It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who can prove to me god does not exist?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScRuFFy63
God is real.

God is not real.

Both of those statements are claims. Only one of them is true. Either side needs proof. The only thing that we know for sure is that "something" got the ball rolling. Until we know what that was. the burden of proof lies with both sides.

I'm also open to evidence proving god is not real. A lack of evidence means nothing. If someone on trial for murder goes free because of a lack of evidence does that mean that without a doubt he is innocent? Or does that mean they cannot find the correct evidence?

I haven't said god is not real. In fact, I said I was open to evidence.

Since god is apparently invisible and people claim he/she/it exists, those people must provide some convincing objective evidence to overcome that problem of invisibility.

Without the evidence to support someone's extraordinary claims we would be subject to the belief in ANY claim purported by anyone, no matter how unlikely or absurd. Purple elephant orbiting between Mars and Jupiter controlling the universe? You cannot prove it doesn't exist. I cannot prove it does. Shall we believe it's there simply on the merits of my claim?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ccsct203
The Bible says:
"The fool says in his heart there is no God"

Those crafty authors!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos

Originally posted by ccsct203
The Bible says:
"The fool says in his heart there is no God"

Those crafty authors!

Those crafty posters...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

I can prove you God doesn't exist. If God existed why would he create Atheist/ non believers?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I wish people would consider what an "intelligent afterlife" means just as much as intelligent design. I know you don't have to believe in one to believe in the possibility of the other, but it would seem foolish to completely disregard the possibility of an intelligent design if you believe in an intelligent afterlife.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Of course God exists. In the mind of everyone who believes.

When I get to heaven I am going to ask God where he came from.
I want to know if he is an evolutionist.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
I want to know if he is an evolutionist.

You mean someone that accepts the fact of evolution?

Yeah, I'd assume a god, if it existed, would acknowledge the process of evolution as fact.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I don't know if it'll help.. but considering it is actually harder to prove a universal negative (like the non-existence of God). I'd have to say that the odds point in favor of a universal creator of life.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I don't know if it'll help.. but considering it is actually harder to prove a universal negative (like the non-existence of God). I'd have to say that the odds point in favor of a universal creator of life.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I can not wrap my mind around how man or animal came into existence.
And I can't wrap my mind around the idea that God has always been in existence.

Evolution is a perfectly legitimate explanation of how man evolved on Earth. In my mind, I can imagine each and every step in the process, I can completely visualize the whole process, starting from a pool of goo. However, just because evolution can explain it, doesn't mean it does explain what really happened.

Would you rather trust a bunch of clearly brainwashed morons storming around like saviors of the world...or would you rather use logic and rely upon facts and evidence...do you really think God would punish you for using rationality and thinking for yourself? Christians will tell such people they're are going to Hell, because you must accept Jesus as your savior and not question the will of God.

So...I'll leave the choice up to you...good luck.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
So can you prove to me god doesn't exist?

I can - just go search the forums for how many times this very topic has been asked. Now, ask yourself - would any god worth worshipping allow such a horrendous thing to go on and on and on and on and on ad nauseum? Surely not.

Therefore, I put it to you, if god existed he would not allow this thread. And as this thread does exist, there is no god.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

So can you prove to me that god does exists? - The answer is of course no therefore the question will always be futile as it is impossible to find a common ground.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Can you prove it does? common a picture, a paper sign with his name, a TV interview, you can do better than that.

why would i have to prove it does?
Remember i asked the simple question

i have no idea mate.

i got a opinion ...but opinion's are like arsehole's we all have one...right?

This is indeed true, as is that some of them also stink..

8]

You don't get it do you. YOU want proof god does not exists. If you could prove he does, you would have your answer.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Crimson_King

If God existed why would he create Atheist/ non believers?

God created life. He didn't create people who are atheists and non-believers. People themselves choose the beliefs that they hold.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Now, according to Bible logic we should all be worshipping my Bic lighter.

If that's the only logic you can make of it, then let that be your logic.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
How can you prove something that we have no proof even exists??

Just because we don't understand something fully (how we came to be), doesn't mean you can just make stuff up and state a god did it.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

It isn't about "evidence of God exist." I honestly thought it would be, "How do *you_know* God."

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Unless it was with a divine helping hand so to speak.

Let's say evolution is true for argument sake.
still how did we get here to evolve?

It's not like life is so abundant in the universe it just pop's up everywhere and evolves to its surroundings.

Evolution actually does not deal with the genesis of the first life, only with the natural process of adaptation and modification which creates diversity over time. Also, given our incredibly limited scope of our solar system, never mind galaxy or universe it's premature to jump the gun and say "life is incredibly rare", there's still debate as to whether life exists on Mars, nevermind in the next galaxy over.

Finally, the burden of proof lies on the person making the claim, which means the creationists. The ancient Greeks made a claim regarding evolution, it was up to them and those who followed to compile evidence to support this and create a working theory as for how evolution occurs. Darwin was the first to really hit the nail on the head, he made a claim and went on to prove it. It's what creationists should be trying to do(except that they can't).

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The "problem" is that there is nothing BUT proof that "god" "life" "creation" etc exist...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Unless it was with a divine helping hand so to speak.

Thank you for admitting your own intellectual shortcomings.

Let's say evolution is true for argument sake.
still how did we get here to evolve?

Scientists are still currently trying to answer the question of abiogenesis.

It's not like life is so abundant in the universe it just pop's up everywhere and evolves to its surroundings.

So you've traveled to every single planet in your super advanced spaceship in which to make that claim?

You can't prove a negative. It's about as intelligent as me demanding that you prove that magical little talking rocks don't rule the universe.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join