It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by telfyr

"you can get most information a few pages back."
That's the thing, almost nothing posted since I went to bed, and I was out all day and looked back on the day and nothing posted. Hence the post.

Apologies for the sub-station stuff, didn't know that vein of conspiracy was going on in this thread, I thought it was about "up to the minute" on the seabed, containment, wildlife etc. So if I missed the "invitation" to discuss such, apologies.

I do think about what I am posting, and I am fully aware of just how many people are dipping in my friend.

Keep up the great posts.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tryin2follow

There are tropical disturbances in or near the gulf right now. One of them has a good chance of becoming a cylone in the next 48 hours. Could be the reason for the increase wave action down there.

2. A vigorous tropical disturbance located over the northwestern Caribbean Sea is becoming better organized. Although there does not appear to be a closed surface circulation at this time, nearby ship and buoy observations indicated winds of tropical-storm-force briefly occurred in association with this system during the past few hours. Environmental conditions are conducive for development of this disturbance as it moves generally west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph, and a tropical depression could develop during the next couple of days. There is a medium chance, 50 percent, of this system becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. Locally heavy rainfall and strong gusty winds will be possible over grand cayman island and much of the northwestern Caribbean Sea over the next day or so.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Thanks Cerridwen and LookingIn.

Much appreciated.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by telfyr

"an backup plan not mentioned before is being almost completed."

I checked the links to both sites and I don't see what these have to do with it.

Maybe it's because I'm Scottish.

Can you explain what you mean buddy?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Thistled

the huge new hat.
and what ships where used now?
cannot say anything more as of now.
its information that will be explained in time.

its good news.!
bu i do not know anything more.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by telfyr]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by telfyr

Supportive evidence?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thistled
reply to post by telfyr

Supportive evidence?

i did not post those links to repeat myself.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by telfyr

No need for that tone mate. Calm down.

I just don't know what you mean by...

"cannot say anything more as of now.
its information that will be explained in time.
its good news.!
bu i do not know anything more."

It's carrot and stick. You can't tease us all by boasting about information that is privy to just you on ATS. No one will believe you without supportive evidence.

On what authority do you have to "cannot say more as of now"?
The links tell me nothing.

Don't misread me buddy. I am not angry, but you seem to be. Calm down, and tell us all your big secret.

Then maybe we can get back on topic.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
im sorry for the cryptic" talk there.
the links i gave, on smit tak (company) are to be seen lowering down ... a new massive "top hat" a few pages back.
huge floating cranes where needed for that,. (takes time to manage all that)
they lowered a lot of equipment, as soon as the sea movement made it possible.
huge oil constructed rigs with a lot of capability`s.,.
not designed/constructed.
to do these kinds of operations.
time was needed to get extra ships in, to fix it.
the 31 year old fix on 200ft, in the gulf spill back than.
same old same old.
31 years ago in the gulf
follow the links i just put up,
and ask reasonable questions pls.
panic on a new threat yes
mods, delete the email to smit to you're policy`s

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Hi, first post ever to ATS but I have getting my Gulf news here for some time. I came across this on youtube a few minutes ago. Not sure what it all means.

I have no idea how to do the embedding stuff yet. But here is the link

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Here is a pic of the new capping stack as it is loaded to be deployed to a ship, then to the gulf. Just to give you all a size, finally an accurate one, of what we are looking at down here. A few other pics for ya too.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d254c213ccc.jpg[/atsimg]

For those who don't know how the top hat works, here is a pic.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3bcd4f8aab5e.jpg[/atsimg]

A shot of the oil off the coast of Alabama.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e98d9773f77b.jpg[/atsimg]

Just for size info, the top hat is so large that a man can stand inside it and be dwarfed.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by minettejo

Here ya go.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by minettejo

reply to post by Ceriddwen

what has this to do within this thread?
????????????????
a huge tsunami, i waae post with a few accounts on ats?
???????
type it out please in a new threat /
?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ceriddwen
Here is a pic of the new capping stack as it is loaded to be deployed to a ship, then to the gulf. Just to give you all a size, finally an accurate one, of what we are looking at down here. A few other pics for ya too.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d254c213ccc.jpg[/atsimg]

For those who don't know how the top hat works, here is a pic.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3bcd4f8aab5e.jpg[/atsimg]

A shot of the oil off the coast of Alabama.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e98d9773f77b.jpg[/atsimg]

Just for size info, the top hat is so large that a man can stand inside it and be dwarfed.

Thank you!
for some perspective.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone keeping this thread up-to-date and on topic!

Best thread in here at the moment. Thanks for the Info!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

Thank you for these. The pics have thrown the situation into a completely new light. How naive of me to think the container and the gush were just the size of a child. The gravity of an already serious situation has just been magnified tenfold. S**t! Star for you

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Hello to everyone
Yesterday my friend who is an expert engineer in deep water drilling for a major oil company (no not BP) came back from a 3 month drilling trip and I got a chance to sit down with him and get his opinion about what is really happening at the deepwater horizon site. The stuff that he told me just blew my mind. Since he has to remain anonymous I’m going to relay information to you guys the best I can.
First thing I showed him the live feeds that everybody is watching of the wellhead spilling oil and he says that whatever it is certainly is not a deepwater horizon site. The pressure is supposed to be at least 30-50 thousand psi and that’s why the explosion happened (standard drilling equipment is certified up to 15000). So that little funky cap would be blown off as soon as you just stick it into a stream of that pressure. At one point there is a fish swimming through the oil current with that pressure it would be torn to pieces (water jets are used to cut metal at much lower pressure). So he and other engineers he works with are certain that that live feed is FAKE (it can be a video of several other either depleted or leaking wells as it turns out there is quite few of them).

So I asked him what according to him is going really on ? They assume based on total media blackout that the wellhead is gone and there is just raw hole in the ground spilling oil uncontrollably. The hole is growing bigger because it’s constantly grinded off with the immense pressure of the flow. That is opinion of a guy that worked in deepwater drilling for last 15 years.

So I asked him about possible scenarios how it can play out (no matter if there is the wellhead or not), and here they go :

1. There is absolutely ZERO chance that the flow can be stopped at that pressure with any other method than nuking it (that’s why Russians used it because nothing else worked) so either that or let it run dry. Both options are very bad but the other ones are even worse.
2. There is about at least 30% chance of the seafloor cave in. In other situations it does not happen because drilling is done at much lower depths so the weight of the water above an emptied reservoir is not big enough to crash the seabed. In this particular case the well is so deep that the total mass of the water resting on top of that cavern is billions of tons. When the pressure drops to a critical point the huge amount of weight resting on top of it can make it cave in.
3. The chance for methane explosion is about 15% but still should be consider a real factor especially because of the very uncommon mix of 40% methane in the flow. That means that the amount of methane in the reservoir is huge and in case of explosion it could be an E.L.E. especially if we try to nuke it as it was never done before with anything even remotely close to that level of gas.

SO LET’S SUM IT UP. WE ARE LIED TO AND THE SITUATIONS IS MOST PROBABLY MUCH MUCH WORSE THAN IT IS BEING DESRIBED. MY FRIEND ADVISE TO ANYONE LIVING ANYWHERE CLOSE TO THE SHORE TRY TO RELLOCATE A SAFE DISTANCE FROM THE SHORE (AT LEAST 50 MILES BUT HE ADVISES A HUNDERED). DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE BECAUSE IF SCENARIOS NUMBER 2 OR 3 PLAY OUT THE WARNING TIME THAT YOU’LL HAVE IS GOING TO BE 5-10 MINUTES SO PRETTY MUCH ENOUGH TIME TO JUST S&*T YOURSELF. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by yarosh

HA HA! Yous humons have killed your planet, lol, and nows yous are all dead! HA HA! Teach!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by yarosh

No. Please take this to a relevant thread. Or post an image of this alleged fish. Otherwise, leave this thread for people discussing the REALITY of the ROV feeds, not you baseless ravings.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
There is a post on here showing the fish swim through the oil current (i'm currently looking for it but a lot of people have seen it according to a discussion on another thread). I would open my own thread as I have right now an available expert on hand but I'm a member of ats not for so long now so I cannot start my own thread
Trust me I'm from europe and we will not be so affected by this disaster as you guys are going to be. I'm also not a whistle blower but didn't it seem weird for you that there is total media blackout but there is 12 live feeds from the disaster site?

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join