It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who can prove to me god does not exist?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Your theory is flawed, energy cannot be created nor destroyed, ONLY PASSED ON. No one knows if the energy in the human body "changes" after death, at that point all we know is that it leaves the body.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriathwen

The "problem" is that there is nothing BUT proof that "god" "life" "creation" etc exist...

Huh?

There is proof life exists.
There is proof "creation" exists because humans create things.
There is NO evidence of a god or deity anywhere.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by TheAmused

Your theory is flawed, energy cannot be created nor destroyed, ONLY PASSED ON. No one knows if the energy in the human body "changes" after death, at that point all we know is that it leaves the body.

That's not true at all. There is no evidence of *anything* leaving the body upon death. They decay of life is a well known process. You die, you become worm and plant food. The energy of your living body, now deceased is utilized by bacterium, plants, scavengers, etc.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
[edit on 25-6-2010 by Naughty B0B]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The OP wants to know if anyone can prove that God does not exist.

If you cant find facts about God by googling. Than God cant exist period
That's how people on ATS debunks its problem, as with every other subjects. Well sometimes they also use their personal opinion, that is just as good

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

That's my point, they can't track any energy at all. The Human Body just stops working and like you said decays but wouldn't you say there is an apparent lack of energy at death? A complex system the human body is and then it just stops? There is clearly a lose of energy at death, whatever that energy may be is up for discussion.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

reply to post by sirnex

That's my point, they can't track any energy at all. The Human Body just stops working and like you said decays but wouldn't you say there is an apparent lack of energy at death? A complex system the human body is and then it just stops? There is clearly a lose of energy at death, whatever that energy may be is up for discussion.

When your body dies, everything in it doesn't just suddenly without warning come to a complete utter halt. The energy provided by food and oxygen get's used up before that final cessation of life occurs. Whatever is left is left for other life to make use of. Or for your family to cremate.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Well then my friend you've found your path. I'm not religious but I am spiritual and to say there absolutely isn't an energy in our bodies we don't understand is madness. Like I said to each there own.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I just felt like clearing something up; since you don't know how life came to be, you assume that it has to be because of some supernatural power or deity? Deny ignorance indeed.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

reply to post by sirnex

Well then my friend you've found your path. I'm not religious but I am spiritual and to say there absolutely isn't an energy in our bodies we don't understand is madness. Like I said to each there own.

I would agree, but I also see no reason to assume that there is. An assumption that there is some unknown super duper energy there doesn't make your spiritualistic beliefs any more real. You can believe whatever you want till you crap out rainbows. A belief does not make a fact. If you are going to make a claim that your belief is true, then you should be ready, willing and able to prove that belief is true.

Point of fact is, there is no evidence for your belief in which for me to believe. Without that evidence, we might as well both believe that mice rule the universe and created the Earth and humans as some kind of super computer in which to discover the secrets of the universe! Hey, it was written in a book, so it must be true!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Who Can Prove To me That God Exists?

I am not saying I don't believe in a creator but can you prove it?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
why is the burden on me to prove he doesn't or does?

i asked ats if they knew.

i got no idea to be honest if he does or doesn't.
i got a hunch there is more than we will ever know or claim to know while we are alive.
we are just not meant to know.

But i will say again can ats prove to me god doesn't exist?
i figured at least 1 million atheist's would have been trying to brow beat me by now lol
go figure lol

You will never get a good answer. I used to belong to a popular science forum and every time I asked about things that are unknown in science I would get the same answer. " The burden of proof is on you"

This is part of the Cult of the Church of Science's rhetoric to try to turn around a discussion back on the poster. They do not or cannot provide an answer and they think by using this old cheap tactic they are saving face, when in reality they are showing how stupid they really are.

Another example of how Science is really a true religion and a cult. One day I am going to tabulate all this info I am collecting and make thread about The Cult of the Church of Science.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I don't think you grasp the concept of facts and scientific proof. Science is NOT faith based, it fact, it's about as far way from faith as you can get. You can verify statements science makes because they present PROOF.

Religious people make outrageous statements ("we are children of Adam & Eve") without providing ANY proof. They can make up whatever they want, and then come along saying "prove me wrong". Funny enough, they ask for proof without providing any themselves.

Evolution = fact...we have evidence!
Existence of god = speculation
The earth is round = fact...we have proof!
There was a talking snake in paradise tempting Eve = speculation

Do you see the difference?

Calling science a "cult" or "church"...or stating that it's faith based is beyond ridiculous. It's a tactic a lot of religious folk use to make themselves feel better about their belief...they think by saying "science is only a belief like mine, and not based on facts" they sort of validate their own belief. In reality, it just makes them look really stupid

[edit on 25-6-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

The Bible never once tries to prove God exists. There isn't a science book
anywhere that says he dosn't. You have likely heard that it is impossible to prove that God exists. You have heard wrong. Not only can the existence of God be proven, denying the proof undermines rational thought. It is true that God does not need anyone, let alone me, to prove his existence.The existence of God is so obvious that we are without excuse for denying it. No one needs proof that God exists. There are also those who wouldn't accept any proof. Even if God smacked them across the face. They would deny it. That's why you will never send me looking for a proof to show someone. To the curb with it all. As in the end I will be at least as happy as any atheist.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

So the bible never tried to proof God's existence...that's correct! Instead, it just claims he/she/it exists without providing any proof. That's like me taking a piece of paper and starting to write about how the giant purple space turtle created us...I can CLAIM that's true, but it's utter meaningless without proof.

The bible states that God exists over and over and over. Hell, the whole faith is based around his/her/its existence.

Like in Hebrews 13:5,6:

Be content with what you have, for God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid."

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Where is my faith? Even deep down ... there is nothing but emptiness and darkness ... If there be God—please forgive me. When I try to raise my thoughts to Heaven, there is such convicting emptiness that those very thoughts return like sharp knives and hurt my very soul ... How painful is this unknown pain—I have no Faith. Repulsed, empty, no faith, no love, no zeal, ... What do I labor for? If there be no God, there can be no soul. If there be no soul then, Jesus, You also are not true. "Mother Teresa"

Mother Teresa experienced doubts and struggles over her religious beliefs which lasted nearly fifty years until the end of her life, during which "she felt no presence of God whatsoever", "neither in her heart or in the eucharist" as put by her postulator Rev. Brian Kolodiejchuk.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

I don't think you grasp the concept of facts and scientific proof. Science is NOT faith based, it fact, it's about as far way from faith as you can get. You can verify statements science makes because they present PROOF.

Religious people make outrageous statements ("we are children of Adam & Eve") without providing ANY proof. They can make up whatever they want, and then come along saying "prove me wrong". Funny enough, they ask for proof without providing any themselves.

Evolution = fact...we have evidence!
Existence of god = speculation
The earth is round = fact...we have proof!
There was a talking snake in paradise tempting Eve = speculation

Do you see the difference?

Calling science a "cult" or "church"...or stating that it's faith based is beyond ridiculous. It's a tactic a lot of religious folk use to make themselves feel better about their belief...they think by saying "science is only a belief like mine, and not based on facts" they sort of validate their own belief. In reality, it just makes them look really stupid

Oh I grasp the concept of scientific facts alright. Your post has nothing to do with my post above. I was answering the Op's question - not speaking about faith, god or religion.

I never said Science was a 'faith' as you put it. I call science a religion and a cult based on the influence of scientific rhetoric. Things such as I mentioned above with the " burden of proof is on you" trick and the fact that science often tries to claim as fact that which is only theory. Science behaves as if it were a religion.

I know perfectly well what constitutes a fact. I often asked Scientists about things that are unknown to science (not religion). Things that we experience in our world that science has no answers for. That's when I would get the "burden of proof is on you" No.. it's not.. these are things I wish to know more about.. that's why I asked the scientists ( the so called experts) in the first place.

So, in the absence of facts, science does not say, " interesting, Possible, this needs more investigation." Science all too often says, " Impossible, not true, Can't be true because 'our present model doesn't account for that' (never thinking their present model is only a theory not a fact and therefore could be wrong.)

You see.. Science is as dependent on 'faith' or 'belief' in this respect as any religion ever was. Only half of science is about the Facts, the other half is propaganda to shore up the lack of facts and try to make people believe their theories instead of investigating more.

Not all individual scientist feel this way, but over all this is the general consensus of science.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Science can't claim theories as fact because they are labeled as THEORIES...DUCY?

If scientists (good scientists anyway) don't have the answer to something, they either say "we don't know...yet", or start testing different theories.

Religion doesn't do that, religion is static. Religion is 100% made up by man, there is NO proof, no evidence, just pure speculation. It took the church hundreds of years to admit they were wrong about Galileo!! It took em just as long to recognize Darwin. It took em ages to stop burning people as witches, and some religions still continue doing today.

The latest strategy of religious people is to claim science is a "cult" that makes things up. When the very definition of scientific method makes this impossible. There might be some bad scientists misstating things to get more funding, but we have PROOF, and EVIDENCE for all major scientific statements. Those that aren't fully proven are labeled as THEORIES. So no, science isn't based on "faith" or "belief" at all

The whole bible should be renamed "The Theory of the Bible" because there is no proof whatsoever

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Science can't claim theories as fact because they are labeled as THEORIES...DUCY?

Sure scientists say this with thier mouth all the time, but look around in the world.. media newspapers, tv etc often report theories as facts.. do the scientists ever bother to correct them.. rarely.

If scientists (good scientists anyway) don't have the answer to something, they either say "we don't know...yet", or start testing different theories.

Religion doesn't do that, religion is static. Religion is 100% made up by man, there is NO proof, no evidence, just pure speculation. It took the church hundreds of years to admit they were wrong about Galileo!! It took em just as long to recognize Darwin. It took em ages to stop burning people as witches, and some religions still continue doing today.

You just said " there is NO proof, no evidence, just pure speculation" This being the case why do you say, " Religion is 100% made up by man"? This is only your belief. You do not know that this statement is true. I will not speculate if this statement is true or not, just pointing out the flaw in your logic.

The latest strategy of religious people is to claim science is a "cult" that makes things up. When the very definition of scientific method makes this impossible. There might be some bad scientists misstating things to get more funding, but we have PROOF, and EVIDENCE for all major scientific statements. Those that aren't fully proven are labeled as THEORIES. So no, science isn't based on "faith" or "belief" at all

I unlike the people you speak of do not claim science is a cult because they 'make things up'. I base it on how science behaves.

Many times you only Think you have proof and evidence. I have seen many times where this so called proof is overturned in light of new understanding and information. In fact, history is filled with these examples. Therefore no scientific 'proof' can ever be claimed as 100% fact. Fully proven one day, dis proven the next. Yes, Theories are revised and do change, but the powers the be often promote theories as fact to force their agenda.

The whole bible should be renamed "The Theory of the Bible" because there is no proof whatsoever

No one claims that the bible is based on 100% provable facts.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

The bible states that God exists over and over and over. Hell, the whole faith is based around his/her/its existence.

Well I suppose you're right! The Bible is a record of the things people
said.
If you want to look at it like some lame that couldn't even write
a critique on the Bible. Then you could also say the Bible teaches he
doesn't exist at the same time. Look it says it right here. Take all that you will out of context, to gain your feeling' s of superiority over believers. Mock the word all you can.
Atheists are one big joke if ask me. No explanation for existence admitedly. They know they never will have one. So why try to find one?
When we can bag on everyone else that does have an explanation. I certainly don't see any ancient books of Atheism laying around the library. ( 40 good years tops ) how utterly ignorant /arrogant, to belive, you can just come on scene after worlds have passed before us.
You simply from the beginning have no right to mock the Bible IMO.
The only explanations I've ever heard from Atheism
can always be made to sound far more lame than anything in the Bible.
I'll take an ancient text over what an atheist says all day long. 24/7.
It has proven itself to me like none of you ever could. If you
wern't all so pathetic you would be out look'in for your own answers.

But you sit here day in and day out being total hypocrites. Why?

[edit on 25-6-2010 by randyvs]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join