It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Armada of U.S. and Israeli Warships Head for Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

More than twelve U.S. and Israeli warships, including an aircraft carrier, passed through the Suez Canal on Friday and are headed for the Red Sea. “According to eyewitnesses, the U.S. battleships were the largest to have crossed the Canal in many years,” reported the London-based newspaper al-Quds al-Arabi on Saturday.
Egyptians report the armada includes a U.S. aircraft carrier.

Also reported Egyptian opposition members criticized the government for cooperating with the U.S. and Israeli forces and allowing the passage of the ships through Egyptian territorial waters. The Red Sea is the most direct route to the Persian Gulf from the Mediterranean.

Retired Egyptian General Amin Radi, chairman of the national security affairs committee, told the paper that “the decision to declare war on Iran is not easy, and Israel, due to its wild nature, may start a war just to remain the sole nuclear power in the region,” according to Yedioth Internet, an Israeli news site.
The passage of a warship armada through the Suez Canal and headed for the Persian Gulf and Iran is apparently not deemed important enough to be reported by the corporate media in the United States.

The United States and Israel, the sole nuclear-armed power in the Middle East, have not ruled out a military strike to destroy Iran’s nuclear program.

A number of Israeli politicians and scholars have admitted Israel has used its nuclear weapons for “compellent purposes,” in short forcing others to accept Israeli political demands.

Also another Reports emerged from Scotland’s Sunday Herald that the US government has contracted with a Florida company to ship a massive amount of weaponry, including hundreds of bunker buster bombs, to Diego Garcia.
The island’s proximity to Iran suggests it may be used as a staging ground for US air strikes against the nation.

The proximity is not lost on Iran’s state media, which is reporting that the bunker-busters are a clear move to threaten Iran’s nuclear facilities. The US has repeatedly threatened to attack Iran over its civilian nuclear program.

The Sunday Herald report also cites numerous experts as saying that the lack of publicity for the move, just one of several examples of the Obama Administration adding major amounts of weaponry to the area around Iran, suggests they believe a confrontation is more likely. The Pentagon has thus far refused to comment.!!!!

Please Review Our Creative Commons Policy

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Prof. Twister]

[edit on Mon, 28 Jun 2010 20:03:25 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Oh crap. This doesn't look very good at all.

Here'a a link to a Newsweek article reporting on the story...

"U.S. Naval Movements Unrelated to Iran's Purported Gaza Stunt"
www.newsweek.com...

[edit on 6/26/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
is this a hoax?

its just impossible for the US to attack iran without some false flag, iran is no threat to anyone

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Prof. Twister

Hello,

Do you have a link, or will this one work?...

www.microsofttranslator.com...

My link can't translate the 19th of June 2010.

Given that I can't trace the source of article, I speculate that this story is 8 days old, and appears to be propaganda.

That doesn't mean I'm putting it to rest. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Good looking-out OP.

[edit on (6/26/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Unless this is 12 more ships this is old news.
Here is the OP

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here is a follow up when four more ships headed to the Persian Gulf

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Why is everything a false flag.

Maybe, just maybe, it is a real flag. Maybe just maybe something real is about to happen.

Not everything is, nor requires - a false flag. Not everything is a conspiracy. Sometimes, there are things you just don't know till they want you to know, as much as this may annoy you.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Well, if the US is going to do this I hope they have learned from the two "ongoing" wars. Strike fast, strike hard and strike repeatedly. Get in and get out. Let the Air Force make it a parking lot and send the Marines in to paint the lines.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Does there have to be a vote among politicians for a war to proceed?

A timescale perhaps?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Yeah you are right, US never announce important thing till happen.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
old news. they're not attacking... yet.

second... whatever.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
We'll strike in the middle of the night (US time). That's the way it seems to go. Tomorrow, or Monday, we'll wake up to find ourselves at war with Iran. Always in the middle of the night people...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

they won't attack iran without some sort of a false flag operation occuring first, to have something to blame them for. after all, obama got his nobel prize for a reason

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Prof. Twister

Hi again,

I want to believe this news is not propaganda.

The blog-spot link refers to an Arabic newspaper to which the story purported to being articulated, I can't seem to find related story. My link translates that newspaper. I'll re-check it though. The second link is dated: March 15, 2010

worldwar3news.blogspot.com...

Monday, June 21, 2010
Armada of U.S. and Israeli Warships Head for Iran

More than twelve U.S. and Israeli warships, including an aircraft carrier, passed through the Suez Canal on Friday and are headed for the Red Sea. “According to eyewitnesses, the U.S. battleships were the largest to have crossed the Canal in many years,” reported the London-based newspaper al-Quds al-Arabi on Saturday.

news.antiwar.com...

Report: US Sending Massive Amounts of Weaponry to Diego Garcia
Hundreds of Bunker-Buster Bombs Seen Threatening Iran Strike
by Jason Ditz, March 15, 2010

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

I hope this news is just simple propaganda, but looks really expensive and costly propaganda…

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Prof. Twister]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f7cdf4e568c.jpg[/atsimg]

Well it's about time. We should have done this a long time ago. Iran has no one to blame for this except themselves. This is what Iran will get for sticking its nose in Israeli business.

I thought that the Mullah's were nuts when they announced that they were sending ships to break the Gaza blockade. They could care less about the people of Gaza. Why do Persians care about Arabs? They only want to provoke an Israeli response.

This is the perfect opportunity to bomb Irans nuclear facilities. This has been a long time comming. Let's hope Iran doesn't tuck tail and run.

Iran is a threat not only to Israel, it is a threat to the world. Nuclear Ayatollahs? Give me a break.

It's high time that we spank their little fly infested butts.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

they won't attack iran without some sort of a false flag

Really?

*bangs head on desk*

How about refusing to let the two IAEA inspectors in a week or two ago?

How about a real flag? How about they are building nukes, and just enriched another lot of 20% uranium? "about 37 pounds"...

news.yahoo.com...

Iran produced 17 kgs of further enriched uranium
AP

By ALI AKBAR DAREINI, Associated Press Writer Ali Akbar Dareini, Associated Press Writer – Wed Jun 23, 7:53 am ET
TEHRAN, Iran – Iran's nuclear chief said Wednesday his country has produced 17 kilograms of uranium enriched to 20 percent, defying U.N. demands to halt the controversial program.

The 20 percent level, needed to produce fuel for a medical research reactor, is far below the more than 90 percent required to build a nuclear weapon, but U.S. officials have expressed concern Iran may be moving closer to the ability to reach weapons-grade level.

The United States and its allies accuse Iran of seeking to acquire atomic weapons. Tehran denies the charge, saying its nuclear program is geared toward generating electricity.

Iran has been producing the 20 percent enriched material since February. The new figure of 17 kilograms — about 37 pounds — was announced by Vice President Ali Akbar Salehi, who heads Iran's nuclear program.

The term "false flag" has become now, as useless as the term racist. It is overused when people cannot grasp a concept that events may take place they never have, nor may never hear about. Things happen all the time we never hear or know about.

Not everything is false, sometimes it is very, very real.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Oh crap. This doesn't look very good at all.

Here'a a link to a Newsweek article reporting on the story...

"U.S. Naval Movements Unrelated to Iran's Purported Gaza Stunt"
www.newsweek.com...

You know they want war.

War is the health of the State.

Politicians always want war.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
this is a little dated, this broke days ago

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Relax!

If a fist fight broke out every time two boys in a school yard got into a shoving match, there would not be a grown man alive with more than 3 teeth. If another World War broke out every time there were troop or ship movements, the planet would be nothing but rubble underneath several mushroom clouds.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join