It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 241
<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Anyone know what that red stuff is in the water on Q4000 below deck cam? At first I thought it was a reflection of something, but after watching it, I noticed it moving and changing like something actually under the suface. Are they burning something? It almost looks like fire....check it out and tell me what you think.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
edit

[edit on 5-9-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

i only saw it for a sec before it seems to have disappeared. could it have been a reflection?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

i only saw it for a sec before it seems to have disappeared. could it have been a reflection?

It could be, but it was so strange looking. The reason it disappeared was because after being in color all day, they suddenly changed it to black & white so that the red parts just looked like ripples in the water. I took some pics, but I have to crop them and then I'll post. What made me think it wasn't a reflectionwas the fact that it increased so much, and there was something cloudy in the water in the very center. Someone else said it looked like ribbons of oil being sprayed by dispersant....some said fire, some said reflection...I was thinking reflection, but it really did look like something physical.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I see we are back to little or no feeds working again. This angers me.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Dragon....will you go look at the feed showing the surface of the water? Q4000 below deck? What justadood and I were talking about is back in color so you can see it now....is that oil? Notice the cloud in the center with the red stuff around it.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I thought I had pics but I'm having trouble with it....can you get video or a screen shot?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
It's hard to see because the sun was shining on it, but you can see the stuff in the water....as soon as the sun moves some, I'll try to get a better shot

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/322b0cb47dc5.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/27fec29001f0.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Originally posted by justadood

It could be, but it was so strange looking. The reason it disappeared was because after being in color all day, they suddenly changed it to black & white so that the red parts just looked like ripples in the water.

no, i started watching it as soon as you put that post up, and it was still in color. I saw the color you refer to for a moment, but it went away quickly. didnt see it in black and white at all.

BP's description of that feed was 'on standby'. i doubt they would have an ROV in standby mode showing something they dont want us to see. why not just turn it away if it was showing something?

i still think it was a reflection

[edit on 6-9-2010 by justadood]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
One BP offical on TV seamed quite happy that the BOP had been recovered and was heading to NASA to be looked at.

Do you get the feeling that BP is hoping the NASA and federal engineers find that Transocean really screwed up and did not maintain there BOP.
Or that they were using a broken BOP to save money.

This would allow BP to shift most or all the blame to Transocean.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Well, if it was indeed an issue with Transocean's equipment, then whats wrong with them taking the blame?

www.upstreamonline.com...

www.upstreamonline.com...

besides, i dont think anyone is trying to get BP outta this:

he committee also heard that BP was aware of problems on the semisub before the explosion. Representatives said documents and company briefings suggested that BP, Transocean and Halliburton ignored tests that flagged up faults in the BOP.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by justadood]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Kat, I've just had a look at the Moon Pool BD cam, but it's above the surface now so I can't see the sheen that you've mentioned... is the well dead now?
I'm on the morpheas cams and there's not a lot to see at the moment

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by smash_the_system

That cam is down....but the last time I looked it wasn't there. Maybe it was just a reflection.....if it comes back I'll let you know.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
One BP offical on TV seamed quite happy that the BOP had been recovered and was heading to NASA to be looked at.

Do you get the feeling that BP is hoping the NASA and federal engineers find that Transocean really screwed up and did not maintain there BOP.
Or that they were using a broken BOP to save money.

This would allow BP to shift most or all the blame to Transocean.

I was watching a TV show about all this and they said something about BP cutting corners and all. There was some type of rings they were supposed to use ......they were supposed to use 21.....and they only used 6....and the show was saying that perhaps that led to the blow out. That's why one of the guys in the lifeboat with one of the BP big wigs heard him say on the phone to another head honcho from BP... "Are you F'n HAPPY now? It happened!"

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by smash_the_system
Kat, I've just had a look at the Moon Pool BD cam, but it's above the surface now so I can't see the sheen that you've mentioned... is the well dead now?
I'm on the morpheas cams and there's not a lot to see at the moment

They say the well will be dead once they get the relief well done and pump more cement.....wait.....didn't they say it was dead already?....
Who knows.....they can't even keep thier stories straight!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Yep....they are going back to no cams again.....I haven't even seen the new BOP....since they installed it, they have turned the cams off....anybody seen it?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Kat-thanks for your attentiveness and great screen shots!

This is my understand about the "rings" you were referring to. This is key to the blowout. They are a kind of centralizer, I believe they are called. They hold the drill pipe securely in the center of the casing, so the cementing is equally distributed and there is less chance of gas coming up the pipe and exploding. I believe Mike Williams, the TO employee who did the 60 minutes interview talked about them...perhaps I'm wrong, here. I've read elsewhere that they are key: that even though the usual 21 were on board, a decision was made by BP to not use them all, as it would be time consuming and they were already behind schedule. I know the 60 minutes interview is still on youtube. It's chilling, as he talk about the two wells and also minutes leading up to and after the explosion.

I believe this was discussed in some of the hearings that have been conducted, by the Navy and Coast Guard and/or Senate hearings, but don't know which ones, unfortunately.

Thanks again for all your postings.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by havetoask

You're welcome, and I am going to try to find that video! Thanks for reminding me which show it was....

[edit on 6-9-2010 by StealthyKat]

[edit on 6-9-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I couldn't find the video about the rings, but here is an article which talks about how they ignored advice to use 21, and only used 6 to speed things up.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join