It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confused About Austria(oops Australia)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Kevin Rudd up until approx 10:15 am on the 24/6/10 was Australias elected Prime Minister represnting the Labour party(sic)
Now (just when you thought nothing could get worse) Julia Gillard Australias first Prime FEMALE minister has replaced him in power.
The question is why?
The elected Australian Labour party under the former PM Kevin Rudd was in direct confrontation with the super powerful Mining bosses over the proposed Super Tax ( the tax that gave back to the nation when the Chinese buy more and more of Australias resources.) apparently this has led to the demise of Kevin Rudd, just days after the entire board of one of Australias most rich and powerful mining companies were wiped out in a plane crash? in the Congo.
This is very confusing, does a proposed mining tax justify the carnage, or is it all coincidence?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

I think it was more a case of Rudd's personality..

No one likes working with him..
He doesn't listen to his party and just does what he wants....

In Australia we do not vote for the Primeminister.
We vote for a party and the party elects their leader...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Bill shorten and Julia Gillard are old time mates.Bill shorten holds a lot of power with labour voters,He is connected to all the mining boss's thru unions,lets just say "hypothetically" of course,that on the issue of mining super tax they both agree,they dont want it.
Corporation says to Bill help us stop it,we will help you (backscratching),Bill then go's to see an old mate Julia.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

Happens all the time....

But I still think Rudd is too arrogant..

I also think Gillard is more spin that substance but thats normal in polotics today...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well firstly, the plane crash was a random accident, and the tax was put forward long before the crash so I don't see the link between the two.

Another coincidence is that Ken Talbot was due to face court this? week charged with bribing Gordon Nuttall. Gordy was found guilty and he won't get out for a few years so it is odd that Ken "died in a plane crash".

As for Kevin Rudd, he was ousted because it was looking very much like the A.L.P. would lose the next election with him at the helm.

Look at what's happened in Australian politics of late. Kevin promised a strict emissions trading scheme during campaigning and was elected at least partly for that then did a complete backflip and all but scrapped it once in power.

How about the home insulation scheme costing us $1bn and leaving what 4? people dead and hundreds of homes burnt down because the whole thing was horribly mismanaged.

Kevvy spent and spent and put this country back in debt and for what? Now, in a panic, he's looking desperately for somewhere to find the money so he hits the mining companies, the ones that have kept this country afloat, with a MASSIVE tax. And what's he going to do with the money? Well his track record doesn't exactly make him look like a wise spender.

To top it off, he has pretty much told everyone to get f@#&ed and he will do whatever he wants. He's never wrong. Kicking him out is a desperate attempt by the A.L.P. to win back votes. It should be easy for them to win. Look at the competition. Tony Abbot and the Libs? Dear god. They've got nothing.

That said, I feel gutted for poor Kevin. They were happy for him to make the party look good in the begining and as soon as things went bad, they plotted behind his back and dumped him like a dirty nappy.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OZtracized

You make very reasonable and informed explanations for Rudds Demise, but having a sheila PM this month is beyond the pale surely?
No matter Rudds impotency, having a unknown sociopathic lady of politics as Prime Ministerv of a major nation such as Australia is ludicrous is it not?

Kevin Rudd was analysed by Gillard as being beatable, she portrays herself as Miss Fair, but her hair colour is closer to reality perhaps?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I get the feeling this thread is more about a woman becoming Prime Minister rather than Rudd losing his position so easily.

The OP has a problem with women in power maybe?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Unknown??? Do you live on the moon???

Gillard has been in polotics for a long,long time...

And she is probably the "least" attacked polotician in Australia simply because she hasn't done too much wrong...

I think mabe you are just a sexist,
Your biggest attack is on Her gender and Hair Colour?????

[edit on 25-6-2010 by virgom129]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I get the feeling this thread is more about a woman becoming Prime Minister rather than Rudd losing his position so easily.

The OP has a problem with women in power maybe?

No this is not the issue , a woman in charge of blokes across Austrlia is not the focus of this thread, ....the reasons are however.

How convenient, Gillard announces the cessation of the govt advertising campaign supporting the "Mining Super tax" and lo and behold the agressive mining magnates do like wise ie they drop their anti mining super tax ad campaign as soon a s Gillard is appointed over the deposed Rudd.
Personally I find females the most deplorable of Managers and holders of any power, but I recognise Iam a male last time one checked, but I ask anyone to poll 1000 Aussie men and get any majority vote in favour of a Sheila being in charge?
No way ...a recipie for monumental disaster.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

How convenient, Gillard announces the cessation of the govt advertising campaign supporting the "Mining Super tax" and lo and behold the agressive mining magnates do like wise ie they drop their anti mining super tax ad campaign as soon a s Gillard is appointed over the deposed Rudd.

She stopped the Ad's and asked the Mining companies to do the same while they talk...It was all up front....

Maybe Rudd should have discussed this tax with his party before jumping on TV to say he is taking on the miners.....

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Wow, this 'sheila' thinks you may have just hit the nail on the head there...
Last time I checked knee-high hobbits with bushy eyebrows or Mars-bar kids with Glasses were preferrable in "power" as long as they were male. (not)

There seem to be some rather generalised sexist statements mixed in with some meanderingly politically pertinent vaguely presented material...?

I could be mistaken...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Personally I find females the most deplorable of Managers and holders of any power, but I recognise Iam a male last time one checked, but I ask anyone to poll 1000 Aussie men and get any majority vote in favour of a Sheila being in charge?
No way ...a recipie for monumental disaster.

Whoa - hold up there buddy ...

Actually, don't worry ... I won't bother.

Originally posted by wagtail
There seem to be some rather generalised sexist statements mixed in with some meanderingly politically pertinent vaguely presented material...?

Couldn't have put it better myself.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Jeeze, you must have been spitting chips when Charlene from Neighbours became a mechanic!
Perhaps if you serveyed 1000 'blokes' over 60-70, you might find a higher average showing a stubborn set of fears about a woman in a leadership role, but I think you'll find the younger generations have moved way beyond the sexist views regarding positions of power.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Virgo,

Americans know nothing about OZ and NZ politics, unless it affects them.

But I also have to admit I know nothing about OZ politics, but you probably do not know much about NZ politics.

But it does look a bit rigged.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Rigged? maybe....

But most people only see Rudd on TV.....

I have heard many people say,
once you meet him in person, away from the cameras, you will NOT like him.....

He never had the numbers in his own party...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Are people STILL talking (typing) about Gillard? She is just a puppet... and she won't even bring Labour to any of HER policies, simply because she IS part of Labour. All of THEIR policies HAVE FAILED!!! She WON'T take the Labour party to a nother direction. Gillard is just a nother version of Mr Ruddy.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

Is there a party in any country that are not a puppet to TPTB????

THey are all the same in my eyes...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

Is there a party in any country that are not a puppet to TPTB????

THey are all the same in my eyes...

There *IS* A party not brainwashed by the TPTB! Pauline Hanson's One Nation Party... Ohh! wait a minute. TPTB Kicked her out because they KNEW AND KNOW that she would win over the voters with OUT the need for brain washing... how so? she would - and will so speak about THE TRUTH! with nothing more and with nothing else... Only with the truth.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Hmmm, she had some notions that were and still are popular,
but she was a crook....Just look at the books for her Fish & Chips shop...

BTW, I just cant stand her voice .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join