It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We just had an earthquake in OTTAWA!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm on the coast of Maine, and felt a rumble like that of a few semi trucks going by on the road...But, with that said, I live on an island with only one road on or off the island, NO 18 wheelers come down here....there is no commerce for them here, besides, once they hit the end of the island, there's nowhere for them to turn around...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Wtf? are they playing with us?

They changed the number 5.5 to 5.0? however it did felt like an 5.5 there is something that they arent telling us.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Here the link to USGS
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax
Heard reports that Mantracker fell off his horse due
to the quake. He cussed, got back on the horse and continued on..

That is a classic keeper, right there.....

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Perhaps others more informed than me could advise whether today's article in the Guardian could have been orders for the haarp pilots?

It is a bit pointless, but refers to "MoD aircraft in 832 near misses" 67 occasions and 222 incidents and includes dates between "2004 and 2009".

I couldn't help notice the interesting numbers. Could this be instructions for action to be taken between the 24th to the 29th?

Maybe it is nothing. Sydney is certainly covered in a fog of unusual density. It would make a great fictional novel. City 33 degree latitude, Australia in a wonder playing the FIFA world cup .

Hope this is nonsense. If not best wishes to all and sundry (including the real or imaginary plotters out there - you woke me up, so bless you too).

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Even though the epicenter was in Canada, I wonder if it was connecting with the New Madrid fault line that runs down the Mississippi? It was felt a long way down into the states, it seems.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'm in Toronto. I was at work downtown. We're on the 17th floor of a 20 story building. I felt my chair bounce up and down and then heard the window pane in front of me creak. At that point I closed the lid of my laptop and got the hell out.

With the G20 happening this sure is a crappy co-incidence. Of interest though, minutes before the tremors, we were watching some very serious looking helicopters zing back and forth along the lakeshore. There were a couple of troop transports. Such as this.

Big chopper

And that looked like this.
Smaller chopper

This is the 2nd time I've felt one in Toronto in my lifetime. I must say its' scarier in a high rise.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I am in Herkimer County ( The Mohawk Valley) and i felt this for 2 minute's or longer.I was sitting on the couch reading a post on ATS and all of a sudden the house started to shake. I thought something huge was going past the house. It woke my 6 month old niece and nephew up from a sound sleep as they were napping in their swing's.They both were screaming so im guessing it scared them aswell.
I have never felt one such as this in my lifetime.Usually we hear about them but no one feel's them.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
As someone mentioned earlier. Here in Ulster County, New York, it also came through in 2 waves with a rest between the 2 of 5 seconds +/-.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Tones of people in Niagara region felt it. Its all over my facebook this afternoon. I slept it out.
But I have been a dead sleeper my whole life. We did have one meby 10 years back although I don't think it even registered a 3.0. We do have a fault line in Niagara Falls under Stamford high school. I remember as a student there there was a fissure in the wall leading to the tech wing. I always remember wishing my school would fall into a hole in the ground.

Tourment

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Im in Toronto. Everybody at the office is talking about it, people are feeling it all over canada as we have stations throughout the country reporting it. Pretty wild, considering its been twelve years since the last one. This was bigger too, everybody felt it, cats have been goin wild, coffee cups shaking.

Woo hoo!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Last Earthquake to hit Ottawa was in 2006.

en.wikinews.org...

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Light soul]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
S&F !
Felt it here east of Montreal , i was at my computer and my big scren started moving which i thought was my eyes ! then my chair started rolling sidways and lamp started banging against the wall , i took a good few seconds for me to realize what was going on , reports coming in of slight cracks in some houses and a church tower possibly damaged , talked to a friend of mine who was in a tower in Montreal downtown and apparently scared the hell out of them security refused to let anyone in for at least 20 minutes , seems quakes are getting more and more all around us , which has never had as much activity in the world ! Guess Mommy Nature is sending messages !!!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Felt it here in Mississauga also!!!

I was minding my own business on my PC when my desk started to shake. I look at it and thought maybe it's because of the train ( train tracks near my house ) but then I thought that never happened, I put my hand on my wall and feel the whole thing shaking. At this time, I thought it was an earthquake so I looked at my window hoping to see a huge crack being made in the earth, but sadly it didnt
lol. After the little 10 sec indecent, I thought it was nothing but my imagination and that I was tripping. Found out later on when my lil brother came home that it was in fact an actual earthquake I felt.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by YouCanCallMeKM]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I grew up in S. California. I definitely experienced my share of earthquakes including the Northridge doozy. The experience is definitely strange and a scary, even the small ones. I know you think it sounds weird that you want to experience one, but what is even weirder is that, as scary as I know they can be, I kinda miss them! Maybe it's the adrenaline rush or something.

I remember once, when I was a kid, I literally heard it rolling through the neighborhood closer and closer to our house and then BAM! It lasted so long I remember thinking, at the age of about 10, I'm going to die tonight. Of course, I didn't though, but that is how scary they can be.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
We felt it as far down as Pittsburgh.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
yeah weird it was reported as 5.5 and then changed to 5.0

epicentre in Buckinham, Quebec just west of Montreal.

www.cbc.ca...

we felt it here slighty in North York. it apparently blew out the windows of Ottawa City Hall.

the prime minsiter Stephen Harper is reported as saying "I didn't feel it" LOL

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
My entire house shaked in Toronto a couple of minutes ago. It's funny 3 people I've talked to that were outside didn't feel a thing.

Are you sure they weren't fat or something..? The adipose tissue can absorb vibrations and they would be unaware that a natural disaster was taking place around them as they were eating their Mcdonalds..

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think this is odd. An Earthquake in Canada that is felt in Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Maine. Some of those places I can see as being possible, but not all of them.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
reply to post by Daivuk

People keep mentioning Operation Blackjack and Toronto in the same context. Duh . . . I think it is time for me to find out what the aitch Operation Blackjack is.

Ahaha, Iv seen soo many threads on Blackjack, and I still have no clue what it's about.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join