It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We just had an earthquake in OTTAWA!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Felt it here in Fredericton NB also.. I thought it was my hangover but then everyone in the office started talking about it.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It was felt in Pittsburgh PA too! I heard a report on a police scanner and the officer responding seemed to laugh it off when dispatched. Then there was another report across town of an earthquake. Dispatchers just made an announcement about a 5.5 on the US Canaduh border near Ontario.

weird.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I was quite naked when it happened.Ithink i'll put something on in case of an aftershock yes?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
USGS report:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Click on the "summary" tab and you'll read that there have historically been other similar events of about 6.0 magnitude in the area.

Very interesting, though! It's fascinating to see reports coming in from Ohio, Michigan, NY State, Massachusetts, etc.

link   
I'm in Lansing, Michigan. Didn't feel anything, but it was definitely felt in Detroit. No damage reported.

link   
My family did not feel a thing as they were on the main floor of our house, but I felt it here in the basement. Metro Detroit area.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sumgai

Yup, the epicenter was in Quebec as best as I can tell.. close to the border of Ontario and Quebec.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Tsunami warning issued for Harper's "fake lake"!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'll trade you some oil, for your earthquake.

Seriously guys, I'm sorry this has happened. It must be scary. I hope you are all okay, and your property as well.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
yes! That was crazy. Things actually fell of some counters in my house and broke. Perhaps that is just more of a problem of clutter though .

I have never experienced such a strong earthquake. Hopefully it's not a precursor to a "subduction earthquake", which is expected to hit the region at some point in time.

source: www.cbc.ca...

"Eventually, scientists say, this will cause a "subduction earthquake," an incredibly powerful event that could measure up to a magnitude of 9. Based on geological evidence in the region, it's believed that such quakes strike every 300 to 500 years. "

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Ottawa here. What a weird sensation! I've felt an earthquake before but it was nothing like this. I work near the airport and thought an airplane crashed or something.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It woke me up. I thought someone was running on the stairs. Nope. No biggie for me. I spent 6 years on Vancouver Island and this is a common occurrence there.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by fattyp
Tsunami warning issued for Harper's "fake lake"!

Lmao
I'm not going to be able to get this joke out of my head now! Hilarious.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I'm hearing that the Ottawa Citizen's (local newspaper) office had some windows busted... and I'm also hearing that a chimeney came down.. some damage reports are coming in..

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The USGS has just downgraded this quake to a 5.0

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Heard reports that Mantracker fell off his horse due
to the quake. He cussed, got back on the horse and continued on..

link   
reply to post by bourbon2nite

Actually, KJV is divers, so I'd say he wrote what he meant.
second line.

link   
I am quite impressed on how fast the event got here.
i like that, wonderful !
You know nothing happens here this is Canada

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
They are saying that the shaking in Connecticut was due to this earthquake, though that's kind of hard for me to believe. If the Ontario earthquake was only a 5.5, then how on earth did we get such a violent shake several hundred miles away? If that is the case, then weird is all I can say. Everyone I'm talking to here, isn't buying it, unless the quake in Ontario was much bigger.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by starstrings
yes! That was crazy. Things actually fell of some counters in my house and broke. Perhaps that is just more of a problem of clutter though .

I have never experienced such a strong earthquake. Hopefully it's not a precursor to a "subduction earthquake", which is expected to hit the region at some point in time.

source: www.cbc.ca...

"Eventually, scientists say, this will cause a "subduction earthquake," an incredibly powerful event that could measure up to a magnitude of 9. Based on geological evidence in the region, it's believed that such quakes strike every 300 to 500 years. "

Right paid goverment scientists

That said toronto will never have an earthquack or feel it.

's believed that such quakes strike every 300 to 500 years

I just love how they always make up such data and info, first they wait and then claim.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join