It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Claims to Find Oil in Oyster at Restaurant

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I sent this to everyone in my facebook and twitter as well. There is no good news anymore it seems.

AlSayr

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

No one official has actually confirmed that there was oil. it is a bunch of locals up in arms.

They are talking about BP giving compensation to businesses. The committee is ran by the same guy who rant the 9/11 compensation committee.

How do you know that the owner and that kid don't know each other?

C'mon people, the skeptic are slacking today.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Indeed they are...

why would any owner of a seafood restaurant in FLORIDA want a story like this to get out?

And what does this thread have to to with a 9/11 commission? Honestlly... you go from how the 20Billion is being used in a potentially corrupted fashion to what the owner of a Florida Seafood restaurant says about his own seafood?

There's being skeptical... and then there is just being blind to the obvious...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

It's not from Florida. It is from Lake Norman, North Carolina. Needless to say I doubt the restaurant owner is going to file suit, but they might file a claim from BP. I am not sure though just because someone wants monetary consideration for harm done to their business, doesn't mean they are lying. Justice in this system of ours relies on having someone pay for wrongs done. However, Lake Norman area is a very upscale community in NC. This business owner probably does fairly well without suing someone or filing a claim. I'll keep tabs on this though and see if anything pops up.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Every batch of oysters from the gulf must be shipped with an identification tag showing the origin, both the gatherer and the area........If it was LA oysters, it will be discovered.....Chill, folks, wait for the results....everyone wants a piece of BP money....

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

why would any owner of a seafood restaurant in FLORIDA want a story like this to get out?

Fifteen minutes of fame maybe? Maybe he's thinking he's going to get a BP check or be on 60 minutes.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
LOL, didn't Obama eat some of that stuff not long ago .. and proclaim it was delicious?
Eat more, Obama, eat some more .. I dare ya!

Listen, why chance it, why risk your health. If there's oil in them things, you've got to assume there's corexit in there too. Don't eat that stuff, or it will get into our soylent green supply too and then what will we eat after the acid rains have destroyed our agricultural crops?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

No one seems to be willing to state they saw him actually eat it.........he normally would not be allowed to unless someone had either vetted the food or eaten it long prior......

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
What time to own raw oyser bar.
Now from what I understand most of the oyser guys have shut down.
Who wound be dumb enough to eat Oysters now, if you still do, don't eat the ones with the black stuff on them, that's oil, Texas T, Black Gold.

I'm trying just to get fish from north atlantic, if possible.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by googolplex]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
wow!!
This actually made me laugh

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I cannot see the video? Blackout? Help!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Since most oysters in the US are farmed and since they can easily test if the oil came from the BP blowout.
And since the grower of the farmed oysters should be known because the oysters packing should tell who they came from.

I am guessing that some oyster farmer did not protect his product and when they got contaminated dumped them on the market as far away from the spill area as possible hoping no one would notice.

The crooks are going to have a field day with BP and if the government is controlling the money giveaway they many try even harder.

I expect lawsuits over this blowout to still be in courts for the next 20+ years.

I also expect people to be arrested for fraud over this blowout.
I wonder how many fishing boat owner will claim the loss of money because they can not fish and at the same time get payed for using There boats for cleanup and making more money then they ever would have for fishing.
Its my understanding that BP is paying over $200 a hour for fishing boats $35 a hour for the captain and $15 per hour for crew.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Yuck...link to the video provided below. I am not eating seafood for a long time. Sorry to all the fishermen. Sorry to the sushi places I love. I just think at some point someone is going to eat raw oil.

VIDEO LINK

Did the person asked the waitor for "lead or unleaded Oyster" while he was at the restaurant? It would seem as other fish supplies will have some amounts of oil in it.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by gordonwest]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Why would any owner of a seafood restaurant in FLORIDA want a story like this to get out?

While normal people get up and go to work each day, this lazy & greedy restaurant owner probably decided that a BS story and some media hype would get him a nice fat compensation payout from BP. Which in his view is far simpler than actually lifting a finger and doing some work.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by who-me?

Why would any owner of a seafood restaurant in FLORIDA want a story like this to get out?

While normal people get up and go to work each day, this lazy & greedy restaurant owner probably decided that a BS story and some media hype would get him a nice fat compensation payout from BP. Which in his view is far simpler than actually lifting a finger and doing some work.

Your saying that the restaurant owner is this lazy & greedy? Umm... Compared with what happened about the BP oil leak. Yeah! The owner of the restaurant is 'ALOT MORE' lazy and greedy that will kill a few thousand wildlife and poison the air-water.... and cause a few thousand people to go homeless - because of no-work? Yeah, the restaurant owner is 'alot more' lazy and greedy...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
So start drilling .......

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Utter tosh.

Apart from as somebody else quite rightfully said (why would ANY seafood provider allow this to get thru) I think that the Oyster itself would not have oil inside it?

I mean it's own internal organs would filter the oil out?

Or am I wrong - confirmation from an expert would be interesting....

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
For those of you who don't know, shellfish (oysters, clams, mussels etc.) are filter feeders. That means they skim their food right from water, thus they are excellent barometers for the health of an ecosystem. Once the origin of this shellfish is known it should be sent out for testing.

Did you know there are contaminated shellfish beds all over the US?

A one time spill of "yuck" into their bed would also have the same results. Shellfish (no matter how yummy) are always a gamble to eat.

This might interest you

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Helmkat]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Guess what,

The video is not there anymore!

Surprise surprise...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by who-me?While normal people get up and go to work each day, this lazy & greedy restaurant owner probably decided that a BS story and some media hype would get him a nice fat compensation payout from BP. Which in his view is far simpler than actually lifting a finger and doing some work.

Wait, so this is the owner's fault that he spoke on camera? Especially on ATS, lets think about it this way, if he would have refused to comment to the news on what that kid found, would a bunch of people not say his silence was indicative of guilt?

You're making quite the assumption. If he runs an oyster bar and has been affected financially (or now will be) due to the oil spill contaminating food that his business relies on, why shouldn't he be going after BP?

ETA: The video is still there, I just watched it not even 5 minutes ago.

edit on by niteboy82 because: video comment

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join