It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We just had an earthquake in OTTAWA!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mathius
the prime minsiter Stephen Harper is reported as saying "I didn't feel it" LOL

He wouldn't. Reality and him are galaxy's apart.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I live in Grand Rapids, MI (western)....was working at the time....didn't feel anything...nor did anyone else that I worked with.

Heard about it on the radio the way home. But no go here.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
I think this is odd. An Earthquake in Canada that is felt in Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Maine. Some of those places I can see as being possible, but not all of them.

It was also felt in Connecticut. It was strong enough here, that it knocked at least one larger-sized (30-inch) monitor off a desk. Coinnecticut is at least 300-400 miles away, as the crow flies.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Calm and cloudy in Southeastern WI, buffered by Lake Michigan.

I hope you're all ok.

Also, won't be long before the clowns start descending on this thread with "OMG guys!!! The sea floor is collapsing from the BP oil rig and it's blowing the planet out of orbit!!!" insanity.

Just saying... I haven't read all the responses yet, but my spidey sense is tingling.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
BAH! I always miss the fun and in turn, I never have anything to talk about.

I was actually riding my bike and I felt nothing. I guess those shock absorbers are working correctly.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Equinox99]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Double post. I guess this was the fun I was expecting.

Second.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Equinox99]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Didn't felt it, but some did here in Montreal...
It would have been my second in what.. 10 years?

Cool

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
First off, I've always just lurked here and read the posts without joining or responding, but today I felt this quake and that quickly inspired me to become a little more active.

I live near Buffalo,NY and i felt the quake around 1:45, surprisingly quick, considering other people felt it in NJ up to a half hour later. Just figured I'd add my .02$

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mathius
it apparently blew out the windows of Ottawa City Hall.

I would suggest that was aggravated by a sudden displacement of hot air

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
We felt it all the way down in newmarket.

My buddy in richmondhill was using his lathe when the earthquake happened. He didn't under stand why it came out so bad, then he remade one and it came out perfect, later he heard there was a earth quake, but he didn't feel it.

my dad felt it

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by chopperdudep

Originally posted by chopperdudep
First off, I've always just lurked here and read the posts without joining or responding, but today I felt this quake and that quickly inspired me to become a little more active.

I live near Buffalo,NY and i felt the quake around 1:45, surprisingly quick, considering other people felt it in NJ up to a half hour later. Just figured I'd add my .02$

Hi neighbor! Could you be a little more specific? I was about a mile west of the airport and I didn't feel anything. You don't have to give your town, just a general direction. Like north or north east of the city.

[edit on 6/23/2010 by darkelf]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Usually a lurker, and this is my first post, but felt it myself. live near the finger lakes region in the middle of NY, and iv never felt a quake here before. but it was enough to shake my whole house and all the houses on my street. I thought i had to much mountain dew for a moment haha

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Yes people, this is our 2nd earthquake in 5 years that was 5+ on the scale!
Im in upper ny.

THIS WAS NOT HAARP or anything else, just your everyday casual earthquake, move along people, the front page deserve something better than this!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
reply to post by chopperdudep

Originally posted by chopperdudep

Hi neighbor! Could you be a little more specific? I was about a mile west of the airport and I didn't feel anything. You don't have to give your town, just a general direction. Like north or north east of the city.

[edit on 6/23/2010 by darkelf]

Im in Wheatfield, NY. As far as I can tell just from general word of mouth and people on Facebook, it was hit or miss around here. I know people who live literally within a 5 minute walk of each other where one felt it and the other didnt

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I had no idea earthquakes could happen there! That must have been really scary...I hope everyone is ok.

It's not unusual that a relatively small quake affected such a large area, by the way... The ground in the eastern part of North America is different from the west, and is good at carrying the eq waves a greater distance.

"The ground in the East also propagates shaking much more efficiently, so earthquakes would affect a much bigger area," he explained. "In the west, the crust is much more busted up, so the seismic waves attenuate — the magnitude 6.7 Northridge earthquake felt in Southern California but not Northern California. In the east the ground has hardened for millions and millions of years, so I felt shaking in Boston from a magnitude 6.0 earthquake in central Quebec that was 500 miles from where I was sitting."

www.livescience.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
"Tsunami warning issued for Harper's "fake lake"!

And if it does happen, wait until the taxpayers see the bill for the cleanup cost.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
felt-it all the way to quebec city

details ...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Iontruth

Hiya i thought i was hallucinating when i felt it here in Herkimer NY.But then realized i was at work and awake
Could not help but laugh as i read what you posted

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
Yes people, this is our 2nd earthquake in 5 years that was 5+ on the scale!
Im in upper ny.

THIS WAS NOT HAARP or anything else, just your everyday casual earthquake, move along people, the front page deserve something better than this!

This was not HAARP or anything?

casual earthquake, Sorry i am not your little story.

I noticed something like this would happen, cause all the animals and even birds left my area where i live in toronto, when the ducks felt the area 12 days ago earlier before it even happen.

I for one say it was something else, its time for people like you to start seening that as well.

Another thing, this just happens just before the G20/G8 Toronto Summit even begins.

Which makes me wonder if more are planned.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SSimon
I am quite impressed on how fast the event got here.
i like that, wonderful !
You know nothing happens here this is Canada

I don't think I would mind living in a place where nothing ever happens.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join