It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad as hell - The real face of the BP oil catastrophe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+100 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Here is the true face of this abysmal, unspeakable disaster that has been thrust upon our world by a bunch of sick, greedy oil mongers.

Look at it. Do you see the reality of the situation? Do you not see the suffering that has been caused? Tony Hayward and cronies....are you human beings? Have you no shame for what you have done to our world?

All in the name of corporate gain.....all in the name of big oil. Big dollar signs.

So what if you scourge the Earth, so what if you reign death and destruction down upon the animals who breathe your toxic water.

So what if you bring poverty and hardship to the devestated people of the gulf regions, who loved and cherished and relied upon these waters that you have poisoned for personal gain.

Hundreds, soon to be thousands of bottle nosed dolphins have washed ashore dead. Just as many sea turtles, fish, birds and other wildlife will follow suit. An entire life supporting eco-system has been forever stained, choked out of existence by your black death.

White beaches of Florida now sit empty, blackened by your filth and unfit for habitation or use.

I curse you BP, Haliburton and every single solitary soul who is responsible for this devestation. I curse every single money grubbing pig who has profited at the expense of our southern gulf. I loathe you all and I pray that you suffer immensely for your cimes against humanity.

Will there ever be enough money, enough apologizing, enough PR, enough back shifting and blame passing....to make up for what you have done?

How could there be.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I can add nothing to what you've already written....you're so eloquent. It makes me cry and makes me ashamed to be human...look at what we've done.

Star and flag and bumping this up for more people to see.

Cait x

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
That is a truly epic video. the sad part of this all (of course besides millions of living creatures dying in such a horrid way) is that i dont think tony hayward or any of those people involved really care. For a lot of those people involved in destroying this beautiful land, the Gulf is just a place they will eventually leave and never have to visit again. Nothing can truly encompass the devistation that this has caused. God Bless the Gulf.

**Edit to add - BlackOps719 that truly couldnt have been said any better.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by ziggyproductions05]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
s&f

I can't watch it. I'm already to depressed. The photo says it all.

Dear Lord help us!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Thank you dear. Glad Im not the only one.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm beyond words at the moment.

This video only begins to tell the story

Those poor creatures, they can't escape the smell of it, the taste of it, their eyes burning. Sitting still until death.

Im just beyond words.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Reply to BlackOps719

Sorry don't know how to give stars...I'm pretty new; However I definitely gave you Flags. The music with those photos created a very intense presentation, hard to not cry on the outside, the inside of me hasn't stopped crying since the 1st photos of the animals suffering as well as dying...Sorry I don't recognize the track, but is that your music? Either way it's great & fits perfectly!

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Ektar]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The Greeks are selling off greek islands - to the bankers who crashed greece's economy in the first place

so they will just go somewhere else

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Your computer you sit at is made from oil. The clothes on your back were produced and shipped using oil. The food you ate last night came from oil. The house you sit in was constructed on the precipice of oil.

Walk outside, have a look around you. Our ENTIRE western civilization is built by, runs on, lives breathes and eats oil.

We are the consuming drug addicts, BP and other oil companies are the drug dealers.

I just want you to look at it in this perspective along with your own, which I do agree with. Corners were cut, dangers overlooked, and what we have is potentially a cataclysmic event for all life. I believe this event will plunge us all off the cliff.

Its beyond words what has happened and may god help us all.

But I will say to you don't ride a high horse when it comes to this megalithic fu@k up.

We are all to blame.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Nice still pictures of animals dying and a slow sad sond played in minor on a piano.
Funny thing is I didn't need that angle to hate the big corporations.
Thanks tho.

+26 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

No, we AREN"T all to blame.

We can only choose out of what is offered to us, not from what doesn't exist, isn't allowed to exist or is unfairly held back.

To lay the blame on all of us is to excuse the behavior of the real culprits: those who run the corporations that control the marketplace. But they are very good at socializing risk,and blame while privatizing profits and credit. When the citizenry respond to shortages by getting more efficient, they are never given credit for it, and any saved energy, water, or other resource is quickly diverted and used to generate more profits and demand, leading to blaming the citizenry for being wasteful again and demanding more efficiency and cutbacks.

Detroit decided to push gasguzzlers while killing greener models. They worked hard to push their crap at everyone and create the conditions to ensure that crap won over green, for both philosophical as well as economic reasons. Examples can be found throughout the economy of similarly limited choices.

Pushing the blame on "all of us" is wrong, and helps to support the status quo. It's pure PTB propaganda to shift responsibility. Please stop pushing that idea: it hinders rather than helps.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

I wish I could give you 100 stars! Exactly the way I feel.

Edit to add : OP very moving video, thanks for bringing it to our attention. F & S for you !

[edit on 25/6/2010 by SeenMyShare]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
...look at what we've done.
Cait x

ummm... speak for yourself... I didn't have anything to do with the gusher in the Gulf

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Originally posted by Nomad451
Your computer you sit at is made from oil. The clothes on your back were produced and shipped using oil. The food you ate last night came from oil. The house you sit in was constructed on the precipice of oil.

Walk outside, have a look around you. Our ENTIRE western civilization is built by, runs on, lives breathes and eats oil.

We are the consuming drug addicts, BP and other oil companies are the drug dealers.

I just want you to look at it in this perspective along with your own, which I do agree with. Corners were cut, dangers overlooked, and what we have is potentially a cataclysmic event for all life. I believe this event will plunge us all off the cliff.

Its beyond words what has happened and may god help us all.

But I will say to you don't ride a high horse when it comes to this megalithic fu@k up.

We are all to blame.

I am really getting tired of this "We are all to blame crap!" I have just about had enough! Yes, everything I do has its ties to oil. Where I have a choice, I go with the lesser of the evils. I recycle, I use public transportation, I buy glass containers when I get the choice. I go shopping once a week. I didn't open my swimming pool. And the list goes on.

I am not hero and I'm not alone. Many people I know are doing everything they can to conserve. The problem is we are not given enough choices. If we all had the choice to use other forms of energy yet chose oil, then we would all be to blame. We have marched, protested and begged. We get what is offered. So if you want to play the martyr and take the blame, be my guest. Stop blaming the rest of us!

[edit on 6/25/2010 by darkelf]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

A star for you!

Mandatory second line

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

this well put,I agree we cannot be held responsible for the secret plans that these malevolent hate filled monsters hide from us

I think we do well to remember to them we are 'Small people' and you're right they don't care about you any more than they care about this poor bird

we are nothing but an exploitable commodity and they think of us in terms of productivity versus lifespan and maintenance costs.the way dairy farmers think of their cows ,which they sell to the butcher as a reward for a lifetime of service

I hate them

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I can't watch this but I feel every horrifying desparate hopeless second of it

it's actually hurts just to think about it but thanks for the post

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Please, please, please, let make sure this video gets into as many net visitors as we can. . .

Remember that in America if is not happening in your neck of the woods people tend to become oblivious of the pain. . .

Just imagine children, babies been the ones drowning in that oil mess . . . animals like babies depend on others when they are helpless.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This is just terribly sad. If you can watch this and not shed a tear, then I don't see how you have a heart at all.

I care very deeply for the animals and I am ashamed to be a human.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
It is obscene what is happening down there. Can only hope that this comes back around and bites BP and the Feds in the ass. BP sucks balls.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join