It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who can prove to me god does not exist?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I can not wrap my mind around how man or animal came into existence.
Unless it was with a divine helping hand so to speak.

Let's say evolution is true for argument sake.
still how did we get here to evolve?

It's not like life is so abundant in the universe it just pop's up everywhere and evolves to its surroundings.

So can you prove to me god doesn't exist?

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I'll try to save everybody's time from typing long texts about this whole thing by saying:
God + proof = don't mix

Either you believe or you don't.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
You have the burden of proof. Not the nonbelievers.
Also, infinite regression.

Anyways, I do also believe in a ONE that would be considered "God"
You believe, you don't believe, or you admittedly do not know.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Prove god does exist....

I don't believe in a traditional god like many. I have my own personal views on who or what god is.

If someone or something did make us, then where did they come from? You could go on forever with that. We are taught everything has a beginning so it can be hard to grasp where it all started when we really don't have the slightest idea.

Nice topic.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Who can prove to me god does not exist?

Can you prove that he/she does exist beyond a shadow of a doubt?

And if you can, maybe you can explain why he/she lets so much suffering/misery/murder/starvation/disease etc plague his/her so called "beloved creation".

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Well... Life could very well be that abundant in the universe.

Just recently they discovered signs of life on not one but even three places in our solar system.

Nobody can proof to you God does not exist. Just don't go fundamental on us and and nobody would care if you believe in a divine creator. I do.

But I refuse to deny science fact over a book that says in it that it is true.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Well..

In the book of Kings, Elijah sets up the groundwork to disprove that baal is real by setting up two bonfies with 2 sacrifices, and whichever's god doesn't respond by lighting the fire-their god is fake.

So...

"God, Lord almighty, I call upon you to prove to these witnesses that your might and glory is real! Bring flame to my cigarette!"..

Now, according to Bible logic we should all be worshipping my Bic lighter.

Just saying...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I don't think anybody has to prove anything to anybody.
Things like this are different to each person.
Since spirituality is such a personal thing,I think it is for the person to figure it out on their own with what their heart tells them.
There is no wrong answer in my mind.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I can......

Wait no I can't.........

Wait yes I can.....

no, yes, no, yes.

Ah hell who knows!

This is how this thread is gonna go. You are gonna have people telling you they know the truth, when the truth is there is no truth. No one truly knows or ever will know who or what god is.

Until the after-life.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

It's not up to us to prove that. It's up to the person stating the claim of existence to prove their argument. That is, if they are trying to debate in the existence of the object in question.

Besides, the lack of evidence of something does not prove it's existence. Have a read.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by noonebutme]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Why make a thread like this? Humans are either too dumb or on a different plane of reality to discover this "God". No evidence has ever been found to validate that a "god" even exists or to the contrary doesn't exist. So in all reality this is a dead question, that cannot and by my estimation, will never be answered.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Which "god" are you referring to, if I may ask?

the Christian one?
Allah?
Buddah?
Wodan and Thor?
Apollo?
Shiva?
Krishna?

btw... You can't prove a negative...

David Hume explain sit better then I ever could:

If the evil in the world is intended by god he is not good. If it violates his intentions he is not almighty. God can't be both almighty and good. There are many objections to this, but none that holds since god is ultimately responsible for the existence of evil. Besides, if only god can create he must have created evil. If somebody else (the devil) created evil, how can one know that god, and not Satan created the universe?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
why is the burden on me to prove he doesn't or does?

i asked ats if they knew.

i got no idea to be honest if he does or doesn't.
i got a hunch there is more than we will ever know or claim to know while we are alive.
we are just not meant to know.

But i will say again can ats prove to me god doesn't exist?
i figured at least 1 million atheist's would have been trying to brow beat me by now lol
go figure lol

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

any god if it's the one that created everything we call life.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

There's your problem. You want a shortcut answer to explain things outside the frontiers of human knowledge. The concept of "god" is a one-size-fits-all explanation for anything outside human knowledge. It seems any unprovable explanation will do because your desire to have an answer outweighs the desire to not B.S. yourself.

Fine, now you have an answer. Personally, I am fine with not knowing and subsequently not invoking an imaginary presence to have an explanation.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

Why make a thread like this? Humans are either too dumb or on a different plane of reality to discover this "God". No evidence has ever been found to validate that a "god" even exists or to the contrary doesn't exist. So in all reality this is a dead question, that cannot and by my estimation, will never be answered.

it can be answered but if it's the correct answer we will never know lol

We and everything in the universe is made of energy.
energy by science law can never be destroyed nor created it only changes form.
We are for all intent immortal.
or we all have a little bit of god in us?
lol idk lol

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

No, nobody can do this and you know it. Silly Thread!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Look,
Nobody can prove anything if the second party has already made up their mind. You cite 'millions of atheists' which means you are at least peripherally familiar with the arguments.

Simply put, the question you SHOULD ask is "Whether any divine being exists, how should I let that affect my life?"

All the religious books endorse all sorts of monstrous behavior. If you read the bible, a proper Christian now days, is not a follower of Christ in the bible. The Christ in the Bible stated succinctly that he was not there to do away with the old laws (Old Testament) but to 'fulfill prophecies'.

ie: if you do not adhere strictly to the OT, you are doomed because you did not follow around 600 commandments that are issued, doesn't matter if many are contradicted-sometimes in the same chapter.

Thus: You have to define how you are going to live. If there is no heaven or hell, there is no taint on motives to do good. You help people because that is who you are and not because there is a promise of reward.

So... What kind of person do you want to be? Does that person need a divine being in their life or not?

Proof is something that is irrelevant. People only acknowledge what affirms their beliefs anyway. If it makes you happy, do it.. Oh, and don't rub those beliefs on strangers in the subway either-bad form.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

You only believe in a god because you've been told that god exists.

Throughout history people have had the same question, why are we here, it's part of being self aware.

With so many people asking that same question, you will get people even today taking the opportunity to gain power over people by giving them an answer, their god.

Years ago people thought the earth was flat and that the sun was indeed a god too. There have been so many beliefs over the years that have been created due to lack of understanding.

Sadly, most people don't have an open mind and take blind faith as a proven fact.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Tykonos]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

There's your problem. You want a shortcut answer to explain things outside the frontiers of human knowledge. The concept of "god" is a one-size-fits-all explanation for anything outside human knowledge. It seems any unprovable explanation will do because your desire to have an answer outweighs the desire to not B.S. yourself.

Fine, now you have an answer. Personally, I am fine with not knowing and subsequently not invoking an imaginary presence to have an explanation.

but my disillusion is my downfall as you say.
Yet i saw no clear answer from you to prove god doesn't exist.
cause to be honest that is the question.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join