It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 239
<< 236  237  238    240  241  242 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by asianeko
So basically there is no reasonable explanation for this, and we are probably either seeing false or doctored feeds?

The only thing I could think of was the pressure had equaled out, but then again we would have known that based on the pressure gauges. Have they offered any explanation? Even one for the MSM to spout? I haven't been able to find any, just the reports on how no oil is leaking.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by asianeko]

I think the gauges they were showing were showing the psi on the hydraulics for the equipment, not the BOP or well......not 100% sure, but that's what I thought it was.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Is this the new BOP?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5a84a3e8707.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Anyone watching the weird "negative" looking shot of a big blow on boa sub c 1?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Weird!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f11c4269beb7.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Been ridiculously busy the last week or so, cant believe I missed the BOP removal. Anyone got any pics or vids of it being removed, I could only find a few pics of the base where it once was.

Q4000 right now looks like its looking at the cap that was on the BOP before?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by niblo

Hi Niblo! I missed the actual lifting too....the BOP is still making it's way to the topa nd only has about 400 feet to go I think.....

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
BP: Crews lifting key device from Gulf face delay

Icelike crystals had formed Saturday on the 300-ton blowout preventer that failed to stop oil from spewing into the Gulf of Mexico, forcing BP crews to wait before they could safely hoist the device to the surface.

The hydrates — which have caused the oil giant problems before when the company was trying to contain the oil spilling into the Gulf — need to melt because they are combustible.

"We don't want to lift it and risk an uncontrolled release of gas because that's inherently dangerous," said Darin Hilton, the captain of the Helix Q4000 vessel, which is raising the device with a giant crane.

www.comcast.net...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
anybody has the latst on the latst blow up oil rig in mexico gulf?
2nd

[edit on 4-9-2010 by icecold7]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Well if there are hydrates building up, again, then there has to be a leak somewhere. Question is where? And why have we not seen it? I would really like to know why we saw and have not seen ANY oil, not even a drop, since the cap and BOP have been removed. That makes no sense.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The BOP has been lifted to the surface. Q4000 Below Deck ROV.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Now that the BOP is at the surface, it should be secured and isolated to preserve as evidence. If I were the feds, I would have had a team on that ship waiting for the BOP to come up so it could be locked away and saved for a criminal probe or something. This equipment is a key piece of evidence and should be treated as such. An independent panel should be ready and willing to inspect/examine the BOP. I will take whatever BP says in regards to it, with a grain of salt.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
reply to post by berkeleygal

Well if there are hydrates building up, again, then there has to be a leak somewhere. Question is where? And why have we not seen it? I would really like to know why we saw and have not seen ANY oil, not even a drop, since the cap and BOP have been removed. That makes no sense.

I read that as saying the hydrate crystals has formed while the oil was still flowing through tot he BOP, and was still there.

IS that a possibility?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What say, ye, Watchers. ? The official word is there is no more oil flowing...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

If that were the case, where is the oil now? We know a few things: There was oil and hydrates leaking from the well since the cap was put on and up until it was taken off. We know they were not able to, at ANY point, shut off or stop the "flow" of this well...leaks do not mean the well is stopped/dead. Now suddenly, the cap and BOP are all removed, and now not a single drop of oil is coming out of the well? Impossible. Especially for a well cap that showed pressure until it was removed. We already know the static kill didn't work and we know that the bottom kill efforts are stopped at the moment. Even if the pressure was pure methane, also a possibility, then that means the oil will be coming soon. I also notice they have not shown the well since early this morning. Perhaps the methane has cleared the well and the oil has started I don't know. What I do know is that oil, regardless of what the NOAA and US Coast Guard say, does not just vanish. So something is very wrong, or we are being conned big time.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Here is the BOP after being raised to the Q4000 tonight. If you look at the bottom left you will see a man in a hard hat. It is one thing to know how big this thing is but another entirely to see it out of the water and next to a man. These men were able to stand underneath it without ducking.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bba4be746eab.gif[/atsimg]

Minutes after I took this screenshot, they raised the BOP again and seemed to be lowering it into the water again. The platform it is sitting on in the pic rolls back to open to the moonpool. I don't understand what is going on at this point.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The Well head connector has its own pipe piece to sit on, with the four corners of the BOP sitting on jacks. It is hard to be clear about what is going on on the platform. They are all huddled around the pipe the well head connector was sitting on now, while the BOP/LMRP is swinging from the hoist above and behind them.

Now it looks like they might be anchoring tethers to the jacks/jack areas to maybe stabilize things more before they lower it back onto the platform. Hard to say for sure, but I saw what looked like a crane hook dangling there for a minute and now they are pulling different lines from that and hooking them to the jack areas.

Ok, they are moving the platform back under the BOP/LMRP right now, holding the tethers out, so I guess I speculated correctly in the end.

Ok, it has been lowered again. That's it for me for the night.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Ceriddwen]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

If that were the case, where is the oil now? We know a few things: There was oil and hydrates leaking from the well since the cap was put on and up until it was taken off. We know they were not able to, at ANY point, shut off or stop the "flow" of this well...leaks do not mean the well is stopped/dead. Now suddenly, the cap and BOP are all removed, and now not a single drop of oil is coming out of the well? Impossible. Especially for a well cap that showed pressure until it was removed. We already know the static kill didn't work and we know that the bottom kill efforts are stopped at the moment. Even if the pressure was pure methane, also a possibility, then that means the oil will be coming soon. I also notice they have not shown the well since early this morning. Perhaps the methane has cleared the well and the oil has started I don't know. What I do know is that oil, regardless of what the NOAA and US Coast Guard say, does not just vanish. So something is very wrong, or we are being conned big time.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by DragonFire1024]

yeah, i follow you, which is why i was asking the question.

So, it was leaking a few days ago, right? But now it's fine? Have they offered any reason/explanation for this?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Nope...none at all. Surprised eh?

[edit on 5-9-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Skandi ROV is really blowing this morning
7am EST;

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eac4ebe1ccc2.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1e82f31a6136.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f2d70e7c8936.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6611f2e9cfdf.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c154792f68a6.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/14fe4d57ee53.jpg[/atsimg]

Ektar

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Here is one thing that we need to remember. What well head did that come from Well A or Well B? That is the million dollar question that should be answered, since we have already seen that they have 2 wells dug. Where is the pressure that was there? Pressure needs to have a place of relief to dissapate. We know from even BP that the top kill did not work and there was a problem with the well casing after that. So again the big question that should be answered What happened to the pressure that was in that well from the beginning? Anyone want to give that one a go. No relief well finished yet or that is what they want us to believe. How about this for you to think about, Relief well dug and finished now working and pumping oil and that is why we do not see the pressure build up we had before. I don't know just thought I would throw that out there as a possibility.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

I had thought of that too.....could they have done this without people finding out? I really think they are keeping thier options open with this well.....they either ARE or WILL be getting oil from there. They will never abandon THAT moneymaker! LOL!

top topics

<< 236  237  238    240  241  242 >>

join