It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran on war alert over "US and Israeli concentrations" in Azerbaijan

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Solace

The Holocaust is nothing more than a ZIONIST SCAM to extort compensation money from Germany and Switzerland and steal Palestinian land...

That is the biggest single hate-filled load of CRAP that I've read to date on ATS.

And trust me, I've read a lot of crap.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Yeah, so they're going to wait for an "incident" before they attack. Even if they have to provoke one or make one up, which is in effect what they're doing on both sides. Trying to provoke the other side. How many times have we been through this already just in the last 10 years. "War on the 4th of July!" It's such a cycle.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

No. They really do want that land (and they does not mean the Jewish people...you know that, right? Just checking.) The quoted comment really pertains more to the situation in Gaza that the topic of this thread, which I think is Iran.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Because we are only getting these hear-say reports from news agencies in other countries, it will be nice to hear what's going on first hand!

There must be people out there who have friends or relatives currently in the ME who know "something". I know they are probably told not to talk about their current mission or orders but a hint would be better than rumours!

There's nothing I can find on CNN, Sky News, BBC, Fox etc.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
have you tried al jazeera

al jazeera

its a middle eastern media group isnt it ?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

U2U me for my address and contact info. You, like any other keyboard gangster.. You dont like what i say ..so you jump to a conclusion that I somehow live in my parents basement and hide behind my PC. This could not be further from the truth.. I am a single father of 3... I am stronger mentally before 6 am than you can achieve in a day. Living in my parents basement? I WISH... I would love to not have 2k in bills a month... your point is lost in your anger.. I was simply pointing out that your time line was 3rd grade jibber jabber at best. You taking coincidences and turning them into conspiracies is no better than the god dilusion.

Say it to your face?
You are a weak man, and you prove it every time you type. I am a hockey player, I fight for fun.. what do you fight for?? Someone to buy into your conspiracy threads?

Your thoughts are dilusional ...your ideas are borderline childish.. I simply shouldnt waste my time with the likes of you.

Yes, I think it is IDIOTIC to think they might be waiting on the LUNAR eclipse (like it matters which one, both equally involved in a stupid thought or idea)

What do I think about your World Cup time line- LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO... Proves my point that the world needs to start over and we need to pay a little closer attention to the gene pool.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

Originally posted by Mobius1974
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Oh yeah I forgot TPTB want a solar eclipse to kick off an attack.. little bit of a stretch dont you think? Its coments like that, that discredit allot of us.

I heard the illuminati were waiting until the next Friday the 13th to do something. The NWO will not attack on a day with humidity higher than 80%...

Oh and dont forget Israel is waiting until the 2nd day of the first month after June. OMFG 2nd = 2 1st month = 1... OMG 21 BLACKJACK

silly silly foolish foolish waste of time and thought! [/quote ]

Listen up son ! that's big speak for a little boy who lives in his mothers basement battling dragons with a mouse . Big talk for a sniveling antagonist hiding behind a coax cable .

Get you facts straight !

Firstly it is a Lunar eclipse , you know darkness ? Solar eclipse pfffft (idiot )

Listen up son? Idiot? Are you serious did you miss your meds?
Does it matter solar or lunar? My point was- no country or power would wait for either of these for ANY action! PERIOD!

Secondly I was replying to someone elses post that said they would not attack Iran until after the full moon . I simply pointed out that the full moon will experience a eclipse on the 26th . Apparently I did not make that simply enough .

Did you mean simple enough?

Thirdly common sense say's the West cannot delay action for too long or Iran can prepare counter measures thus the West loses any advantage .Sadly common sense is lost on you and you were only have a common mouth .

Could you please explain that last sentence to me.... I think your 5 year old must have finished your thought for you.

Any other thing you have said is your own delusions .I'd I only respect those who make comments like yours to my face .

I would also like the last line here clarified.. I can't make heads nor tails of it.
I like meeting new people.. I would be happy to discuss this further to your face. I think that is much more personal. I will assume we could get this all hashed out in less than a minute. You should spend more of your day being happy.. this anger has to be a burden on your daily life.
You want peace? don't be hypocritical, start with yourself.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Enemy of enemy is friend....

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Prof. Twister

This is true.. and a good theory to follow.. the bad part is.. Enemies are fabricated and so are friends to fit individual situations.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
U.S. attack on Iran would be a wrong move leading to catastrophic consequences and would destabilize the Middle East and lead to an extremely negative reaction in the Islamic world and raise the sympathy of the Muslim world and Islamist groups like Hamas in Palestine, Hezbollah in Lebanon, and Badr in Iraq, also Iran would blockade the Straits of Hormuz so than oil prices will raise to the stratosphere.
beside US financially not prepare for any new war. Unless if US attract Russia & china with Mega trading benefits.
so be cool ,,,, think bright.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Prof. Twister]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

F.Y.I
That blockade would last 7 days MAX. I have mixed feelings on this.. If its going to happen lets get it over with.. There is no way we can stop this ball that is rolling. I would prefer no war.... but that is fantasy! Soo with that being said.. lets get the BIG ONE over with...

Another point people keep making about affording a war... history has proven.. War is good for our economy.. I dont think this is good, but its life!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I would laugh if the US tells Israel, "Alright let's mass, now tomorrow we strike". Then Israel strikes and the US walks away. Israel would be SO SCREWED.

Does anyone else share my humor?

Humour? Not really.

Israel screwed by that scenario? Not really. Ultimately there is always the Samson option. I think it would be more correct to rephrase your remark:

Then Israel strikes and the US walks away. the World would be SO SCREWED.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I see it differently. I think Israel can take out ALL of the players involved WITHOUT nukes.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by Solace

The Holocaust is nothing more than a ZIONIST SCAM to extort compensation money from Germany and Switzerland and steal Palestinian land...

That is the biggest single hate-filled load of CRAP that I've read to date on ATS.

And trust me, I've read a lot of crap.

It is in fact common educated opinion, not crap as you presume. The events in Germany during WWII were deplorable, however the victims were diverse - the hijacking of these atrocities for use as a political tool and bargaining chip by the Zionist fanatics is plain enough for even the most cursory investigation to reveal.

The continued claims of modern relevance, and politicization of those events would raise serious questions whether Israel existed or not, but making the obvious connection between the creation of the state of Israel and the over dramatization of those events does not require omniscience, nor for that matter any more than average intelligence and a handful of the most pertinent facts.

The killings of millions of Russians during Stalins rule, or the atrocities of Mao and others dwarf even the most fictitious of over estimates by Zionists - so the obvious question is asked, what is the special significance of those particular events?

To even raise reasonable and factual questions regarding the events in Germany is to be attacked - since when is questioning and investigating history a crime? It is a crime when it has special political significance that is relevant in modern times. In other words, truth must be suborned by fiction to support the illusion of Israels continued justification for existence - and to support the lie that it is some kind of underdog, with a special claim to public sentiment.

Pure propaganda - obvious to anyone who is resistant to brainwashing.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Amagnon]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

NO man, not 1 week or 1 month.....They needs minimum one year to clear & open this Straits.
The Straits of Hormuz is 54Km wide and there is only 1.7 Km wide narrow passageway deep Enough for passing oil Tankers, so if Iranian as they threate Drown one of oil Tankers here, than oil transportation practically will STOP from Straits of Hormuz.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

1.7 km...... One tanker can block this... hmmm. Interesting.. Do you find any reason to rethink that? I dont feel like arguing .. i agree they will try and block it.. THEY WILL NOT SUCEED for more then a week.. One of the US's main concerns is a plan to keep that strait open.. You can bet your hiney... that strait will not remain closed longer then a week.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Mobius1974]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
IRGC to counter threats to Iran vessels

Senior Islamic Revolution Guards Corps commander Brigadier General Ali Fadavi says that the IRGC is capable of countering any threat against Iranian vessels.

Speaking at the inauguration ceremony for Brig. Gen. Ali-Reza Tangsiri as the new IRGC Navy commander in the southern port of Bandar Abbas on Wednesday Brig. Gen. Fadavi said that the US and its allies would not dare to threaten Iranian vessels.

"The Persian Gulf is the center of and most sensitive location in the world and the Americans cannot survive without it. We can close off this water way at any time," he added.

General Fadavi said that the IRGC naval forces would have a special and suitable response to the inspection of Iranian vessels.

www.presstv.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I would think the members here would know better than anyone.... Just because he says it DOES NOT make it true.... NK says it can destroy America..Can they? They have to use some leverage..its all they have. you will see... War with Iran is inevitable.. And that strait will remain open.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

He is kinda right, many Jewish organizations have been blackmailing billions from European countries for decades in regards to the holocaust. Many of the survivors don't see a penny of it or a very low amount of money considering how much these organizations manage to acquire, the number of supposed holocaust survivors is exaggerated as well. So yes, the holocaust is being used a tool to extort money.
As for the story, we all know the majority of Israelis want to preemptively strike Iran. But unless the USA is in it with them Israel can't really go to war themselves. So to the American members how is the publics perception of Iran over there? Are they brainwashed enough to support another war?

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Iranian Coastal Artillery
by James Dunnigan
May 19, 2010

Iran insists that it can withstand any attack, and will have no trouble blocking the export of oil via the Straits of Hormuz in retaliation. Hormuz is where ships exit the Persian Gulf and enter the Indian Ocean. Some 40 percent of the world's oil shipments pass through these straits, which comes to about 15-20 tankers a day (plus a dozen or more non-tankers). The Persian Gulf, in general, is a busy waterway. It is 989 kilometers long, and the average depth is 50 meters (maximum depth is 90 meters). Iran now openly boasts of its ability to use land based anti-ship missiles as "coastal artillery" to halt traffic in the straits. Given past performance by the Iranians, that is unlikely.
The Iranian problem is that they have a small navy, an obsolete air force and a poor track record when it comes to shutting down tanker traffic in the Persian Gulf, or the Straits of Hormuz. They tried once before, in the 1980s, when they were at war with Iraq. The two nations began attacking each other's tanker traffic early on, in an attempt to cut off each other's oil sales (and, thus, military purchases). Iran didn't want to shut the Straits of Hormuz, because it needed the oil revenue more than Iraq (which was getting billions in aid from other Arab states) did. So each country concentrated on attacking shipping in the Persian Gulf. Over 500 ships were attacked, 61 percent of them tankers. Only 23 percent of the tankers attacked (mainly with the types of anti-ship missiles that are still in use) were sunk, or immobilized. The attacks, using fighter-bombers and warships, only hit about two percent of the ship traffic in the Gulf. Iran lowered its oil prices to cover the higher cost of ship insurance, and in 1986, Russia and the United States intervened to protect Kuwaiti and Iraqi tankers (which were taking most of the damage).

The Iranian military is in worse shape today than it was 25 years ago, and would not last long trying to attack ships. That leaves the Straits of Hormuz. This is actually a wide (about 30 kilometers) deep channel. Normally, shipping sticks to narrow (a few kilometers wide) channels, going in and out, to avoid collisions. It was long believed that the main Iranian threat would be naval mines. The Arab states have lots of mine clearing equipment, and more numerous air and naval forces than Iran. In addition, there is the United States and NATO forces in the area.

If Iran tried to shut down the Straits of Hormuz, it's more likely that the straits would remain open for non-Iranian oil. With the loss of their oil exports, Iran would find its remaining military forces being hunted down and destroyed day after day. Not only would Iranian oil exports be halted, but so would imports. Iran depends on imports of food (over 100,000 tons a week) and gasoline to keep its economy operating.

Iran believes it has a secret weapon for shutting down the Straits of Hormuz. This is hundreds of Chinese C-802 anti-ship missiles mounted in trucks, some of them civilian trucks that, they hope, could slip past enemy aircraft. But the Iranians have another problems with the C-802.

Four years ago, Hezbollah received some C-802s and fired two of them at an Israeli warship. Why wasn't the 1,100 ton Israeli corvette destroyed by the 164 kg (360 pound) warhead of the C-802? That's because the C-802 missile hit the helicopter hanger on the Israeli ship. Then the missile suffered a common problem; the warhead failed to go off. The fire on the Israeli ship was caused by the half a ton of missile crashing into it, and the unburned rocket fuel. The other C-802 fired, homed in on a nearby Egyptian ship, and sank it (the warhead on that one did detonate). The Israeli anti-missile system was not turned on because it was found to interfere with the electronics on Israeli warplanes operating in the vicinity. This is also an increasing problem in modern warfare. There are so many electronic gadgets transmitting, that there are more cases of signals, literally, getting crossed.

Another problem with the C-802 is that it can hit targets over the horizon (about twenty kilometers distant), and to do that, you need an aircraft or ship on the spot to provide general location data for the C-802. This is not a big problem in the Straits of Hormuz, except in bad weather or at night. American air power would shut down nearly all Iranian radars, so the C-802s would be blind much of the time. The rest of the Gulf is too wide for the C-802 to be effective.

The C-802 is a 20 foot long, 360mm, 682 kg (1,500 pound). The Israeli warship (like most in the West) carried electronic defenses against anti-ship missiles, as well as a Phalanx auto-cannon. This system is supposed to be turned on whenever the ship is likely to have an anti-ship missile fired at it. The Phalanx radar can spot incoming missiles out to about 5,000 meters, and the 20mm cannon is effective out to about 2,000 meters. With incoming missiles moving a 250 meters a second, you can see why Phalanx is set to automatic. There's not much time for human intervention.

The C-802 needs to work with a radar that can track the target. The C-802 apparently used Lebanese government coastal radars for this. The Israelis destroyed those radars after their ship was hit, and no more C-802s were fired. The C-802 is 30 year old technology, and Iranian quality control in its weapons plants is known to be uneven. So a certain percentage of those missiles would fail for one reason or another. The Iranians would find out how effective, or not, the U.S. is on stopping any trucks from getting near the coast. In sum, the Iranians, despite their bluster, don't have a sure thing when they say they will close the Straits of Hormuz.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join