It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Armada of U.S. and Israeli Warships Head for Iran

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoSoup4U
Well, if the US is going to do this I hope they have learned from the two "ongoing" wars. Strike fast, strike hard and strike repeatedly. Get in and get out. Let the Air Force make it a parking lot and send the Marines in to paint the lines.

With all the power we have , why even go in?
Why not just go up?
EMP at Eight Miles High?
Wouldnt that convince them?

[edit on 27-6-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Iran's Central bank is not a part of the World Bank Establishment.
en.wikipedia.org...

Neither is China's
en.wikipedia.org...

(Third line is the Third Line)

-Edrick

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Edrick]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

Thanks for G8 information.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Prof. Twister]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'm not convinced it is going to happen quite yet.

A couple/few years ago, I really believed it was going to happen then, lots of stuff was lining up, but it never did.

My theory, is that this is a tactical move. Start getting people in the area used to a lot more ships/troops being in the area, so that they become normalised to it.

I think that before the actual war starts, there needs to be more pressure and propaganda again, like there was a lot of a few years ago, so that the populace will be more willing to accept it.

Perhaps that means a "false flag" if you are a conspiracist, but it probably would only need the news to be flooded out with lots of anti-Iran stories for a while, noises about the weapons inspectors, and so on.

So I don't see this happening for at least a few months or longer, everyone needs to be reconditioned again, so there will be less dissent.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by harpsounds

The fifth fleet has all ways been in that area so this isnt unusual.
The Fifth Fleet maintains a visible and powerful force to counter and deter threats to the Arabian [Persian] Gulf area. All this is is normal troop deployment a change out in aircraft carriers. So id have to say your right this isnt the attack. when you see the 6th fleet move through the suez then we have something going on .

[edit on 6/27/10 by dragonridr]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Breifne
Does there have to be a vote among politicians for a war to proceed?

A timescale perhaps?

it's all supposed to be within the constitution.

wiki

In the United States, only the U.S. Congress may declare war.

congress has formally declared war 5 times, but there have been many skirmishes and other near-wars/pseudo-battles, in the interim(s).

In 1973, following the withdrawal of most American troops from the Vietnam War, a debate emerged about the extent of presidential power in deploying troops without a declaration of war. A compromise in the debate was reached with the War Powers Resolution. This act clearly defined how many soldiers could be deployed by the President of the United States and for how long. It also required formal reports by the President to Congress regarding the status of such deployments, and limited the total amount of time that American forces could be employed without a formal declaration of war.

Although the constitutionality of the act has never been tested, it is usually followed, most notably during the Grenada Conflict, the Panamanian Conflict, the Somalia Conflict, the Gulf War, and the Iraq War. The only exception was President Clinton's use of U.S. troops in the 78-day NATO air campaign against Serbia during the Kosovo War.[citation needed] In all other cases, the President asserted the constitutional authority to commit troops without the necessity of Congressional approval, but in each case the President received Congressional authorization that satisfied the provisions of the War Powers Act.

War Powers Resolution

The War Powers Resolution of 1973 (50 U.S.C. 1541–1548) was a United States Congress joint resolution providing that the President can send U.S. armed forces into action abroad only by authorization of Congress or if the United States is already under attack or serious threat. The War Powers Resolution requires the president to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action and forbids armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days, with a further 30 day withdrawal period, without an authorization of the use of military force or a declaration of war. The resolution was passed by two-thirds of Congress, overriding a presidential veto.

so, what's Congress say about all this activity in the East?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoX42
Namaste and love.

This is the time to start loving one another and sending your positive vibrations to the Universe. Don't allow this stuff to infect you. Fear is what they need in order to keep this machine running.

Remember to love all.

Yes~! Thank YOU.

------------------------

Originally posted by Caji316
i just wonder how many homeless family's and starving people here in the U.S. could have been helped with just the cost of fuel they have used running those ships all over the ocean.

i have compiled some statistics, related to just that:
link

we might could alleviate world hunger if we'd give up war.

--------------------

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
The universe is about to balance things nicely.

in DEED it is, old friend!
indeed it is.

=========================

Originally posted by sizzlean
Now I'd dare say if Iran was going to make a nuke they'd probably make a big one like everyone else has, but without testing just what makes you think it won't yield only 50% or less?

then maybe they aren't making nukes like everyone SUSPECTS - maybe they are actually following the Anti-Proliferation Treaty guidelines and developing nuclear power in their country?

why would they waste so much time and money, and oh so clandestinely, to make a bomb that might be more dangerous to them than to their enemies?

Did you know that after 911 our nukes were inspected and it was found that many of the triggers were defective?

defective or disarmed?
do you have any source links for that?

With all the reading those of us do on this site, it would be a tragedy if it turned out all the answers are in your bible covered in dust on the shelf to your side?

things like

LOVE your neighbor?

& love your enemies?
and what does it say in Jeremiah 29:11???

---------------------------

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth
My beef is with the radical Islamic wackos who are ruining the country

since when is it any of your business?

it isn't YOUR country or YOUR people or YOUR home.
you are completely ignorant of what goes on there, in people's homes and businesses and schools, on a day to day basis.
butt out.

they have just as much right to exist as you do!
the same GOD made us all.

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth
I also am for "no war". But I saw this situation as a good opportunity to strike at Iran's nuclear facilities without putting boots on the ground.

why should we strike at their nuclear facilities?

what right is it of ours, anyway?

and why take the risk of destroying the property of another nation, and possibly killing or injuring the citizens of that nation, based NOT on eyewitness testimony (of more than one individual on separate occasions), but rather on RUMORS, FEAR, and GUILTY consciences, and have it turn out to be one of those proverbial *false flags*???

that's heinous and unforgivable.

it is an act of war

Under the Nuremberg Principles, war crimes are different from crimes against peace which is planning, preparing, initiating, or waging a war of aggression, or a war in violation of international treaties, agreements, or assurances.

source

do you even know about the Anti-Proliferation Treaty?

But I have to admit that I can be a warmonger, but only when millions of peoples lives are deprived of basic human rights and dignities like in Iran and North Korea. But if there was only one person in the world who was living under such oppression, it would be well worth the sacrifice to fight to set them free.

how noble of you.
how can you not see the oppression in your own back yard??

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Another article for your consideration. The Turks have really thrown a spanner in the works for Israel's plans, or I suppose Israel sabotaged itself by murdering activists.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Turkey's prime minister confirmed that a "ban" had been implemented following the 31 May raid, in which nine Turkish citizens on the flotilla were killed. Military flight bans are now being considered on a case-by-case basis, Turkish officials said.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Oh for goodness sakes...I've been hearing about "War With Iran" for YEARS & YEARS & YEARS now!!!!!! Saber rattling has been a fear tactic with nation since the beginning of time...!!! Yeah...right...!!! Let's all get excited!!!

Please...not that I'm looking for it but I'll believe it when and IF it ever happens...It's all hype and fear tactics to get us to keep posting on the upcoming Armageddon!!!

I certainly wouldn't recommend that anybody hold their breath!!!

Enough already!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick
Iran's Central bank is not a part of the World Bank Establishment.
en.wikipedia.org...

Neither is China's
en.wikipedia.org...

(Third line is the Third Line)

-Edrick

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Edrick]

Wot you mean they are not under zionist control of the bankers !

Odd because anyone that tells the zionists where to stick theire fiat paper gets bombed because the IMF is so keen to help everyone.

it would be nice if i could buy a silver coin that has two fingers sticking up to the bankers instead of me having to buy silver eagles but in any case it's the same message.

my avatar would say it all but it's not working for some reason.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
There won't be any war with Iran, if there is, there is nothing we can do about it. You can't bite the hand that feeds you. Revolution in the U.S. is not possible in todays technological age. Any countries government would slaughter its' citizens if they tried to overthrow it. Might as well go along, do your country's bidding and hope you end up on the winning side. If you don't like it, try to change it. If you can't change it, leave it and find somewhere that makes you happy.

No one wants 1 World Gov., but everyone wants peace. Politicians and citizens seeking power will never allow total peace.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Iran is surrounded by U.S. troops in 10 countries

sbynews.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

sorry that I have to say this, and I really don't care if I even get banned for ATS etc. You are a **** **** **** **** **** *** *** stupid son of a ****, so I decided to go for **** but even so.

No war is good, you are right why should Iran try to help anyone, why shouldn't they let people in the gaza strip die. I'd choose to live in Iran rather than starve to death.

Sure hope Iran does have at least 1 nuke and manages to nuke the US armada if attacked. The US is facing the greatest ecological disaster of all times and you are thinking about what Iran is doing ? They are just living their lives as well as they can. God I hate the freedom of speech.

Again some people are to stupid to be allowed to use the internet, or to breed. ATS should have an IQ test required before registering users.

Bye now and maybe for ever, if they ban me.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Iranian observer corps reports 24 warships sighted, not 12.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f7cdf4e568c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
i want to state that this is entirely my own opinion i provide no facts just my personal opinion so that being stated bear with me:

i find it highly unlikely that russia and china will form any kind of defence pact they almost went nuclear during the cold war and have had numerious border conflics(from what i have read) russia=warry of china china= warry of russia while they bolth dont exactly like us china does like our money for the time being atleast and every one seems to be forgetting to add india any where in this list? i know things have been RELITIVELY quiet between them and pakistan but they dont exactly like eachother and india from what little i know of world events in that region is usualy more frendly to the west then the east and india and china (in my opinion) dont seem to get along all that well and arent there something like 1.2 billion of them now? so if it realy were to go global they would have to pick a side and i dont see it being russia or china(again my own opinion and not based in any facts i can show you)so while i watch these events unfoloding around the world i agree ww3 is a possiblity but not a high one as every one seems to think the world its self and its various power countrys would all have waaaaaaaaay to much to loose especialy IF(again no evidence to support it just my opinion) india were to pick a western side that kinda seems to negate chinas man power that would keep us all out of ww3 as no one wants to take the risk of unleashing chinese or indian manpower in the areas
i may be complely wrong but why dosent any one even bring up inda they are atleast a regional power if not a baby super power in the area

sorry for all the horrible spelling never was good at writeing but thats my opinion? any opinions of my opinion will be greatly apreciated and responded to with respect and decency and if im wrong i would love to be shown wrong
as in atleast i will learn something in the process! thank you and good day
and sorry for the random rant format i have several learning disabilitys that make me jump from topic to topic im not pro war but i am a military history buff and military history and what not interests me

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by randel

Hey buddy, don't worry, ATS isn't going to ban you. They might ban me, but they won't ban you. Hell, they need ******* like yourself to keep the conversation lively. If they banned you, they would have to ban every other ****** ** ********** whose opinions are just as ****** ** as your own. I figure that would cut the membership by about 67%.

The remaining 33% of folks like myself would agree about 90% of the time. And that would make this a very, very, boring, and ****** ** place.

So don't get your panties in a wad. .....(just kidding). Get back on here and tell us *********** ****** ******* ******** to go **** ourselves.

Peace. And **** yourself **********. Maybe we'll get lucky and Iran will **** itself in the ***.

Edited for the *********** ************* ******* ****** son of a ***** that I had forgot to mention.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

You're actually funny, it's unfortunate that we don't agree on this point. I just hate war
don't care who's fighting.

The US/Iran war has been brewing for years, just because the US politicians said Iran is bad, the same politicians that are saying don't worry about the spill or about us taking your rights away.

I respect that you have the courage to speak your mind, I just wish you had something in it.

*** ********* ** **** **** and **** of **** eat *** you ****

Added the last paragraph just for fun.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Well this is a great day for the USA. Russian spies have been arrested. The Supreme Court has upheld the rights of American citizens to bear arms. And Ackmadinnerjit just .... himself when he heard the news.

Way to go America! USA USA USA USA........

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randel

Thanks Randal. I hate war too.

On topic. Maybe someday The US will get a president who is not afraid to get tough with the Mullah's.

As someone else on this thread said, many Iranians are pro West.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Right now wars are not fought over land (except for Africa, but that's just Gods blind spot), and The gaza strip witch is stupid. Israel shouldn't be there. For example the turks could by the same logic say "we came from mongolia (or wherever they were from ) we want it back."

and england and france should ask the US to give them their territory back. War is stupid, the excuses of soldiers are stupid.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join