It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad as hell - The real face of the BP oil catastrophe

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by zippom2
I could not watch the entire video it broke my heart.

Well, here then, watch this video instead. It will warm your heart in the beginning, but you might want to stop it somewhere before it's half done to avoid feeling the way I feel about humanity .... grrrrrr.

Link to the thread where I just discovered this video: HOME - The biggest wake up call *FULL VIDEO*

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberNone
What really bothers me on all of this is that if this spill was occurring off the coast of California or the Hamptons, the elites would have moved Heaven and Earth to stop and contain.

They would have pulled every resource available and included the nations of the earth to assist as if it was another 9-11. Troops would have been pulled from Iraq to clean up. The entire naval fleet would have been brought in with boons to collect oil. Yet the Gulf Coast seems expendable. Viewed almost as a TV tragedy unfolding in a 3rd world country. Obama sees no reason to stop his date nights or golf rounds. Tony Hayward is virtually ignored by the administration for almost 2 months before being talked to...but a General that says something negative about Obama is put on a plane from Iraq to DC overnight.

Do I think there is a conspiracy...No. I think this administration and Congress is so focused on shoving its agenda down the throat of the US before the November elections that they absolutely refuse to dedicate any bandwidth to the issue. In fact they are looking for angles to capitalize upon it to push even more of their agenda with Cap and Trade. Please explain to me how this would have prevented an oil spill?

Nero fiddling while Rome burned is about to supplanted as a quaint example of a leader doing nothing during a crisis.

Well said my friend. You hit the nail on the head. Ineptitude on all sides makes for a tragic comedy of errors. If this oil was tainting the waters near those $20 million homes in the Hamptons or on the shores of Malibu things would be a lot different.

And two months later Nero still fiddles.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Not sure if anyone has posted this video on ATS before, if not please listen to what this man is saying.

Unbelievable

[edit on 26-6-2010 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Ummm... you do realize that everything in your modern life is due to oil right? So don't act like it is something apart from you that you are not an explicit participant in.

Companies like BP cut costs (and corners) because consumers (you) won't pay a penny extra for the same product from a more ethical company.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dawgishly

Ummm... you do realize that everything in your modern life is due to oil right? So don't act like it is something apart from you that you are not an explicit participant in.

Companies like BP cut costs (and corners) because consumers (you) won't pay a penny extra for the same product from a more ethical company.

I just dont understand this mentality that because we are an oil based society that it is ok to blame regular consumers for the oil spill, or even worse excuse BP.

I am pointing out the fact that BP ignored safety measures, they ignored warning signs, they spent the first two weeks of this disaster doing absolutely nothing to solve the problem.

They continue to ignore outside help, they fight any effort to manage their screw up tooth and nail, and every step of the way they do their best to hide what is really going on down there, denying responsibility and downplaying the damage that has been done.

Defend these monsters if you want, blame yourself if you want, but I know who is truly at fault.

And I wont even get into the lack of options we have as consumers due to the oil industry suppressing any new effort to move forward or innovate away from an oil dominated market.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
S & F.

This isn't tragic, it's worse than that. Words are missing. Unfortunately, it is far from being over.

Thank you for posting this and I hope that more people see it.

There isn't a word in the English language big enough to sufficiently describe what this is.

The only word that comes to mind for me is DEATH

Blackops719, I got one word for you that describes this disaster:

PETROBRAS

Who are the investors? Verrrrrry interesting!!!!!

If the Obama's Gulf Drilling moratorium stays in place, the offshore drilling platforms will be moved to Brazil ending our off-shore oil production in the gulf for good.

I believe this non-response to this disaster has been planned.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Oldnslo]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Photo of the Gulf from June 19th!!!! This is just scary! Our blue waters are disappearing!!

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Couldn't watch more than a few seconds... That hurts too much.

This is as low as we can get... destroying other livings beings, who are just guilty of EXISTING, of being there and living their lives. This is THE animal holocaust, we haven't progressed since 1944.

Why "we" and not the corporations who are faulty?

Because we LET THEM make it happen! We let big corporations behave as if they have full ownership and responsibility over the land and the sea. This is happening in Alberta, Canada, with the tar sands mining industry. Of course, BP, the profiteers behind it, and its political supporters in the US are the ones GUILTY of this, but we also let them take whatever they want! We just sit back and enjoy the horror show!!!

Here's an example of brave, pissed off local people who stopped letting them do it. And they've been making major wins as of now.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Like one poster said... why should we pay for land which was free to begin with and then pay over and over for it?

Just because someone said 'tax the nation, tax everyone, tax everything'... we abide by it...

I really still wonder why we bicker behind a computer in a chatroom.... there are way more of us than there are them yet we still live by the rules they set.... it's kinda weird really....

Why not have a revolution?

This wouldn't be just one Country's revolution... this would be the whole World!!

[edit on 26-6-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
TPTB all of them shoudl be FORCED to watch this and be FORCED to take their children to these areas and EXPLAIN to THEM why THEY have forsaken all affected!
Powerful images indeed.
I keep waking up everyday hoping for a "change" but none has come...isn't that what the Sitting Fool promised us all?
Sick at heart.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by irishchic]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I feel like vomiting. I wish everyone in America would see this video so that they would all GET IT. There is still so much relative apathy to this whole event, that to me the bigger story is the lack of reaction by the American people. Have the majority of people gotten so selfish and uncaring that we won't do something decisive as a nation until it affects us DIRECTLY?

I remember seeing a documentary film which included scenes of American soldiers forcing German civilians from towns near the holocaust death camps to walk through and view the corpses, gas chambers, and crematoriums first hand. I think the idea was to create a pool of witnesses from those towns, whose people had all denied they knew anything about what happened. In this regard, I wish that we would send our Special Forces troops into the Boardrooms of the Oil companies, fly them to the places where the oil is washing ashore, and force them to 'witness' the results of the spill. And for better effect, it wouldn't be a bad idea to grab their families and bring them along too.

Maybe then, they would feel moved to consider the potential implications of their actions, and come to realize that profit should not be the only motivation in their day to day decisions. Maybe the look of terror on thier own children's faces would force them to truly think.

I know this disaster is BPs bad; however, it could have been any one of the oil companies. They all have ongoing operations that each present a unique opportunity for disaster. And if something profound isn't done now, it will be back to 'business as usual' until in another 5, 10. or maybe 20 years we have yet another serious oil spill event.

And finally (since its good to vent one's spleen), it makes me double sick that the judge who ruled against the 6 month moratorium on continued deep-water drilling is still a sitting judege today. He has an immense amount of his personal savings tied directly to BP and he is allowed to rule in a case concerning them? The bastard should have recused himself, and failing that, he should be immediately impeached and his ruling nullified.

Regardless of one's opinion on the Moratorium, the heart of our legal system pre-supposes an unbiased ruling based on facts, not on the judge's personal interest.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

SIMPATICO!

I guess this might show that there is something to the whole noosphere idea, huh?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I remember the gulf war when all the oil rigs were burning and seeping oil in the sea, it was really sad. Hopefully with time it will heal itself with the right help and get back to normal. Fingers crossed.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sashromi

As long as we have judges and politicians being bribed by oil companies there will be no changes, no lasting loratorium on drilling.

It's all in the dollars and cents folks. Money and profit being put before human and animal lives.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
Your computer you sit at is made from oil. The clothes on your back were produced and shipped using oil. The food you ate last night came from oil. The house you sit in was constructed on the precipice of oil.

Walk outside, have a look around you. Our ENTIRE western civilization is built by, runs on, lives breathes and eats oil.

We are the consuming drug addicts, BP and other oil companies are the drug dealers.

I just want you to look at it in this perspective along with your own, which I do agree with. Corners were cut, dangers overlooked, and what we have is potentially a cataclysmic event for all life. I believe this event will plunge us all off the cliff.

Its beyond words what has happened and may god help us all.

But I will say to you don't ride a high horse when it comes to this megalithic fu@k up.

We are all to blame.

agreed friend but as you can see by the responses these people are not ready to admit it and change. this is typical behavior of people that want to defend their lifestyle and refuse to make significant changes in their lives. life is just too good and comfortable. it is just too easy to blame somebody else for this mess. we are the customers, we create the demand, we are responsible for this and until we change it, we all have oil on our hands....live with it.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

The environment is,always has been,and always will be nothing more than a prop for the far left. They could care less about it. Their goal lies with TPTB
world communism. They have worked on shutting down coal,nuclear,and oil exploration not because they thought it was bad for the environment,though
that's what they tell us,but because it kills industry and jobs and sends those companies to other countries. If you are going to have a one world govt. no
country can be a super power. The United States MUST become a third world nation. BP did not choose to drill in 5,000' of water. Why would they it's very expensive. Law as of the 1970's mandates the federal govt. makes the decision on where an oil company drills. BP made it VERY CLEAR they wanted to drill in 500' of water but our govt. said no. Then after the disaster Obama called a stop on ALL offshore drilling for 6 months.
Those oil rigs cannot and will not set there not being used for 6 months. They will be moved. Once there moved all those jobs will go with them and they won't be coming back. Are you seeing the pattern.
Was it intentional to force BP to drill in 5,000' of water knowing that it was more likely an accident could occur there? And if it did would it be more difficult if not impossible to clean up? You tell me!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
That video is one of the saddest things I have ever seen. It is absolutely heartbreaking. We are witnessing the beautiful pristine Gulf coast becoming a toxic wasteland right before our very eyes. And for what purpose? Greed, and a callous disregard for our Mother Earth. The ramifications of this disaster are terrifying. Not only will this disaster destroy the ecosystem b/c of all the oil, that is nothing compared to what will happen if the massive amount of methane on the ocean floor that is continuing to grow changes from a liquid to a gaseous state and rises into the atmosphere. Not only will it suck all the oxygen out of the atmosphere surrounding it, killing anyone and anything in its path, ,anything could ignite it, creating an explosion that could possibly blow up the entire gulf region. Furthermore, the oil deposits from the spill will ignite, and fires will be impossible to extinguish. The fires could go one for years. God help us all.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

People are forgetting that this is not a spill, it's a rupture. The piping at the bottom of the sea floor is all your seeing. Please don't forget that that piping also extends into the sea bed to about 26,000FT below the sea bed.

BSL = Below Sea Level

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sashromi

You are correct about the judge. If he has any monetary interests tied to the case, it is absolutely unethical for him NOT to recuse himself. There is a canon of ethics that specifically applies to judges, and a judge trying a case in which he, has a personal interest in is one of the biggest violations of their ethics rules. That is simply corrupt. He should be reported, kicked off the bench and disbarred, IMO.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SneakAPeek

People are forgetting that this is not a spill, it's a rupture. The piping at the bottom of the sea floor is all your seeing. Please don't forget that that piping also extends into the sea bed to about 26,000FT below the sea bed.

BSL = Below Sea Level

What do you make of the whole volcano theory?

What exactly took place by digging too deep that it caused such a high pressure eruption?

I dont believe this is just a normal run of the mill oil spill either, if it was something so common it would have likely been capped by now.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join