It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My unexpected discovery. The Hollow Earth Theory.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I dont know why people keep comparing us to other stars and even have the guts to say if we are hollow than other stars are also hollow and because of chemical composition of gases on other stars it cannot be true so they quash the theory - what an idiotic approach -

You dont even know whats beneath you and you gonna tell me about mercury and mars which are at least a million light years away from us that they have never visited and then go on to say they cant be hollow so earth cant be.

These are same scientists that made us believe for years that atom is the smallest particle and we are descendants of monkeys

No wonder we are so backward its all these goof balls tied to are legs pulling us back. So please stop telling about other stars before you know where u are that is if you are not stuck on your toilet seat.

Knowledge is power only if you can prove the truth while you are still alive.

[edit on 1212:6 26/06 by Charly111]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Ok, this is one of the whackiest theories we have on ATS. I've take one of the expedition flights from Germany to flyover and see the terrestrial north pole. No big hole. Lots of sheets of shifting ice, but nothing like what ya'll are talking about.

The smallest star is a little bit bigger than Jupiter. The coolest star still burns around 2000 degrees. So an internal sun wouldn't be possible.

A huge hollow earth would collapse under its own weight. It would collapse into a round, solid earth, with a molten core, actually. Newtonian physics dictates that. You can calculate the mass of the earth, with a little elementary physics, if you feel like it. And you will find that the earth is roughly as dense as molten iron. It is not empty space; it is molten iron (mostly).

Mammoth Cave. Been there too. 379 feet deep. I believe about 370 miles of it are explored. Didn't see any dwarves, aliens, dragons or Lord of the rings characters.

In Norway theres a hole dug into the earth 40000 feet deep.

Seismic activity indicates the earth isn't hollow.

But I think basic physics pretty much rules it out.

Now there are massive underground caverns that are big enough to make some people thing the earth might be hollow, jsut like people used to think the earth was flat. But it isn't.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
One easy way to disprove this whole nonsense about "hollow Earth" is gravity. A massive superdense object like a star at the center of the earth would generate tremendous gravitational forces that would pale the gravitational forces that we see on the Earth's surface today.

Second, how and why does a thin hollow layer of soil form a shell around the star without collapsing into it ? With the gravitational forces exerted, the hollow earth would have to be made of really dense and strong material, much more thermally stable than concrete and harder than steel.

Third, a miniature star inside the Earth would affect the entire solar system as the gravitational forces would act on the entire solar system that would be noticeable through the effect of other celestial bodies orbits in the solar system. But that is not the case at all...

All of this is common sense and anybody who wants the links can try google. I can't be bothered to google common sense.

Wow. The list of people who refuse to even read a few paragraphs that Sinter Klaus has provided is getting long. Over and over in this thread, the same tired ideas are popped out, as if no one has bothered to read anything.

To folks like: Gorman91, Weedwhacker, Chadwickus, Orionhunter, ElectricUniverse...Look, of course you are all correct! You state everything as fact (so it must be). We must all simply "accept" the accepted. Got it.

BUT, why must we read, over and over again, the same nonsense that has already been addressed?

The "inner sun": It's NOT a "star". Read what the HE theory says, read what others, including the Mod ArMap has said...you have a wonderful straw-man, but you just make yourselves look foolish by attacking a star, when that's not even what anyone says it is. Sheesh.

Gravity: Oh yes, here, as IAF101 points out, is the "EASY" way to stop thinking, plus, he invokes the straw-man star to boot. As I've mentioned before, "gravity" is one of the least understood concepts in modern science. As many are aware, it continues to be the most stubborn of the "forces" that refuses to comply with the many attempts to find a grand "unified" theory.

To be so absolutist, so confident about how gravity works, and even worse, to assert that one know "why" it works, is almost like bragging about your ignorance. Yes, we may know a lot about what we call "gravity", we may know how to send probes into space, we can make accurate calculations, but science still does not "know" what gravity is! Is gravity always proportional to mass? The evidence seems against it, and yet, it is just another absolute "fact" that can be (mis) used to trash any idea that does not comply. Insanity.

I especially enjoyed this factoid thrown out by Chadwickus: Without an iron core, there is no magnetosphere, therefore we wouldn't even be talking about it! So, this is now a "fact"? Without an "iron core", no magnetosphere?? I had no idea how advanced we were! Scientists are all in agreement on this one, ha? And someone like Gorman91 would certainly back you up, and label anyone else a "retard". I'm guessing that guys like Tesla would get the retard of the year award from your ilk, since he dared to think outside the box.

Well, I'm sure that this post won't stop the same people from saying the same things over and over again, on every page of the thread, regardless of how irrelevant they are. I guess that's what the "ignore" button is for...

JR

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

And there we have it...folks!!

I guess not everyone can catch on when it's a joke so good, it just goes over their heads???

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Gravity works with density.

Light lasting that long and providing enough energy for an ecosystem can only come from a star

If it's some crazy magical energy source, it would still generate EMP fields. As I told you, energy does not want to be together. When it is, it creates interference. Collision.

Tesla? Tesla has something you don't. Proof. He wins the genius of the 20th century. Toping Einstein.

Aaaaaand that kills your steaming pile.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Time for some calculations (that may be completely wrong
) based on the measurements (using the metric system, sorry) that can be seen bellow.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/6a4c2c30d3a6edf5.gif[/atsimg]

For a diameter of 6,350km we get a volume of 1.083x10^12 km³, and if we subtract the volume of the hole (5.462x10^11 km³, for a sphere with a radius of 6,350-1,300 km) we get a volume of 5.163x10^11 km³, almost half of the volume of a solid (meaning not hollow) Earth.

Now, as the first image from the opening post shows that the "shell" is composed mostly of basalt and granite, I think we can use an average density of 3, resulting in a mass of 1.638x10^21 kg, and if we consider that gravity can be relatively accurately represented by today's common knowledge, Earth's mass is supposed to be something like 5.9736×10^24 kg, so the hollow Earth mass is 3645 smaller than the "solid" Earth.

We can use the inner "Sun" to compensate for the missing mass, but in that case we need a "Sun" with a 1300 km radius that must have a mass of 5.972x10^24 kg, so it must have a density of 6,48962E+14, 462 million times as dense as the Sun we see every day.

Now, let's try to make some weight calculations. From an external point of view, everything remains the same, because for an external observer the Earth still has the same volume, mass and geometrical centre.

I know that this hasn't any accuracy and is based on subjective values, but if we consider that things on the inside surface is attracted by the ground beneath them, and if we consider that the biggest influence is made by a conic volume (because, for inner observers, the ground rises from all sides, influencing less the force that pushes them to the ground) that I will arbitrarily consider of having a base with a radius of 1300 km (the same as the shell thickness), we get a mass of 1.725x10^18 kg, and that creates a force of 0,011kg on an object with a mass of 100 kg.

From the opposite side we have that extremely massive "sun", and it attracts that 100 kg object with a 158.171 kg force, so the object would fall to the inner "sun".

As I said before, all this may be completely wrong, so if anyone can correct my mistakes (or confirm that I'm right), that would be great.

Edit: a correction, the density of inner "sun" would be 5.192x10^15, 3,708,353,109 times bigger than the density of the know, external Sun.

[edit on 26/6/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I am almost certain that at that size and density, you have a black hole. What exactly stops the Earth from collapsing into it?

I know the accretion disk of some black holes go extremely faster than the Earth's rotation.

Can anyone explain how something over 400 million times as dense as the sun is still giving off light, let alone not sucking us into oblivion?

Let me just see that.

If the whole of the sun is 1 unit of density. Earth would be 400 million more?

1 : 400,000,000

Wouldn't the sun revolve around the Earth then?

I don't know. I just can't help but laugh at yet another shot to the face of this theory.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
If the whole of the sun is 1 unit of density. Earth would be 400 million more?

1 : 400,000,000

Wouldn't the sun revolve around the Earth then?

No, only the supposed "sun" inside the supposed hollow Earth would have that density, the inner "sun"/hollow Earth pair would be the same average density and mass.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yes. But the amount of density makes a black hole, not mass. That dense, you are going to have a black hole.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
how wide is the earth? so the mini sun would be how big? how close to the inner inhabitants? do you know how deformed they'd be? and all these space pics of the poles are falsified? even before they had photoshop? and even though we know auroras come from the big sun? i mean you can see the solar winds actually causing auroras as they happen. and all the natives dont know about it? you can literally go right now and get live footage of earth.

you'd have been better off postulating that the core provides their heat. you can use that next time youre amazed by this theory and post it again.

polar shift is real, but not possible if all this is true, because its done because of magnetism of the core, which is mostly iron, and the magnetic output of the sun and flow of our solar system. and it happens every so many eons naturally, we'll be do soon.

i'm not hating on your search for truth amongst lies.

i am an avid reader of david icke, he talks about this. then i went and researched. i opened my mind to the possibility, i guess thats where you are in your life. but we're really still on this? i outgrew this theory when i was 16 and learned logic. and david icke is correct about many things i think, this not being one of them.

now a shadow govt staying concealed is possible. this staying covered up is not. you can literally go there right this second. but i'm gonna go out on a limb and say you've never been there. all this info came from other places and you were simply amazed, werent you? i was too, so i'm not hating.

take all that energy you have for conspiracies and shift it to the right ones. its just that easy. we're literally under attack right now and youre talking about mickey mouse.

btw saying something is a fact is still an opinion. and the psyche ward is full of people with genuine facts, to them. but theyre in the ward because theyre not facts to anyone else. enjoy your day sir or maam

peace

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
oh and our current understanding of gravity is that it doesnt exist. what we call gravity is the warping of time-space by mass. even an atom has gravity. thats how we exist, atoms naturally clump. space-time is large, then near matter its smaller (the space-time itself). there are places where time is nearly stopped.

in our solar system and even in our galaxy we still feel microgravity. its the warping of the entire dimension basically. and in between galaxies theres still microgravity even right in the middle. so called gravity rather than pulling, would be better explained as slipping. we're actually not being pulled to the earth, idk.

in english it cant be explained or my vocab isnt big enough. but i have a sneaking suspicion that its too big for us as our minds currently work.

and jr macbeth is a good example of someone sticking his fingers in his ears and humming as loud as possible to drown it out. and no i didnt read most of the posts cause its the same theory its always been. and what do you have to say to the gentleman a few replies ago who flew over it? is he an agent of disinformation?

no core? then how do mountains exist? how do earthquakes happen? how is there water? when the moon came from earth or another planet colliding (since its getting farther away it came from here) how come everything didnt just explode? if you hit a hollow egg shell itll explode. and some of the meteors that hit us? woulda broke us. i was cool with sinter klaus, but jr macbeth had a bad day or something, and since we have the anonymity of the internet, hes tough enough to belittle everyone. jr macbeth is a junior tragedy hahaha i made a funny

and if its not a star in the center then thered be no plants or people or life of any kind. and for whatever argument you have for that, what about radiation?

and you can figure the mass of anything by figuring how it bends space, you can figure out the space bent by mass. from an atom to a galaxy. black holes are terrifyingly dense, thusly they bend a lotta space, thusly we are here. and if the math was wrong we wouldnt know how to fly in space, or on earth, we wouldnt know orbits, we wouldnt know things fall down, we'd be making sacrifices to ra so the sun keeps rising. which coincidentally is where the christian right wants us.

but this is all taking away from the real conspiracies. police are beating people to a pulp legally and we're sitting here like idiots talking about this.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mav0360

I could aid your explanation of gravity. Imagine a kind of 3d version of the top of an idol body of water. This water has one force, atmospheric pressure. It keeps it going down, just like the gravitational constant, amplified by dark matter. Take a single pebble and drop it in the water, and suddenly everything moves. Well with space-time, the water is more like a very mobile goo. Everything still moves, but an item's mass basically squeezes in all direction to the mass' center. This is dependent on density. More mass in the same volume, the more deeper the goo is pushed to a center, stronger with more mass. Eventually any given mass will become encased with the goo. Once that happens, it cannot escape. Welcome to a black hole.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
why do you people keep focusing so much on this "inner sun" thing.. it's pretty obvious there's not a giant exploding ball of hydrogen inside the planet

an "inner sun" could be just about anything...

Atomic Nucleus

The nucleus is the very dense region consisting of nucleons (protons and neutrons) at the center of an atom. Almost all of the mass in an atom is made up from the protons and neutrons in the nucleus, with a very small contribution from the orbiting electrons. It was discovered in 1911, as a result of Ernest Rutherford's interpretation of the famous 1909 Rutherford experiment performed by Hans Geiger and Ernest Marsden, under the direction of Rutherford.

The diameter of the nucleus is in the range of 1.6 fm (1.6×10−15 m) for hydrogen (the diameter of a single proton) to about 15 fm for the heaviest atoms, such as uranium. These dimensions are much smaller than the diameter of the atom itself (nucleus + electronic cloud), by a factor of about 23,000 (uranium) to about 145,000 (hydrogen).

The branch of physics concerned with studying and understanding the atomic nucleus, including its composition and the forces which bind it together, is called nuclear physics.

Gaia Hypothesis

The Gaia hypothesis, Gaia theory or Gaia principle is a controversial ecological hypothesis or theory proposing that the biosphere and the physical components of the Earth (atmosphere, cryosphere, hydrosphere and lithosphere) are closely integrated to form a complex interacting system that maintains the climatic and biogeochemical conditions on Earth in a preferred homeorhesis. Originally proposed by James Lovelock as the earth feedback hypothesis,[1] it was named the Gaia Hypothesis after the Greek primordial goddess of the Earth, at the suggestion of William Golding, Nobel prizewinner in literature and friend and neighbour of Lovelock.[2] The hypothesis is frequently described as viewing the Earth as a single organism.[3]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Can anyone explain how something over 400 million times as dense as the sun is still giving off light, let alone not sucking us into oblivion?

Didn't you know there's no 'sun' in there? It's them alien glow worms, for crying out loud! They make a dandy sun!! Elementary, Dr Watson! So now you know! Carry on...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mav0360

in english it cant be explained or my vocab isnt big enough. but i have a sneaking suspicion that its too big for us as our minds currently work.

and jr macbeth is a good example of someone sticking his fingers in his ears and humming as loud as possible to drown it out. and no i didnt read most of the posts cause its the same theory its always been....

and if its not a star in the center then thered be no plants or people or life of any kind. and for whatever argument you have for that, what about radiation?

and you can figure the mass of anything by figuring how it bends space, you can figure out the space bent by mass. from an atom to a galaxy. black holes are terrifyingly dense, thusly they bend a lotta space, thusly we are here. and if the math was wrong we wouldnt know how to fly in space, or on earth, we wouldnt know orbits, we wouldnt know things fall down, we'd be making sacrifices to ra so the sun keeps rising. which coincidentally is where the christian right wants us.

but this is all taking away from the real conspiracies. police are beating people to a pulp legally and we're sitting here like idiots talking about this.

Well sir, I was going to just give you a pass, since obviously English is not your native tongue, but a double post? I hope that rereading the quotes from you above gives you pause. You are EXACTLY what I was talking about!

So let's see, you seem to be humble enough to admit something is too big for the way our minds currently work. OK, nice start. And then, you apparently read my post complaining about how no one seems to be reading anything, and then...you brag about NOT READING! Perfect.

THEN, right back to the utterly irrelevant "sun", and "radiation"...AGAIN. And so you prove my point. Who is humming as loud as they can?

Well then, you go on to educate the rest of us with the obvious about mass, and gravity...yeah, except that dozens of posts in this thread have already been there, done that.

Finally, we get to the real reason you posted anything, without reading the previous. You have an axe to grind! It's the friggin' "christian right" that wants us to worship the sun or some such nonsense. And to finish it off, the hard-working Sinter Klaus is just talking about "Mickey Mouse", when people are "beating people". No further comment here.

I was sure amused to see old Weedwhacker throw in his worthless one-liner. Of course, it's all a joke, and besides, he's convinced most ATS'ers are "young", and so, well...oh yeah, that's just as irrelevant as most of what he spews.

Thankfully, Gorman91 came to the rescue with his vast iron-clad store of indisputable knowledge:

Factoid #1: "Light lasting that long and providing enough energy for an ecosystem can only come from a star..."

Well, now that we all "know" that, we needn't bother with any other alternatives! So glad you cleared this up for the rest of us ignorant fools.

Factoid #2: "If it's some crazy magical energy source, it would still generate EMP fields."

What a relief! I have a feeling that I need never think again after this one! You mean, I could dream up any "crazy magical energy source", and it will always generate EMP fields??? OMG!! I had no idea how dangerous my basement was!! If I had only known...

Here's the good news. Mav0360 says he's "outgrown" theories (David Icke's, or all of them?) a couple of years ago, back when he was 16. He's a big boy now! Gorman91 is still waiting to outgrow something. And then there's Weedwhacker. He'll tell you that he outgrew just about everything, a long time before anyone else was in diapers! Seriously, if you have read some of his posts, it's the most consistent theme I have determined. Diapers...

But then, back to the Hollow Earth Theory. Thanks again to Sinter Klaus for his hard work, in spite of the legions who are so unreasonably dismissive.

JR

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This is a great analysis! I expect to see more like this from ATS members

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I would have to agree that some here dismiss with the authority of god on some subjects. The blatant refusal to even acknowledge or entertain any uncommon idea is a testament to a very restriced thought process. Critical thinking must provoke migrane headaches on these type of people.

It is unfortunate people refuse and accept with full authority within the same sentence anything they claim to have unaltered 100% knowledge or truth of. This is the largest roadblock to understanding as it is impossible to fill a cup that is already full.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

i agree 100%, in a world where "education is the key to success" we are rewarded for NOT using our own heads and simply memorizing what others tell us. i think this is the main reason why hardly anything is original anymore; almost everything's just a copy of a copy... but hey, maybe it's just me - wtf do i know i'm just a stupid college dropout.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

no, sorry.

I don't know

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

man you are right. dude you totally blew my mind just now. not to get away from the point but, just by chance, i have a

link or two here that youll find fun.

www.xenophilia.com...
yeah yeah yeah boring

arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu...
its pics like these that keep this going. notice the hole?

www.satmagazine.com...
oh thats probably why... huh!

www.cyberspaceorbit.com...
these are some good times.

www.navis.gr...
veimages.gsfc.nasa.gov...
smsc.cnes.fr...
some large images. the last one is too big, it doesnt load on my cpu, but whatever.

now arent we enjoying ourselves?

as i said before, friend, i didnt read the posts before me (which if it seemed that way, was not bragging). i came into the conversation like an a**hole admittedly. i skipped to the last page and read it all to catch up. where i find a person being high and mighty wearing a judges robe. so, admittedly out of place, i administer a burn of epic proportions because i wanna stand up for these people whos only crime is logic. i shoulda got stars for that. but no, tyrants always have darn near free reign. how is the radiation thing irrelevent? its necesarry for life, but too much can kill. since radiation from the sun couldnt possibly reach thru the earth, then it would have to be a star? or no? you mean jupiter gives off light? i'm

not understanding what is the catalyst for life there? what is the catalyst? what is the catalyst? if my scientific understanding was flawed, instead of being self righteous, you coulda informed me. i would like to get to the bottom of every mystery, and since i have science not faith, proof can sway me more than hope and security blankets.

and i double posted (thanks for pointing out) because i actually did go back and read a lotta posts. thanks

and btw, welcome to ats! seeing as how youre new here. an axe to grind? youre on a conspiracy site there, buddy. did you know that? and you should actually research this hollow earth theory. did you know that its not a christian thing? for real. no, i'm not christian bashing here. and christians doing the bashing wasnt the "people getting beat" i was referring to. thats just common knowledge and historical fact. i was referring to cops. fbi or cia or other countries govts woulda fallen into this category too. you see this is all bs. you and i have been divided as evidenced by our dealings with each other here, by msm, under the order of tptb, and enforced by the law.

i actually would quickly believe in the theories of vast underground cities. thats totally possible and/or probable. but every fibre of my being tells me this is more sleight of hand. just like the oil spill. its a tragedy but do you know what we're not being shown? theres news we're not being told that would blow your mind. its "look here, while whats really happening is over there." and here we are arguing about this dumb s*** when we should be out there changing the world.

i bet youre a cool person, regardless of all this pettiness we're displaying. in the animal kingdom, they call it presenting.

haha. but not many people do make it to great sites like above top secret, so youre cool in my book. go tell your truth.

thats all we can do sometimes...

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join