It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We just had an earthquake in OTTAWA!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I'll trade you some oil, for your earthquake.

Seriously guys, I'm sorry this has happened. It must be scary. I hope you are all okay, and your property as well.

No thanks, We have our own "tarsands" in Alberta.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
I have been watching the gulf on US news constantly, and I hope you guys down there will be OK.

This should be on the news all night, this is not an earthquake area at all.
We are living in interesting times.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It's been felt from Niagara Falls Ny all the way south to the PA boarder...

The Magic Hat Brewing Company reported it being felt in Vermont, the beer is okay though... ;]

link   
I live in SF, whats the big deal? that size hits every monday. lol is this the Time Wave Event we were looking for? he said earth quake in Nourth Caralina and this is close

link   
Live on the Niagara Escarpment right on a fault in western N.Y. . We felt nothing, yet many places around here claim to have felt shaking. I am patiently sitting here waiting for some more action, we got cheated. I have never felt an earthquake before as long as it's little and no damage results I think it would be neat to expirence one.

link   
I hope the Elsinore Brewery is still intact!

second line here.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by spark9576

I was in an office building in downtown Cincinnati, and could feel the building shaking and swaying.

It was wild!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This quake was felt in the Detroit area and the local affiliates and radio stations are getting a lot of calls....I did not feel it but I am in a concrete highrise so not surprising.

What makes me wonder is if this has anything to do with what is going on ith the Gulf, would not surprise me.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by buffalogoose
It's been felt from Niagara Falls Ny all the way south to the PA boarder...

The Magic Hat Brewing Company reported it being felt in Vermont, the beer is okay though... ;]

Well what did you expect? No self respecting Canadian earthquake would ruin beer.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntelRetard
I hope the Elsinore Brewery is still intact!

second line here.

Don't come across Strange Brew references too often, that was great
!

Since the other thread is closed:

Holy moly!!! I'm in NJ and a little over 30 minutes ago I felt the building I was in move a little! It's a small 4 floor medical building that is wider than it is tall; that makes me believe it wasn't wind.

Is there a way to confirm it reached NJ?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Felt it in Maine too. Mother thought I was crazy, so did I for a bit.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
spotted it a min ago on equake,

i have one question IT IS NORMAL FOR QUAKES THIS SIZE TO HIT THAT AREA?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Deep oil gas resivours on the plates is the worlds lube, without it the friction will rip our arse up.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Close.....well he said Canada

He was close you have to admit

link   
5.7, I'm working in Ottawa and we felt it a lot. And the funny thing, we were just talking about operation Blackjack me and a Co-worker. I thought a nuke went off in Toronto

link   
Pics quake

This site has some pics from the area.

link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel
spotted it a min ago on equake,

i have one question IT IS NORMAL FOR QUAKES THIS SIZE TO HIT THAT AREA?

Absolutly not, just called my friend who has lived there in Qubec her hole life and this is the first she has felt. Freaked her out and nocked out her window AC unit.

link   
Shakemap looks better now with continually updated modelling information. Depth has been raised to 9 miles and quake revised to 5.0

earthquake.usgs.gov...

We had a similar quake here in the UK at a 5.2, that was felt for a broad swathe of the country, but the geographic variations destroyed the P-Waves before they had chance to get far.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I live in michigan not that far from toronto. I'm about 16 miles away from detroit.

Yeah nothing here

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I just came from the thread about feeling the earthquake in New York.. a mod closed that thread and directed people here..

Isn't that thread a separate issue? I would not have clicked on this thread because earthquake in Canada doesn't interest me.. But that same quake being felt in new York does interest me.

Why close that thread? If that's the case, then why don't you lump all oil spill related posts into one thread?

I am not getting the reasoning here.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
This quake was felt in the Detroit area and the local affiliates and radio stations are getting a lot of calls....I did not feel it but I am in a concrete highrise so not surprising.

What makes me wonder is if this has anything to do with what is going on ith the Gulf, would not surprise me.

Eh, i'm sure earth is semi conscious . That being said God=Nature.

Anyways I agree. I live in macomb nothing here

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join