It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My unexpected discovery. The Hollow Earth Theory.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Haha, who seriously supports scientists these days? The same people who control the Peer Review are managing the oil mess by the way.. All the information you receive is tightly managed and quite misleading.

Rocks eh? Perhaps Geodes.. Oh and some mountains are hollow.. while we are on this subject you might as well look into a little place called Telos..

Here's a quote from Tesla.. unlike Einstein, this guy knew what he was talking about. We may be getting a taste of his technology very shortly..

“The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.”

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Mayura]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I saw an image online of the paths of all satellites circling the earth. (Sort of looked like a ball of yarn, what with all the criss-crossing lines) There was an obvious 'no fly zone' around the coordinates that the Byrd fella was said to have indicated as the North Pole 'entrance' to the center of the earth.

So I thought, yeah, sure, right, I'll Google Earth it and "drive around" and see for myself. First the Google Earth compass spazzed out repeatedly as I neared the area in question, then the browser crashed... three times on three attempts.

(By this time I was hearing Twighlight Zone music and watching for the suits to show up while I rebooted)

Seriously, somebody else try it! There's a description somewhere online that I cannot seem to relocate, saying 'northwest of so & so island, blah, blah, blah' along with the lat/long coordinates, supposedly from Byrd's diary.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

It's not hollow, it's flat like a Dime.

You want proof, all those space / satelite pictures show a circular
object, just like a Dime.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Great thread, thanks for the links

Some even argue that we live on the inner side of the planet. I can't find a link now. There was a scientific experiment drilling two holes 2 miles deep and hanging a huge pendulum in each one with a ball on the end. They measured the decline of each ball. In the experiment the balls moved away from each other indicating the earth is curved the other way. The curvature of the earth as we see it could be an optical illussion. There was a whole .pdf of facts in favour of the theory and was very interesting. It was said that any calculations that apply to the outside of the sphere also apply to the inside..or something like that anyway the theory can't be mathematically disproved.
Also stated that the sun and moon are one and the same. So we have an inner sun that we see night and day, but is diffused during night time.

ah..i found some links!
- Different hollow earth theories
- Edmond Halley theory (1692)

Cyrus Teed theory

He was determined to prove his theory scientifically and launched his own geodetic survey in 1897 to do just that.
Using his "rectilineator," a set of double-T squares made of large logs, he projected a horizontal line until his calculations indicated that it would plunge into the Gulf of Mexico, four miles from its starting point.
This was Teed's proof that the earth's surface is concave and that his rectilineator line had intersected the earth's upward curve.
The scientists had gotten everything backward: It is centrifugal force, not gravity, that keeps our feet planted on the ground. The sphere *is* about 25,000 miles around, just as the scientists say. China is about 8,000 miles away, through the earth's center -- straight up.
The Nazis entertained many occult theories in their quest for world domination, and Teed's was one of them. At one point a Nazi expedition went to the Isle of Man. Its mission: to get secret photographs of the United States by pointing its powerful telescopes *up*.

... What's most infuriating is that a little mathematical fiddling turns this crazy theory into a proposition that is virtually impossible to refute.

- Source

- Great link (An extensive article with lots of pics. Explaining how night/day works in Cyrus Teeds model. Also showing Teeds experiments that proved him right.)

And finally!
The Tamarack Mines Mystery

The essence of the story, as usually told, goes something like this. In the fall of 1901 J.B. Watson, Chief Engineer at the Tamarack copper mine (S. of Calumet, Mich.) suspended 4250 foot long plumb lines down mineshafts. Measurements showed that the plumb lines were farther apart at the bottom than at the top, contrary to expectations. Thus arose one of the long-standing mysteries of science.

- Lots of info

Now I'm off to reading..

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
This is absolutely absurd!

but it is interesting and you did present it pretty damn well.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
If the earth is flat or concave then how do you explain photos of earth as a sphere? Or something like this amateur video of the edge of space?

It just seems all the evidence points to the earth being a sphere and that we do indeed have a sun/moon and the earth spins giving night/day and it orbits the sun while the moon orbits the earth.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

It's tightly managed so retards don't spew retarded thoughts like the Earth is hollow with a sun inside.

I'll ask you the same unanswerable question. Where's the EMPs? A freaking star in the core of the earth? Where is the radiation? the glowing spotlights at these make believe pole holes? the Massive frying of electronics as solar winds blast out?

Do you have any idea how retarded the idea of a star in the Earth is?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by globuser777

And you consider those legitimate theories?

You know. Pretending to know about science and ignoring clearly proving facts is one of the causes of the Dark aged.

Thank you for killing us all.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

To be honest, the way you replied seems more retarded, than this theory
you just can't go on to insult people, and call them retarded.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Retard is simply a lack of something. Fire retardant, water retardant. etc etc. I also use it for intelligence retardant. It's not like the F word where I am from. It's a word. I use it.

To be quite frank, you need only look at Mercury to see what close proximation does to a world. Radiation, death, and destruction.

Sorry. but I have no compassion for people whom simply ignore the massive obviousness of this flaw.

Sorry if you are offended, but to believe this is like coating yourself in intelligence retardant.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Indian mythology and epics have quite a huge number of references to Hollow Earth theory - the world down there is called Patala Lok and is inhabited by serpent featured people. The diametrically opposite land (ie 180 degrees from India's position) on the Earth is Mexico. The Mayan civilisation has quite a lot of similarities which is explained in Indian epics as Patala Lok.

Similarly it is also explained in the epics, the ancient indians and their Gods (Devas) could travel to space easily and spce time / time space theory has been explained in detail.

In Himalayas, there are innumerable evidences that our elder civilisations still continue to live with more knowledge than us.

It is good to see that this topic is discussed here and it may bring more and more information from around the world.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Well....I'd say, offhand, that what your OP has presented is a general 'ALL-IN-ONE-PLACE' grouping of the various so-called 'theories' of a 'hollow earth' --- compiled and couched in such incredible complexity as to make it seem almost plausible, to those lacking the sufficient scientific chops to see the complete inanity of the entire notion.

This is a very, very common symptom seen in many, many similar "theories" that strive to buck, for whatever reason...('15 minutes of fame'??)...what is normally considered accepted scientific theory.

Problem, with ALL of these --- and I have to use this word --- crackpot ideas is that they stem from, initially, false assumptions and pretenses.

I say "crackpot" because they, unlike the established, well-documented, and scientifically vetted concepts that define our natural world, are usually founded on principles that have no basis, whatsoever, in reality.

Not just this one --- dozens of others. These sorts of on the surface, to the undereducated "stories" are easily swallowed up by the peoples on the fringes....why such people are attracted to this, and not to real science, is difficult to comprehend.

In summary, the whole fringe element espousing this "theory" rely completely on what's called, in various iterations, "pseudoscience" and "junk science" in order to impart a seeming aura of 'respectability'.

They also are heavily dependent on the general public's appalling lack of good scientific education basics, and understanding.

It would be harmless, and comically cute ( like a child's belief in Sinter-, err, I mean Santa Claus
) except that this "junk" often gets incredible 'traction', so much as to cause a terrible increasing ignorance of things scientific, to the possible detriment of future generations of humans.
[edit on 24 June 2010 by weedwhacker]

even if you're right, you did a piss-poor job of proving or showing us how the theory is flawed with your gigantic ego--i mean, scientific chops. just don't post or bash things unless you're going to back YOUR claims up.

sinter, bravo on the thread amigo, these are the threads i come to this website for. thorough, fascinating, and *objective* takes on a subject.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
hmf okay,i didnt know that passenger flights pass by the pole,if there was a hole they were going to see it

i give you credit for that

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I went to the Yahoo home page and searched book of enoch hollow earth. The website is called echoesofenoch. Sorry, I don't know how to link the site, but it is an interesting read. Several biblical references to a "hollow earth"

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Boomer1941

That's an interesting experiment, but what would happen if they made bigger mine shafts, all the way to the centre of the Earth, what would be the expected position for the two pendulums? Would they point to each other or would they point away from each other?

I think that was the question they should have thought about.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rama the indian
In Himalayas, there are innumerable evidences that our elder civilisations still continue to live with more knowledge than us.

Huh? 'Innumerable evidences'?
Just gimme one and I'll do the Bharatnatyam all the way to the Moon!

[edit on 26-6-2010 by OrionHunterX]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Hi Gorman.

I'm I need to back up Krusty here.

A retard is where I come from, someone that is mentally disabled.
When it is used it is used as an insult.

Personally, I don't give a rats derriere about it. But... it is unnecessary name calling, and although ATS does not regard it as a bad form, I will say that it is lowering the civility what makes ATS such a wonderful place to be.

You will not find me calling the n-word either, cause that is one that doesn't mean anything where I live.

Will you please consider what I just said the next time you feel like using it ?

Kind regards.

~ Sinter.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Really this is pathetic. Why such a debate when it's obvious that there is no giant holes at the poles?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
One easy way to disprove this whole nonsense about "hollow Earth" is gravity. A massive superdense object like a star at the center of the earth would generate tremendous gravitational forces that would pale the gravitational forces that we see on the Earth's surface today.

Second, how and why does a thin hollow layer of soil form a shell around the star without collapsing into it ? With the gravitational forces exerted, the hollow earth would have to be made of really dense and strong material, much more thermally stable than concrete and harder than steel.

Third, a miniature star inside the Earth would affect the entire solar system as the gravitational forces would act on the entire solar system that would be noticeable through the effect of other celestial bodies orbits in the solar system. But that is not the case at all.

As for exploring the poles of the Earth, MILLIONS of people from all over the world have explored the poles of this planet ever since the 19 th century and even today hundreds of people currently reside all over Antarctica and inside the Arctic circle.

As for the Giza hole BS, the ancient Egyptians had no tools or ability to drill to any significant depth unlike the diamond cutters and the robotic drill heads of today that are used all over the world in mining. There is nothing that a bunch of savages in ancient Egypt knew or did that we today, can't do a 1000 times better and safer. To think otherwise is just madness.

All of this is common sense and anybody who wants the links can try google. I can't be bothered to google common sense.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Sure I will consider it. But can you answer the question about EMPs and spot lights?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join