It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
It looks like they are doing some maintenance this morning, cleaning some of that white frosty stuff that's building up on everything down there. I wonder what that stuff could be.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks that the video looks fake? The stream is far more well lighted than anything should be at that depth, and it's very pixelated. Of course, this could just be down to a low quality stream. Perhaps I should tone down the shameless tinfoilhattery.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
1) I agree with yarosh's friend. These live feeds do NOT appear to be showing a high pressure leak. It just bubbles out when it should be squirting out in a jet under high pressure. That's just common sense. And it does seem highly suspicious for them to have live coverage of the main leak but not allow photographs of the surface or interviews with people from around the Gulf.

2) He's wrong to calculate the water pressure over the total oil reserve area. We need to go by PSI and for one mile deep, the water pressure is about 2400psi. And the oil at the well depth is typically either flowing out of shale rock or sand, not an open cavern, so no giant open space is left as the oil comes out. So collapse of the sea floor is a lot less likely.

3) Methane at that depth is in solid "ice" form. It goes through sublimation (from solid directly to gas) as temperature increases or pressure decreases enough, but that is a gradual process. There is no evidence of, and it's nearly impossible for there to be a giant gas bubble, either under the sea floor or in the water. Methane gas does dissolve in water, but in that form, I don't think an explosion is possible. It's more just an issue of it being toxic.

Mods: If this isn't the right place to discuss this, please move, but I replied here because the post I'm replying to is here.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by ttatw]

[edit on 5-7-2010 by ttatw]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The white frosty stuff is probably methane ice - that is what they have had buildup problems with before.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The pressure in PSI is the pressure on a square inch but you have to take in consideration that a cavern is not looking exacly as they show it... In the pictures/illustrations of the deposit they pretty much draw a mountain like shape (always perfectly drilled at the very top) full of oil while the deposits can have various forms/shapes as well as very diffrent rock formations that they are embedded in (some are just like underground lakes others like you said are varoius rock fomations with oil between the layers). As far as methane you are correct at that depth it is in a frozen from (crystals) but the big question is since it's coming from the wellhead in a gas form then there has to be a heat source underneath the surface... Nobody ever attempted to nuke a methane deposit in any form and of unknown size (since there is supposed to be billions of gallons of oil then at a ratio of 40% there would be billions of gallons of methane). Normal ratio in oil wells i about 5% so this well is definately not our standard scenario.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Re: the pressure at the well head. The pressure must be documented somewhere, BP would have to know that number if they intend to make the bottom kill through the relief well work. So, the pressure is obviously know, but has it been documented online somewhere? I recall someone saying the pressure at the BOP was reported to be around 40,000 psi, but I can't find anything definitive mentioned by BP. They obviously do know the pressures they are dealing with, otherwise they wouldn't be trying to drill those relief wells.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
There is few more interesting details. There has been multiple ocassions that rov's are capturing a gas bubbles (methane?) bubble up towards the surface. At the depth of 5000 feet even if they were released from a warmed up cavern beneath the surface the would instantly change form from gas to crystals and fall to the bottom. Instead they bubble up in the gas form toward the surface which proves that whatever is bubling up is not 5000 below the surface of water (in shallow water normal occurence is methane changing from from crystals back to gas form because of temperature) so we are watching methane bubling in SHALLOW WATER. Also the supposed cap (lets call it a beret) is capturing only 50% of the flow so what should be happening is the uncapctured 50% percent of flow consists of 60% that is oil that flows upwards but there should be another 40% of methane that outflows the beret (cap) and at that depth and temperature should instantly change the form to ice crystals that do not flow upwards... They should immediately fall to the bottom in form of ice crystals. So around the wellhead there should be tons of frozen methane, but there is none, just standard seafloor... Also at that depth as somebody correctly stated there is no light it's pitch black, adding the oil plumes that should be floating over the disaster area pitch black is pitch black... Yet suprisingly there is light, actually not a very bad lighting exactly like in shallow water... it's just suprise after suprise after suprise and it all fit's the official government version...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Not billions. At 4 mil. gal /day, for 75 days, and 40%, that would be 120 mil gal of methane.

Can you trust what BP reports as the wellhead pressure? Not if the live video is not the real leak at MC 252 BOP.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I agree that the methane (at least some/most of it) should be turning to ice as it expands and cools coming from the pipe (or top of BOP). But the BOP is 6 stories high and I don't recall seeing video of the sea floor around the base of the BOP. I don't watch as much as some of you because I have a slow connection, so maybe others have seen it.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
My source state this reservoir they hit, and it's not by any means a standard oil deposit blew up so violently because the pressure turned up to be in the area of 80-100 thousnad psi (very very rare occurance), the wellhead with the whole pipe would be either sucked in or blown out instantly... That would be why there would be 12 feeds showing the piping is still in place proving to us that nothing has extraordinary has happened. The Macondo deposit is among the largest known to man and sometimes you hit a suprise (something we are really not ready to deal with) so the russians detonate a nuke on top of that (because they don't care what public says, but in this case you can't just blow s$&t up)... unfotunately there is no plan B... what is the worst news is that oil companies usually quote the deposit only by a quarter of it's actual resources so the price of oil stays up (if you would say that there is more oil that we can possibly use the price would go down so you say we only found a little bit and the price stays sky high)....

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by yarosh

Wait, you're all over the place. You say your source, an engineer, says the pressure is 80-100 thousand psi. Then you contradict yourself and say it couldn't possibly be this high. So are you the expert now or is he?

MAKE SOME SENSE, else get off this thread.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Re: Well potential pressure at the ocean floor:

I do not believe you could know this for sure without capping the well and taking a reading.

I think you could however use the 2400psi at one mile depth, or whatever the water pressure is at that depth and use that for a base or static pressure. Then take the opening size and calc. the area. Then a velocity pressure reading must be taken with some sort of pitot tube at the opening. With that info, you could calc. the volume of oil, but not the pressure holding capacity. Knowing the length of the well pipe and diameter, static pressure losses can be calculated for the depth, and potential pressure could be estimated.

I must agree that I view the oil's apparent velocity at the sea floor as low.
I would expect a longer uniform flow without dispersion, but considering the waters high viscosity, the venturi effect of fresh water rising with the oil, and the temperature differential, that the turbulence is very high.

[edit] I would assume the potential pressure is dropping as it vents over time, so it may become feasable to cap it, but it would blow off if the pressure went too high.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by SLaPPiE]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hello guys, long time reader.
I found this article on a major news site here in Australia and thought id share it.
couldnt start a new thread so sorry for being off topic, hope a mod or someone can create a thread on it.

Cheers

www.heraldsun.com.au...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I just had a few comments to make re: the current discussion.

1st - the reason you see dispersion is because of the top hat which in my understanding is HUGE & very heavy. When the top hat is removed it goes straight up with two columns of flow - one black, one a reddish brown. I assume one of these is oil & the other gas. I did hear one theory that when the explosion happened, that part of the pipe did shoot up into the top which might be why the flows look like that - this of course is just speculation.

2nd. I think most people who have been watching this for several days would confirm that they have seen "snow" all over the place. Some of the equipment down there is covered in what some have said is methane ice. It has collected on the top hat several times & they have had to clean it off.

I'm not denying that things have seemed very fishy with the feeds at various points throughout my viewing but I tend to believe that they are real, even if they have been manipulated at times. I know one thing, if that is fake or not in deepwater, I sure as He!! would like to know what they are filming.

That's all. Carry on.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Could someone please give me an angle on my conspiracy theory regarding the BP stuff up

Theory:

Was the BP oil stuff up a direct result of sabotage designed to undermine Obama or the democratic government? I find the "timing" of the russian spy scandal also surprising.

I mean, could it be done? especially when the war is going no where.... Osama Bin Laden is not been found anywhere just like the black boxes from the downed airliners in 7/11 - for the first time in aviation history might I add and one building falling by itself without being hit (just to mention a few)

Is there any reason to suspect any foul play here? Please just your thoughts, not abuse or silly comments.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rugby

Could someone please give me an angle on my conspiracy theory regarding the BP stuff up

Theory:

Was the BP oil stuff up a direct result of sabotage designed to undermine Obama or the democratic government? I find the "timing" of the russian spy scandal also surprising.

I mean, could it be done? especially when the war is going no where.... Osama Bin Laden is not been found anywhere just like the black boxes from the downed airliners in 7/11 - for the first time in aviation history might I add and one building falling by itself without being hit (just to mention a few)

Is there any reason to suspect any foul play here? Please just your thoughts, not abuse or silly comments.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

please dont derail this thread , It is for discussion on the rov feeds

not speculating about osama downed airliners or wtc7

thanks

~Meathead

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
two rov's monitoring the bop/top hat. the flow looks like usual. the boa rov's are doing something with "jumper ops"? Not sure what the dangly thing is they are monitoring. skandi 2 says "free standing riser op" but all I see is water.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Not sure how to embed this. Water boiling like acid??? Nasty...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Vexatious Vex]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
My handle is "Corexit" on www.livestream.com... chat.
I was gagged while providing links to online information for other users.

One of the links I provided was: www.youtube.com...
and other info found on your site and other independent resources. Attached is the screenshot. They are suppressing all info and people should be made aware.

The 1st amendment is not for sale.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
As you all know this story is huge,.. On other threads of the BP issue, there has been a poster that has stated they were evacuating,.. That OP I believe hasn't returned. another poster has stated that their lawns, trees, and overall greenery are drying up.
what I don't understand is, if these things are really going on then why is no one getting to the local news affiliates and the major ones like Anderson Cooper. I am sure they would like to be made aware of this.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join