It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticulan

What the hell is that?

Ive yet to see that view, or that image. Is that what ?Yarosh is pratteling on about?

[edit on 6-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
What was doing the shaking I wonder? What's up with the curiosity over that yellow thing hanging from cable?

(I sped the video up 4x)

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Good question, maybe it's their "shake-o-meter" =p

nm, old news.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by trolleleet]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

If you can believe what we've been told, that's the end of the riser pipe that broke away from the rig when it blew and this end of the pipe fell to the bottom. This is back on May 26, before this section of the pipe was cut away from the BOP. There was also a leak at the BOP where this pipe bent as it fell, but as I recall that was supposed to be the smaller of the two leaks then. As you can see there was almost no pressure forcing the oil out. It floats up toward the surface as soon as it comes out of the pipe.

The eel you see swimming into the effluent is probably an American eel, a catadromous species that lives in freshwater rivers, but goes out to the Sargasso Sea area of the Atlantic Ocean to spawn. The one in this video is a juvenile (judging by size), because they get quite a bit bigger.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Funny, watching Boa Deep C ROV 2. They've been trying to pick up chains with a hook on the end of a one mile long pole. LOL.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

to me this looks like an weight meter, with some extra electronics in it.
it sure didnt look good, that shaking surely didn't come from the water flow.
rov was holding on with 2 arms and looked down, the whole thing is shaking.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by telfyr]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Anyone watching now? The top hat is rocking around like crazy again. The whole thing looks like it is moving. Please someone tell me that I am just seeing it wrong

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
OK, been dipping in to watch some of the 'live' feeds over the past few days/weeks, and I am noticing three things in particular today that I don'r recall seeing before:

1. Noticeable movement appearing on the BOP/shaft structure (e.g. from Skandi ROV1 at present).

2. Noticeable movement and 'shaking' in the water which appears to eminate from the sea floor and of the submersible and other objects in the water on another feed (was it Enterprise or Q4000- how is that happening?

3. The speed at which debris and small sea-life bodies are jetting past the ROV cameras focused/fixed on the BOP (e.g. Skandi ROV 1 now) - I would love someone to calculate the speed of the current at the moment - it looks fierce - is that an optical illusion?

[edit on 6-7-2010 by curioustype]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Is it theroretically possible for the resevoure pressure to "increase" instead of decrease? because if anything the Well Head pressure has stayed fairly constant after 70 odd days of "Blow Out" and should we have not noticed SOME relief in pressure, just naturally???
ANYONE?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Anyone else watching Skandi ROV 1 - the oscillations/movement that appears to be happening to the BOP seems to be increasing - it's quite violent looking to me...anyone else watching??

Looks like when you wobble the bottom of a long wire and the upper end makes circular/eliptical type rotations and oscilations...anyone see that?

[Anyone seen those videos of bridges displaying pre-failure oscillations - it is that severe now - anyone watching - it looks pre-failure - quite concerning to look at...]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Just to go over this again, if the BOP/shaft either collapse or are jettisoned from the seafloor prior to the relief wells doing their thing, that's bad for success odds isn't it?

Because it certainly appears to be shaking at a level which does nothing for my confidence on those fronts at the moment.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I don't suppose anybody has any current seismic data local to the BOP/well they could share?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by curioustype

I'm with you. I am not liking what I am seeing At All. Yes, you are right, if either of those things happen, I believe it is game over.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by curioustype
I don't suppose anybody has any current seismic data local to the BOP/well they could share?

it did look like an earthquake , NOT a resonating bop, or stuff like that.
an quake" update would be much appreciated, yes.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

If you were to imagine what it may look like before it were to be popped out from the seabed by a very high pressure force of thick liquid and liquified gas, I'm imagining it would start something like this wouldn't it - wobbling shaking and juddering, I even think I detected a kind of up and down movement - like it is 'riding' some shockwaves or an earthquake...?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Man, I was counting on you guys to make me feel better about this. It has looked pretty scary before so maybe we are just overreacting. Fingers crossed!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Whatever's causing it, if it keeps vibrating like that, I wouldn't be surprised if sooner than later it will cause a stress fracture down near the point in the seabed where the well/steel structure is held more firmly/static?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I have to say, I'm kind of surprised that given all the news about censorship, that they are still showing this, that must mean these video feeds are on a delay, surely they wouldn't broadcast a live failure of the structure?

Now you see it, now you DOH!.....?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Well, if it fails, I don't think it is something they will be able to hide for long. In a way it makes me feel better that we can see it. Surely, if it were really bad, they would get out of dodge. Wouldn't they?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Been watching the feeds for the past couple of days and to be perfectly honest it all looks like its getting worse. Also agree with the comments re: oscillating and wobbling. Is a seismic event about to happen and if so what would be the consequences of such an event.

Not looking good at all.

Couple of articles I found that make for interesting reading:

Could The Gulf Of Mexico Oil Spill Cause A Massive Earthquake Along The New Madrid Fault Line?

"This northeast trending earthquake zone appears to connect with the northeast trending Monroe Uplift, the LaSalle Arch and, possibly, to an active seismic zone located in and around Sabine Lake on the Texas-Louisiana border."

"This entire zone through the United States is suffering some type of tectonic activity that I believe is tied to the deeply buried tectonics in the Gulf of Mexico."

Gulf's Evolution Makes the Shakes

New Orleans independent geologist Jack M. Reed believes the origin of the earthquakes lies beneath the Gulf of Mexico. That's not all. Reed, a retired Texaco geologist-geophysicist who has been studying the region's geology for over 40 years, says the accepted theory of a quiet geologic evolution of the Gulf of Mexico Basin is fundamentally flawed and needs to be revised. According to him, the Gulf was and is tectonically active -- and it is the likely origin for not only the New Madrid seismic activity, but also for the Middleton Place-Summerville seismic zone near Charleston, S.C.

Lets just hope something is sorted soon..

[edit on 6/7/10 by StarTraveller]

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join