gear is which.... 'KILL' is pretty visible as a group of letters go, and it would seem from the deliberate style that care was taken to make the letters plainly visible.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann
The ominous lettering may be nothing more than something to help the cameras see which piece of gear is which....

Lol, I don't know .. it looked like an obvious threat to me. I captured the video too.

They are probably demanding a hundred billion dollars .. no, make that a hundred trillion dollars .. in cash .. preferably small bills .. or they will release Oilzilla upon us all.

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join