It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who can prove to me god does not exist?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

If a religious person says "God created the universe", you can't verify this. Yet they don't even bother labeling it as a theory, they accept it as FACT. But it's not even close to a fact, we have zero proof for their statement. They aren't even twisting the facts, they just blindly believe and don't even ask for proof. That's blind faith, and worse than anything else because it hinders progress!

As for your contention that blind faith hinders progress ... i disagree .. faith is what the Wright Brothers had ... or anyone for that matter who invented anything or created something new ... it is believing in something we cannot yet prove or see ... faith that there is a God who created all of this & that He/She is a loving God who cares for me ... could be a good thing or a bad thing ... you don't have to ignore reality to have this desire to know God ... you can be as sane as anyone else ... it's all the other crap that makes religious people kooky ... they simply do bad things & ignore reality ... that is bad .... but their faith in the invisible is not the cause of this ... they are hoping for something better .. of course their actions show that they don't actually believe in much of anything .. particualrly if they are trying so hard to control others ...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niccawhois
I can prove it...

Ok: Make 2 lists, exactly the same of all your questions about God and write them down.
i.e...
Why wont God heal amputees?
Why don't prayer work to cure cancer in deserving people?
Why does god hide from his creations?

I'm sure you can think of a million others especially if you are a Christian, as the bible is complete nonsense!

Next: answer the questions on one as best you can by creating out of thin air the bizarre excuses you will need to maintain your faith.

On the other answer every question with "Because GOD is imaginary".

Study both papers and you will realize which one makes the most sense!

EVERYONE who claims to believe in God has their doubts...No matter how hard you try to convince people otherwise, you and I both know the truth!

To answer your questions ... God won't heal amputess bcua god created a perfect universe with perfect Laws which if She were to heal those who are ill .. She would be beaking her own laws ... inother words there is a reason why the amputee is missing a limb .. & a solution does exist for them ... but most people including religious ones are Godless ... we don't seek the divine with all our hearts ... we're pretty satisifed with all of life's distractions ...

the same goes for cancer being healed in deserving people .. obviously they don't believe they are deserving ... mostly we think of deserving as someone who is "Good" ... most people who are good hate themselves to a degree .... self love is not very prevalent on earth ... & wouldn't god see that as a "sin" just as much as hating another ?? To hate ones self ??

The truth is all sickness or unhappiness is a manifestation of our soul condition which is the collection of experiences we carry inside that we have not dealt with ... the pain & sadness & fear etc ... that is why the "bad" experiences occur .... how else would we know we are in error ??

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You didn't specifically respond to the fact that the bible recommends stoning to death or selling of slaves ... yet you still say that it is the word of God ...

yes i believe in god but the bible is a load of B.S. ... deal with it friend ...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by revolution44
reply to post by randyvs

You didn't specifically respond to the fact that the bible recommends stoning to death or selling of slaves ... yet you still say that it is the word of God ...

yes i believe in god but the bible is a load of B.S. ... deal with it friend ...

You got to be more specific than that my friend. It was Lord God who demanded the stoning, killings, sacrifices and to top it all of, Lord God even demanded us to worship no other God then him. The punishment for doing so was death by stoning.

God never demanded any of this evil that Lord God demands from us.

You can actually learn a lot form reading the Bible too. There might be a real God and a douchebag pretending to be God between the pages.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Who would even want to try and prove such a statement? Although I do understand that we search for the truth. God does exist. It’s the one thing I know. I wrote about it in Mommy’s Writings and why I accept a universal creator’s presence in all things. I’m indeed grateful to a higher consciousness whose love is infinite for his creation. Think about Sartre’s words: “I think, therefore I am.” In other words, it’s the truth.

Suzanne McMillen-Fallon, Published Author
www.strategicbookpublishing.com/Mommy, would you like a sandwich?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

There is proof life exists.
There is proof "creation" exists because humans create things.
There is NO evidence of a god or deity anywhere.

One of the things the Bible teaches ,is no one needs proof of God. The proof is everywhere. The fact he exists is so obvious we have no excuse for denying it. If I would have an Atheist keep one thing in mind. That it would be. To people who know God exists you are pitiful.
I accept Atheism, in fact I welcome it. it is the fulfilment of another prophecy.

revolution44

Well how would you have me respond to the truth? If the Bible says that, then I believe it. There is no response when the fact is, that is what is said.
Should I say, "No it doesn't say that." Why would I make a fool of myself and commit a direct sin against everything I believe at the same time.
The only thing I can say is redundant.
If the Bible says that. It is the truth. Deal with that..

[edit on 3-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
If the Bible says that. It is the truth. Deal with that.
[edit on 3-7-2010 by randyvs]

How do you know that it is the truth?

Because the Bible says so?

[edit on 3-7-2010 by PieKeeper]

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join